MorningGlory

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

If all Muslims are terrorists, than I would agree with the premise of this thread. That is not the case. The Mosque is not being built by the dead souls of the 9/11 Hijackers. If extremists were the norm in Islam, then any government policy that benefited Muslims would be very counterproductive. For example, rebuilding Iraq and Afghanistan would be absolutely pointless if Muslims were hell bent on destroying Christianity and were all Wahabi. They would simply use those areas as a launching ground for terrorist attacks on America.

Muslims are people, human beings in fact, and I don't think that people seem to remember that all the time for some reason, or at least certainly don't act like it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

If all Muslims are terrorists, than I would agree with the premise of this thread. That is not the case. The Mosque is not being built by the dead souls of the 9/11 Hijackers. If extremists were the norm in Islam, then any government policy that benefited Muslims would be very counterproductive. For example, rebuilding Iraq and Afghanistan would be absolutely pointless if Muslims were hell bent on destroying Christianity and were all Wahabi. They would simply use those areas as a launching ground for terrorist attacks on America.

Muslims are people, human beings in fact, and I don't think that people seem to remember that all the time for some reason, or at least certainly don't act like it.

I certainly agree that Muslims are human beings and that all Muslims are not terrorists. However, I do believe that this proposed mosque is at the very least ill conceived and at worst is a direct, deliberate slap in the faces of everyone who lost someone on 9/11. There are mosques all over this country. Why on earth would any rational person think putting a new one practically on top of Ground Zero would be anything BUT controversial? I am a proud American. I know very well that this country was founded upon the idea of freedom for all. I would argue with anyone who tried to stop the building of a mosque or any other worship center for any other religion merely on the basis of prejudice or bigotry. But I can see no reason why this center cannot be built elsewhere. Even if those who originally came up with the idea never once considered that people might be offended by their plan (which frankly seems impossible) the public outrage should be enough to spur them to seek a new location. That is if they are truly interested in fostering a sense of understanding and respect. I see no hint of that, though. I find their utter lack of respect for the lives lost and the feelings of those who lost loved ones offensive.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

I certainly agree that Muslims are human beings and that all Muslims are not terrorists. However, I do believe that this proposed mosque is at the very least ill conceived and at worst is a direct, deliberate slap in the faces of everyone who lost someone on 9/11. There are mosques all over this country. Why on earth would any rational person think putting a new one practically on top of Ground Zero would be anything BUT controversial? I am a proud American. I know very well that this country was founded upon the idea of freedom for all. I would argue with anyone who tried to stop the building of a mosque or any other worship center for any other religion merely on the basis of prejudice or bigotry. But I can see no reason why this center cannot be built elsewhere. Even if those who originally came up with the idea never once considered that people might be offended by their plan (which frankly seems impossible) the public outrage should be enough to spur them to seek a new location. That is if they are truly interested in fostering a sense of understanding and respect. I see no hint of that, though. I find their utter lack of respect for the lives lost and the feelings of those who lost loved ones offensive.

There is already a Mosque four blocks from ground zero that has been there for 40 years. Why is it a slap in the face, if Muslims in general are not terrorists? A new mosque being built Two blocks away is only a slap in the face if somehow Muslims in general are responsible for 9/11, or have some kind of implied guilt for it, or it was built by people who sympathize with Al-Queda, or something. That is simply not the case.

Those Muslims building that center at the old Burlington Coat factory are doing more to foster respect and understanding than anyone opposing it. If people opposing the mosque being built at that location were interested in fostering such, they would realize that it's only offensive if those Muslims building it somehow have some kind of guilt for that. That simply isn't the case though. Muslims died in the 9/11 attacks as well, and there were Muslims who were first responders on 9/11 who are proud Americans. They don't have to be ashamed that people who hold no love for terrorism, much like themselves are building a Mosque, no matter the location.

Guest shiloh357
A new mosque being built Two blocks away is only a slap in the face if somehow Muslims in general are responsible for 9/11, or have some kind of implied guilt for it, or it was built by people who sympathize with Al-Queda, or something. That is simply not the case.
That is simply not true. It is a slap in the face because it will be viewed by the extremists as a victory mosque and a tribute to what the terrorists did on 9/11.

Those Muslims building that center at the old Burlington Coat factory are doing more to foster respect and understanding than anyone opposing it.
That is false. If the purpose of building the mosque were to foster respect, the location would not make any difference to them and they would respect the feelings of the 9/11 families and simply move the location of the mosque elsewhere and the entire problem would be instantly diffused. As stated earlier, that building is being used as a mosque and has been for sometime has not engendered any outcry, so to claim that the opposition is not practicing tolerance and respect/understanding is false.

If people opposing the mosque being built at that location were interested in fostering such, they would realize that it's only offensive if those Muslims building it somehow have some kind of guilt for that.

Wrong again. You are erecting false premises. The 9/11 families are not blaiming all of Islam or every Muslim for what happened and are not holding all Muslims as guilty. The opposition to the mosque is based on what it represents and 70% of America agrees with them. It would be like allowing Japan to erect a shrine next to the sunken USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor.

