th1bill

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  348
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

I've been hearing more and more about people getting their conceal and carry permit. My husband is wanting to sign us up for a CCW permit class. I believe everyone is afraid we will soon not be able to purchase a gun. We had a gun years ago and I talked my husband into getting rid of it. I would rather have just pepper spray. God help us, we use to go to bed with the doors unlocked and the windows open with just screens. I would be so afraid to leave the house with a gun in my purse, surely not!!!!!!! :o

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Theres nothing necessarily wrong with pepperspray, other then im the slightly paranoid type-there is a percentage (roughly 4%) of the population that is immune to pepperspray, and pepperspray has range limitations and doesnt do so well against a gun. Though, to be honest 4% is not a high number and chances are slim youll run into any of them. My wife does carry pepperspray with her most of the time, it is a good non-lethal means of self defense.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

im one of those that if you dont hit me in the eyes you will be a hurting with pepperspray. one can build a tolerance too that. ask any cop about that. they have to be sprayed and do their tactics to be able to use their oc spray.

that said... crowd control, if you present a promise to act on a failed compliance to an order you best deliver on that promise or be overan. that is why i believe Jesus struck the crowd when he said clear out.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I must admit skepticism on your answer, because I have never heard that explanation before. As far as Jesus cleansing the temple, yes he overturned tableand used a whip, BUT there is no actual mention of him hitting anyone or the whip being used ON someone.

What, do you think Jesus was just giving a whipping demonstration to entertain the people in the temple?

I've been hearing more and more about people getting their conceal and carry permit. My husband is wanting to sign us up for a CCW permit class. I believe everyone is afraid we will soon not be able to purchase a gun. We had a gun years ago and I talked my husband into getting rid of it. I would rather have just pepper spray. God help us, we use to go to bed with the doors unlocked and the windows open with just screens. I would be so afraid to leave the house with a gun in my purse, surely not!!!!!!! :o

Yeah I got an conceal and carry permit, I have a gun on my person 85% of the time.

Smith & Wesson, don't leave home without it.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I am a Christian and I have a gun. I am going to heaven.

I'm not a Christian, and I don't own a gun. I am not going to Heaven, unless the rules get changed. :)

Don't hold your breath for that one.

owning a gun or not owning a gun, nor your opinion of guns make you any more or less a christian. Accepting Jesus as your Lord and savior is what makes you a christian. :D

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'd be curious whether there is much of a difference between Christians and atheists in frequency of gun ownership. None of the atheists I know well owns a gun. That would be about seven individuals.

Where you live can make difference with this one.

Hmmm...how many Street Gang members are atheists?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I'd be curious whether there is much of a difference between Christians and atheists in frequency of gun ownership. None of the atheists I know well owns a gun. That would be about seven individuals.

Where you live can make difference with this one.

Hmmm...how many Street Gang members are atheists?

I don't know a single Christian in my real life who owns a gun. It's more of a culture thing, than it is a faith thing. Over here, Christians largely view the gun thing as stupid :). We had an American pastor come here and chide us for not carrying... he even carried during his sermon. He was boo'd out of the country by Christians and Atheists alike.

theres lots of sex on tv in america to, they just seem to think if they "cover" the most important parts its "ok" its disgusting really. And personally, I would have no problem with my pastor preaching from the pulpit with a gun at his site-I actually feel safer in an environment where a lot of people are carrying guns. To me, it means if some nutjob decides to come in and start shooting up the place, hes not going to get very far, because me and anyone else carrying are going to take our guns, and were gonna shoot back. Now granted, I think gun education should be increased, lot of idiots with guns out there, but to me, if the person next to me is carrying a gun, is safe with a gun and knows how to use it, I feel perfectly safe with it. and if hes an idiot, well I at least feel safe with the fact that Im carrying one, and I know I can handle one and handle one safely.

lol just watch tv, its there they just hide it a lot more. Just because their wearing a skinny two piece bikini, doesnt mean their not trying to sell sex. But thats off topic. And yes, I do trust Gods protection-but I also think God uses people to protect us sometimes, and that He also gives us tools to protect ourselves and others. Thats what a gun is-a tool, nothing more, nothing less. For example, if you have a job cleaning the outside of windows on a skyscraper, your going to carry the appropriate safety equipment-your going to have a scaffold, and your going to have a harness and lanyard to keep yourself from falling. Now, by your line of reasoning, if you use a rope and lanyard to prevent you from falling, then you dont trust in Gods protection-because after all, if you trust God to protect you, then you shouldnt need it, because if you slip and fall God will surely catch you before you fall 30 stories to your death. Now, the question is, can you? yes God can catch you and save you from falling to your death, however, He probably won't, nor does He promise to, so a wise man, takes that rope and harness with him, because that way if he slips and falls he doesn't fall to his death, thats just common sense. Accusing one of not having faith in God, simply because he or she chooses to carry a gun, is in my mind completly unfair, and flawed logic. Even Jesus, who knew that if he jumped off the highest point of the temple that His angels would save Him, didn't put the Lord to the test. Yes, God is often willing to protect us, but in todays modern world, Hes more likely to let circumstances and other people in this world, to protect us, more so then divine intervention. Do I trust in God? yes completly, but I also take what He said about fathers to be the protectors of their family very seriously, and that is why I carry a gun, and why I know how to handle one safely, so that if the moment comes that I have to use it to protect the lives of my family I can. Do I ever want to be in that situation? no, I plan on avoiding that situation at all costs, and pray it never happens, but I am prepared just in case it does.

And for the record, pastors dont need to wear a gun, I never said they needed to I said that I wouldnt have a problem with it. there is a difference there. In candices case, the pastor probably should have used some commen sense, if your trying to witness to a group of people, you dont walk in and do something you know will tick them off, at least not like that. If its something like challenging something their doing thats against everything Jesus stood for ya, but something like say, carrying a gun in an area where their not viewed as popular, well thats just not a smart move.