• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Okay, how about "Christian Goth"? Is there a such thing as that? How about "Christian Vamipirism"? Can we have that too?

"Death Metal" is a genre of music that focusses on....what exactly? Life?

I'm not trying to be too critical here, so forgive me if this offends you. But I think the points made about this kind of title are pretty valid, and you should consider them. Being a part of the Lord's ministry is a very serious matter, and should not be taken lightly at all. Too many Christians enter into the Lord's ministry for the wrong reasons, and they never discover that that is not where the Lord is. He will hold you accountable for every soul under your care. Are you prepared for that, or is this something that you want to do because you like the music? Think about it.

:laugh::rofl::rofl: Good on ya God-man!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

I'm still stuck in the 80's  heavy metal.  I listen to alot of praise and worship music but just now and then I just gotta pop in some Def Leppard or Motley Crue or something.  I sure wish there was a Christian band that sounded like Def Leppard.  I love the passion and energy in heavy metal....actually, I find it romantic...

When you say Christian Death Metal...do mean something like Slayer or something?  That stuff I can't stand....however I love Metallica.  (Cliff Burton kissed me on the cheek during the Ride the Lightning tour... :rofl: ) (I saw them when I was in high school, and also again on their first public performance with Jason Newsted at the country club in Reseda, Ca (this was kept secret). 

The good thing would be, if you were to play some ....um..ahem...Christian "death" metal, maybe you could get some listeners to be saved and know Jesus..... kinda like I did with the help of Stryper. 

Give glory to God in all you do.  If your talent is music, use it to glorify God.  Just don't become like alot of the musicians out there in the world. 

:rofl:

Candi

Stryper :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

Not every thing that carries the Christian label is Christian :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

-You'd be "called" into a ministry like death metal if you're into that kind of music with a passion. Most of the bands that I know wouldn't be able to play the kind of music they do (hardcore/metal) without have a passion for that style.

Okay. So it

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Not every thing that carries the Christian label is Christian :laugh:

Oi...a statement about that isn't even about metal anymore then. What are you going to define as "Christian"?

If it's something that God would condone...I see absolutely no evidence for Him not doing so.

If it's something that holds evangelistic capabilities...it does.

If it's something that all Christians everywhere would support...then nothing's Christian at all.

If it's about connotations that hardcore is evil...get over it. Because connotations only hold surface value. The reality of the hardcore scene is that it isn't evil, and that there are devoted members to the faith playing that kind of music.

I can only agree with your statement in the sense that SOME bands who claim to be a Christian band aren't. But again, that goes beyond just metal, and into the ever-perpetual debate about between "Christians in a band vs. a band with Christian members".

Little clarification, please?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

As I stated before, joining oneself with the Lord
Edited by Eternally Striving