That simply isn't the case though. Muslims died in the 9/11 attacks as well, and there were Muslims who were first responders on 9/11 who are proud Americans. They don't have to be ashamed that people who hold no love for terrorism, much like themselves are building a Mosque, no matter the location.
The problem here is that you are interpreting opposition to the mosque as an oppoistion to Islam itself and that is not the case. We have some 1,200 mosques in the US that have gone up and operate in peaceful coexistence with the overall American populace. No one is saying that the mosque cannot be built, or that Muslims don't have a right to building it on that site at the Burlington Coat Factory. We are simply registering our displeasure at the choice of locations and are asking/demanding that it be relocated.

That is in no way holding all Muslims responsible for 9/11 and one would have to be a rather mentally slow on the uptake to make this into an issue of hating all Muslims.

Guest shiloh357

Care to explain why opposing this particular location for the mosque is dehumanizing to Muslims? And while you are at it, please address the issue of why Palestinians are being educated to believe that Jews are descended from apes and pigs and why people like you are silent when others are on the receiving end of such dehumanizing activities.

MEMRI TV CLIPS

IMRA article

Muslim Clerics: The Jews Are the Descendants of Apes, Pigs, And Other Animals

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Of course they're people and, as far as I know, have not been persecuted in the United States. They live here in freedom the same as everyone else. However, if you believe that islam is a benign religion, you need to educate yourself as to their agenda. Read the Qu'ran, read about Sha'ria law; know what you're talking about before you defend them. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are not FOR islam; they are retaliatory. Regardless of what our government says, those wars were started to kill radical muslims and to disrupt their growing threat to the U.S. It's not PC to say that but.....the truth is what it is. The overwhelming majority of Americans don't want that mosque built in that location and OUR opinions are what matters here.

There is already a Mosque four blocks from ground zero that has been there for 40 years. Why is it a slap in the face, if Muslims in general are not terrorists? A new mosque being built Two blocks away is only a slap in the face if somehow Muslims in general are responsible for 9/11, or have some kind of implied guilt for it, or it was built by people who sympathize with Al-Queda, or something. That is simply not the case.

Those Muslims building that center at the old Burlington Coat factory are doing more to foster respect and understanding than anyone opposing it. If people opposing the mosque being built at that location were interested in fostering such, they would realize that it's only offensive if those Muslims building it somehow have some kind of guilt for that. That simply isn't the case though. Muslims died in the 9/11 attacks as well, and there were Muslims who were first responders on 9/11 who are proud Americans. They don't have to be ashamed that people who hold no love for terrorism, much like themselves are building a Mosque, no matter the location.

Building that mosque, in that location, does NOTHING to 'foster understanding and respect' between muslims and the rest of the country. People are furious, they are becoming less tolerant of islam in fact. This Imam has actually said that Sha'ria law and the U.S. Constitution are compliant with each other. Only a total moron who is clueless about islam would believe that. Part of the islamic agenda is to lie to nonbelievers to spread islam by stealth and this Imam, Rauf, is doing exactly that.

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

All Muslims may not be terrorists (because they don't actually follow what is commanded in the Quran about subjugating the whole world under Islam) but it sure seems that all terrorists are Muslims.

All Muslims may not be terrorists (because they don't actually follow what is commanded in the Quran about subjugating the whole world under Islam) but it sure seems that all terrorists are Muslims.

About 95%, yes. :emot-nod:

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

A new mosque being built Two blocks away is only a slap in the face if somehow Muslims in general are responsible for 9/11, or have some kind of implied guilt for it, or it was built by people who sympathize with Al-Queda, or something. That is simply not the case.
That is simply not true. It is a slap in the face because it will be viewed by the extremists as a victory mosque and a tribute to what the terrorists did on 9/11.

Those Muslims building that center at the old Burlington Coat factory are doing more to foster respect and understanding than anyone opposing it.
That is false. If the purpose of building the mosque were to foster respect, the location would not make any difference to them and they would respect the feelings of the 9/11 families and simply move the location of the mosque elsewhere and the entire problem would be instantly diffused. As stated earlier, that building is being used as a mosque and has been for sometime has not engendered any outcry, so to claim that the opposition is not practicing tolerance and respect/understanding is false.

If people opposing the mosque being built at that location were interested in fostering such, they would realize that it's only offensive if those Muslims building it somehow have some kind of guilt for that.

Wrong again. You are erecting false premises. The 9/11 families are not blaiming all of Islam or every Muslim for what happened and are not holding all Muslims as guilty. The opposition to the mosque is based on what it represents and 70% of America agrees with them. It would be like allowing Japan to erect a shrine next to the sunken USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor.

That simply isn't the case though. Muslims died in the 9/11 attacks as well, and there were Muslims who were first responders on 9/11 who are proud Americans. They don't have to be ashamed that people who hold no love for terrorism, much like themselves are building a Mosque, no matter the location.
The problem here is that you are interpreting opposition to the mosque as an oppoistion to Islam itself and that is not the case. We have some 1,200 mosques in the US that have gone up and operate in peaceful coexistence with the overall American populace. No one is saying that the mosque cannot be built, or that Muslims don't have a right to building it on that site at the Burlington Coat Factory. We are simply registering our displeasure at the choice of locations and are asking/demanding that it be relocated.

That is in no way holding all Muslims responsible for 9/11 and one would have to be a rather mentally slow on the uptake to make this into an issue of hating all Muslims.

:thumbsup: