i'm so scared....please help

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Is it okay to see a therapist? I mean, she's a Christian therapist but she wants to talk about my childhood and me. I think that's selfish for me to talk about stuff like that and I don't want to dishonor my parents. She made me feel much better after talking to her. Should I keep going? Is this the right way out of this?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/25/1963

Is it okay to see a therapist? I mean, she's a Christian therapist but she wants to talk about my childhood and me. I think that's selfish for me to talk about stuff like that and I don't want to dishonor my parents. She made me feel much better after talking to her. Should I keep going? Is this the right way out of this?

If you have found a good christian therapist then definitely keep seeing her. You are not dishonoring your parents by going to see her and talking about your childhood because you are not talking about your childhood to run your parents down or to blame them for anything but to see if there may be a problem there that might be the cause of what is happening to you. If she is helping then that is good. Sometimes we just need a bit of help to deal with things in our lives and there is nothing wrong with seeking it when we need it :emot-hug:

I know that I'm very weak and vulnerable right now and I don't want to make the wrong decision or get caught up on stuff that isn't Christlike. I think God wants me to heal whatever this fear is that lingers over me. I just have to be very careful not to dishonor Him or my parents in this process. My parents are very dear to me. Like all parents, they made some mistakes. But that is not their fault and I do not blame them for anything that happened. I don't want to blame them. They taught me everything I know about God.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,028
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  236
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

I know that I'm very weak and vulnerable right now and I don't want to make the wrong decision or get caught up on stuff that isn't Christlike. I think God wants me to heal whatever this fear is that lingers over me. I just have to be very careful not to dishonor Him or my parents in this process. My parents are very dear to me. Like all parents, they made some mistakes. But that is not their fault and I do not blame them for anything that happened. I don't want to blame them. They taught me everything I know about God.

You are NOT dishonouring your parents by talking about things from your past ... my children are all grown up now and we have a healthy enough relationship that they can say " when we were young and you did xxxxx it made us feel xxxxx " I can then tell them why I did it or even just apologise for things just as they can thank me for things I did that they hated at the time but can now appreciate, It is a fact that apart from God there are NO perfect parents just as there are No perfect children :thumbsup:

Praying for you and knowing that your experiences now are likely to make you a powerful warrior for God in a few years time :emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-hug::emot-hug:

There is some deep embedded pain underlying all this fear I think. And I think that fear is about to be revealed to me. The pain isn't necessarily about my childhood. I love my parents deeply. There is no doubt in my mind that they did their best at parenting. And they did an awesome job. I am SO blessed for them. Everybody makes mistakes, including myself. I am not the perfect parent either. Like you said, only Abba Father is perfect. I believe God is showing me where I need to face my fear and will allow the healing to begin. He wants me to know that I am safe and I don't have to be afraid anymore. But I have to deal with whatever this pain is. I don't want to become so involved in myself though. I don't want to take my eyes off God and focus on myself and my healing. I want to focus on God all the time. But you say it's okay to focus on myself? I don't want to dishonor the Father even if it makes me heal. I know he wants me to handle this but I'm not sure how to handle this without talking about myself. Does that make any sense?

I slept like a baby last night! Praise God!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/25/1963

I slept like a baby last night! Praise God!

I am glad you slept so well last night. Praise God. :emot-highfive: God is placing people in your life, such as this counselor, so you don't have to deal with it alone. Dealing with the problem of this fear is not becoming involved in yourself. To me becoming involved in yourself is becoming prideful and thinking your all that and the best. You definitiley are NOT doing that. You are dealing with a problem and part of that is going over things in your life, past and present, that may have caused the problem to start. This is not being into yourself but it is just examining your life to find the origin of this fear - nothing more. it may even be something that at the time seemed so innnocent that let the fear in. For example I have always been scared of spiders. I could never work out why as I never had any bad experience with them that could account for it. A few years ago I found out that, when I was a toddler, dad used to pretend he had a spider in his hands and chase me round with it. It was an innocent game, with no intention by dad to scare me, but it left a fear on me that I am still dealing with. Praying for you :emot-hug:

Edited by Nyoka