nebula

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

Recently, in another suit, it was stated that all groups in college that receive funds must accept any person willing to join the group; i.e. Christians must accept muslims. Hence it seems only logical that the same law appiles to the college and that it must accept members that are not of the same ideology. You can't have it both ways.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

the university didn't have a problem accepting her, it's just having a problem with giving her a degree.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,272
  • Content Per Day:  4.87
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Recently, in another suit, it was stated that all groups in college that receive funds must accept any person willing to join the group; i.e. Christians must accept muslims. Hence it seems only logical that the same law appiles to the college and that it must accept members that are not of the same ideology. You can't have it both ways.

If we are talking about a private college, as repulsive as what they did is, they have every right to do so. I am opposed to all the endless anti-descrimination lawsuits. I just think she should transfer to another college. Even if she could somehow force them to back down through the courts, she knows what a bunch of left-wing nut jobs they are, and she isn't going to receive much of an education there.

I think I agree. Transfer to another university. Continue with the law suit, but go somewhere else to get your degree. It is a Masters degree, anyway. Then you can get out there and do what you want to do.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Liberal universities love to have conservatives in their class so they can gradually wear them down and convert them. They use the threat of bad grades and intimidation. What they don't like are people that hold to their convictions and won't back down.

Colleges must have changed since I went to school then (of course that WAS the University of Bedrock!).....debate and free thought were the order of the day, every day. I never had a leftist professor try to change my opinions.....not even the one I accused of being a Communist in front of everyone. He was very angry though. :laugh:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I never had a leftist professor try to change my opinions.....

Lucky you!

I had a Bible professor at my Christian liberal arts college who even told us point blank his intent was to tear down our faith (which he was convinced was our parents' faith and not our own) so that we could rebuild our own.

Keep in mind that the first day of class he told us the Bible isn't the word of God :o (The "the original word was God's, but since then it's been re-written many times by man" argument) and that Proverbs is nothing more than a set of principles that should but do not always work.

......I had a Bible professor at my Christian liberal arts college who even told us point blank his intent was to tear down our faith (which he was convinced was our parents' faith and not our own) so that we could rebuild our own.

Keep in mind that the first day of class he told us the Bible isn't the word of God :o (The "the original word was God's, but since then it's been re-written many times by man" argument) and that Proverbs is nothing more than a set of principles that should but do not always work....

Well....

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7

Sometimes With Me, The Bigger The Head

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. Proverbs 6:16-19

The Bigger The Mouth

The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall. Proverbs 10:8

But Believer's

Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud. Proverbs 16:19

Know Better

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 16:25

>>>>>()<<<<<

I Wonder What It Was He Saw In Proverbs

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Proverbs 3:5-8

That Caused Him So Much Hate And Fear

As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him. Proverbs 26:11-12

One Late Night Years Ago This One Flipped Me Onto My Knees, Hummmmm......

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:thumbsup: Joe!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Lucky you!

I had a Bible professor at my Christian liberal arts college who even told us point blank his intent was to tear down our faith (which he was convinced was our parents' faith and not our own) so that we could rebuild our own.

Keep in mind that the first day of class he told us the Bible isn't the word of God :o (The "the original word was God's, but since then it's been re-written many times by man" argument) and that Proverbs is nothing more than a set of principles that should but do not always work.

Neb, that is just AWFUL! If I had been in that class I would've screamed 'heretic' instead of 'Communist' and waited for the games to begin. I just love confrontation when I'm convinced I'm right. :)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I hope she wins the court case.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,272
  • Content Per Day:  4.87
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Lucky you!

This is why we have so much heresy and apostasy in the Church today.