• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

That's awesome. I think like anything just pray about it and let God take over. Eventually you will have a good idea if this is really something you wanna get into. Just make sure you're doing it to glorify God and not yourself... because you are living for an audience of one.

-Joel

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

i like  alot of rock hard  soft ect. but IMHO christian and  death dont go together

I think any style of music can be Christian as long as it's sung with a passion for God and the lyrics are right. Look at bands like Zao and As We Lay Dying... they have spent years making clean Christian music and they are considered two of the heaviest bands of all time. I think it's cool as long as it glorifies God and not the devil, black majic, worldly things, ect.

Guest Psalm27

I'm still stuck in the 80's heavy metal. I listen to alot of praise and worship music but just now and then I just gotta pop in some Def Leppard or Motley Crue or something. I sure wish there was a Christian band that sounded like Def Leppard. I love the passion and energy in heavy metal....actually, I find it romantic...

When you say Christian Death Metal...do mean something like Slayer or something? That stuff I can't stand....however I love Metallica. (Cliff Burton kissed me on the cheek during the Ride the Lightning tour... :huh: ) (I saw them when I was in high school, and also again on their first public performance with Jason Newsted at the country club in Reseda, Ca (this was kept secret).

The good thing would be, if you were to play some ....um..ahem...Christian "death" metal, maybe you could get some listeners to be saved and know Jesus..... kinda like I did with the help of Stryper.

Give glory to God in all you do. If your talent is music, use it to glorify God. Just don't become like alot of the musicians out there in the world.

:huh:

Candi

Edited by Psalm27

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/11/1978

What exactly is death metal? How do you distinguish it from other types of metal music?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, learning how to "hear the Lord" is a whole series of sermons and teachings. But off the top of my head, ask the Lord to reveal to you what He'd have you do - ask for signs or confirmations or closed and open doors.

But it's definantly a field of ministry not many are working in. Done right, it can be a great evangelistic tool to that group of people.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/14/1987

Christian Death Metal???

An oxymoron if I ever heard one.

John Buoy

*Points at all the people killed in the name of your god.

It's not any oxymoron at all, if anything it's very fitting.

When you say Christian Death Metal...do mean something like Slayer or something?

Mmm, Slayer The Antichrist. Slayers pretty good although I do detest the fact they're basically Neo Nazi's, but oh well.

What exactly is death metal? How do you distinguish it from other types of metal music?

Focuses on death, suicide, etc... Listen to stuff like...

Slipknot

Korn (used to be anyway...)

Cryptopsy

Slayer

Every Time I Die

Hatebreed

Chimaira

Unearth

Walls of Jericho

Nora

The music is good and the instrumental is usually really sweet (Cryptopsy has amazing guitarist).

Done right, it can be a great evangelistic tool to that group of people.

I listen to Underoath and have no intention of becoming Christian right now. So I wouldn't really say that. If it's good people will like it and the band call themselves a Christian band, but you'll still have moshes at the concert, stoners, and the like who listen and don't give a damn about the message.