ministry of metal

Guest holy blood

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest holy blood

some of you people are not helping much you worry about the word death metal way to much. it's only a style of music get over it & moive on here's a list of some christian death metal bands. enctoptor, crimson thorn, sympathy, living sacrifice, pantokrator, royal anguish, vengeance, step cousin, deuteronomium, immortal souls, possession, final judgement, discarnated, just a small list of some christian death metal bands.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/14/1987

I dunno.....Seems to me that "Christian" and "death" are two terms that should never go together. Kind of like an oxymoron.

See previous statement that I will c/p for you :huh:.

*Points at all the people killed in the name of your god.

It's not any oxymoron at all, if anything it's very fitting.

Anyway, I hope you are successful with your band. It'd be neat if you could get some tracks or demo tracks up so that we could get a listen :huh:.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Seems to me that "Christian" and "death" are two terms that should never go together. Kind of like an oxymoron.

...I want to die and let You give

Your life to me that I might live...

~Keith Green~

"No Comromise"

Do I need to add the Scriptures this comes from? :huh:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Okay, how about "Christian Goth"? Is there a such thing as that? How about "Christian Vamipirism"? Can we have that too?

"Death Metal" is a genre of music that focusses on....what exactly? Life?

I'm not trying to be too critical here, so forgive me if this offends you. But I think the points made about this kind of title are pretty valid, and you should consider them. Being a part of the Lord's ministry is a very serious matter, and should not be taken lightly at all. Too many Christians enter into the Lord's ministry for the wrong reasons, and they never discover that that is not where the Lord is. He will hold you accountable for every soul under your care. Are you prepared for that, or is this something that you want to do because you like the music? Think about it.

Okay, how about "Christian Goth"? Is there a such thing as that? How about "Christian Vamipirism"? Can we have that too?

There probably isn't anything wrong with being gothic and a Christian. Being gothic doesn't mean satanist or anything. At this time it's just a style of dress and

a member of a Germanic people that overran the Roman Empire in the early centuries of the Christian era

However, I see where God-Man is coming from. Christianity focuses on life, how can there be death metal thats Christian :huh:.

Edited by Wix

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The seed must die so that the plant can live. . . .

:whistle:

The seed must die so that the plant can live. . . .

Thanks Lion King :huh:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I have a good friend who is very heavily into what she calls "Hardcore Christian" music. Zao, As I Lay Dying, Spoken, Dead Poetic, Hopesfall, Beloved, and mewithoutYou are some of her favorite bands.

The lyrics are amazing and uncompromising in truth, so I would definitely consider them to be a type of ministry.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  42

So I'm that friend Tessie was referring to.

There are just a few points to address:

-You'd be "called" into a ministry like death metal if you're into that kind of music with a passion. Most of the bands that I know wouldn't be able to play the kind of music they do (hardcore/metal) without have a passion for that style.

-Death Metal isn't so much a way of life as just a genre classification. That title refers to the sound of the music more so than the lifestyles of the musicians. To say that "Christian Death Metal" is wrong is just like saying "Christian Pop Music" is wrong. The only way it'd be wrong is if there were an absuse of the privileges granted to more popular artists, and their actions weren't lived out in a Christ-like manner.

-Christian Deat Metal isn't an oxymoron.

-

Focuses on death, suicide, etc... Listen to stuff like...

Slipknot

Korn (used to be anyway...)

Cryptopsy

Slayer

Every Time I Die

Hatebreed

Chimaira

Unearth

Walls of Jericho

Nora

That's only secular Death Metal. Most xian (my abbreviation for Christian because that words really long to type) hxc (hardcore) bands out there sing about finding hope despite all the world's crappiness. Bands like As I Lay Dying still talk about death, but they usually incorporate in the fact that with death, there comes the fact that one's with God again.

-Honestly, only do the "evangelism" aspect of the music if you seriously feel like that's what you're supposed to do. Otherwise, you'll just turn off a lot of kids. If you're gonna play in a metal band, just be sincere about your faith and don't shove anything down anyone's throat. So long as you're sincere, I'd say that God will have His way regardless. (Tess, I've never written anything cheesier than that last sentence...share that with anyone and I kick you).

-Some of the best lyrics out there are from bands like Hopesfall (only their first 2 albums), mewithoutYou, Living Sacrifice and Zao (first, second, and third albums). The way the singers write is in a way that doesn't have the Jesus-Count as some have titled it. The Jesus-Count being how many times the name Jesus is mentioned in a song in order to make it a Christian song. These bands hardly ever mention Christ or God...but the overtones and the lyrics are written in such a way that it's blatantly obvious that it's a "Christian" song.

If you want to be subversive about it...that's almost a better way of "winning souls" should you choose to. You'll also gain a lot of hardcore fans who are more into the underground scene, and don't actually want to listen to songs that say Jesus every 3 words.