• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Some time ago, I posted about dangerous prayers - one of them being, "Break my heart, Lord, with the things that break Yours."

I was a bit surprised at some of the responses I got concerning this prayer, how some people had a sweet, romantic view of what this means.

Do people not realize that a broken heart hurts?

Do they not realize that to have their hearts broken with God's heart, they too will feel pain?

And do we not realized just how much God is love-sick for His bride?

And that He too knows the heart-break of rejection and betrayal?

When we think of our hearts breaking with God's, do we not think of these things?

:noidea:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Some time ago, I posted about dangerous prayers - one of them being, "Break my heart, Lord, with the things that break Yours."

I was a bit surprised at some of the responses I got concerning this prayer, how some people had a sweet, romantic view of what this means.

Do people not realize that a broken heart hurts?

Do they not realize that to have their hearts broken with God's heart, they too will feel pain?

And do we not realized just how much God is love-sick for His bride?

And that He too knows the heart-break of rejection and betrayal?

When we think of our hearts breaking with God's, do we not think of these things?

:noidea:

Sis,

I understand completely and I've prayed that prayer myself and seen exactly what you're talking about.

Much Love dear sister. :wub:

peace,

dave

.... Some time ago, I posted about dangerous prayers - one of them being, "Break my heart, Lord, with the things that break Yours."....

Yes

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Mine Is "Give Me A Heart After Your Heart LORD"

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Luke 6:35-38

And He Indeed Breaks My Heart For The Lost Of This World

And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick. Matthew 14:14

And For My Sins Before His Holy Face

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. Isaiah 6:5

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

Yes nebula, I think a lot of us have habits in our prayers that perhaps we don't have completely thought out. One of mine was to end with "even so your will - not mine." It sounded a lot different one day after praying on a life or death matter for a family member. Kinda sent chills through me then, and I don't say that prayer without thinking anymore.

A Disciple

Just curious...what would make you pray for such a thing in the first place?

To know the Lord better.

To love as He loves.

To be more like Him.

To love Him more.

Stuff like that.

Mine Is "Give Me A Heart After Your Heart LORD"

That's a good idea!

So you think God wants us to feel his pain?

You don't think the Bridegroom wants His bride to share in His heart?

Does scripture exhort us to attempt do so?

I read in Scripture many men of God agonizing over the things that grieve the Lord's heart.

Is this something a loving father would want for his children?

Well, it would be interesting to hear this perspective from a man who is actually a father.

But I do know that it is not the Lord's goal to spare us from pain, but to use pain to purify and refine us.

God wants us to do his will. This is what Christ told us to pray for via the Lord's prayer.

And what is His will?

Is it not to love? Him first and others second?

What is loving the Lord to you? Does not love share in the joys and sorrows of one loved?

He also wants us to spread the Gospel and live our lives as an example of being a child of God. This we are also told in scripture.

Does one negate the other?

A lot of us learned Psalm 100 at a very young age. I always believed it is how God wants us to worship and approach him and and how he wants to feel about his love for us and ours for him.

Psalm 100

1Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.

2Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

3Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

5For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Would you please explain how you interpret "how he wants to feel about his love for us and ours for him" through this psalm? Thanks!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Neb :emot-hug: it's a beautiful prayer but a 'dangerous' one too. I don't think the Lord would fully answer that prayer because the weight of the burden of love would crush us, perhaps we would become so wrapped up in the pain that we would be unable to serve from underneath it.

But I do believe He allows us to see just how far our heart and desire is from His heart and desire, and also glimpse those things that break His heart.

Getting to know God, means knowing what He delights in as well as what saddens Him.

Just curious...what would make you pray for such a thing in the first place?

Good Question

And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Acts 13:22

Love Is The Child's Response

These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. John 15:11-14

To Their Daddy Above

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

And To Sinners

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Too

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44

And With Some, I Just Can't Do It Without The Master's Daily Touch Upon My Heart

Amen!

But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience. Titus 2:1-2

>>>>>()<<<<<

Good verses Joe. None of those exhort us to ask God to allow us to feel HIS pain. The verse from John 15 you posted even says "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

Yes

You Are Correct. We Are Our Daddy's Child

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:1-2

And Again You Are Correct. Although He Lives Within Us, We Are Not God

He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:30

Dear Sister My Prayer Is A Long Standing (30+ Years) And An Intensely Personal One

And Not One I Would Put Upon Another Or Even Share

Except Among Trusted Family

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

And It Has Nothing To Do With Equality With God (Satan's Desire)

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. Isaiah 6:5

But With Becoming A Truly Humble Servant Of God

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Matthew 5:8

And With Brother's Like Me That Requires

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Matthew 16:24

A Daily Heart Check

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. Galatians 6:14

>>>>>()<<<<<

Br Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:23-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1