testing and panic attacks

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I suffer from some mild anxiety, though nothing like what you're going through, thank the Lord. Wow, stay strong, sister. You're in my prayers.

J.J. Heller wrote a beautiful song about her struggles with panic attacks and anxiety and God's place in all that. It's called "Your Hands."

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,008
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  235
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

That was beautiful ... thank you :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

Dear one,

Please don't feel shame for needing help. God is the Great Physician. He can and does utterly heal some of whatever afflictions plague them. There's no doubt about that. HOWEVER, He does not ALWAYS choose to heal us. Paul had an affliction that God did not heal him of.

So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud. Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said,

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Bless you. :wub:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I am going through a very difficult time with anxiety lately. I am having up to 3 full blown panic attacks a day, am sick to my stomach and can't eat, can't sleep and am physically and mentally exhausted. I am wondering how long I should tolerate these symptoms before getting medical help. I mean, I really want to fight these emotions and this anxiety but it is absolutely crippling at times. I don't know what to do. I feel so sick. I will fight this for as long as I can without medication but it's getting so bad. It has to stop, right? I mean, the anxiety cannot last forever, can it? Would it be wrong to take medicine for something like this? I want the Lord to deliver me. I want him to show me how to pass this test. I want to pass this test. I feel like if I get help, I will have failed and done all this in vain. Please help me.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2

hi ..i am new to this site..and this is my first response note..but your story touches my heart so much. I wish to comfort you..so precious you are! I understand where you are coming from for i also suffer with panic attacks. I take clonezepan just a couple mgs prescribed by my doctor and it really really helps..I hope that this will also help you. I have insomnia too and really have had a rough time down on my face on the floor pleading with God in the past trying to figure all this out. All i know is that God loves me and that he has given me a fine lady dr. to try to help me through all this. I will pray for you because whether i know your name or not...God does and He sees you and is holding you. It has nothing to do with emotions or feelings...You are His child and He IS HOLDING YOU ...love, not an island

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Thank you. :wub:

• 3 months later...
Guest Lesliehdz

Stay strong. I started getting panic/ anxiety attacks in August '10.,I had no idea what they were. I went to the hospital thinking I was dying. I was diagnosed with panic / anxiety. I then started getting them 5 -7 times a day full blown. Every day I thought I was going to die. I fell into depression. I prayed alot and soon my attacks started to get less frequent and severe. But I still get them. Its tough but just keep strong with god. I am seeing a therapist too. And it helps. I will pray for you. I know how lonely I felt. No one I kno gets attacks