MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

This article really made me think this morning....we, as Americans are supposed to be tolerant and respectul of beliefs and cultures outside of our own, and I am all for that. I've never read anything in the Bible or the Constitution however that calls on us to be stupid. This proposed mosque is flat out disrespectful of Americans and especially those whose loved ones and friends were MURDERED on that site and, in some cases, still rest there since some were never found. :huh:

http://news.yahoo.co...ca_the_tolerant

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

MG, I certainly see your point. I think this nation has been very tolerant of much of the whole world since it's inception.... If Islam was just another religion I would be preaching tolerance to them. The constitution demands it. However in my personal studies of Islam, it is quite obvious to me that Islam is not just a "religion" it is a theocratic form of government and if let run, it's goal is to assimilate everything into it's control.

I do not believe that Islam and a Republic can exist in the same space for any long period of time. The constitution demands that we protect ourselves from forces such as Islam that would trample our system underfoot and render the general population substandard citizens unless we were assimilated, and dead if we didn't submit ourselves to it's power.

The constitution demands that we protect ourselves from this menace to our liberties.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/b/2008/09/22/bill-would-ban-sharia-law-and-advocates-from-us.htm

At least some of our legislators understand. Unfortunately the bill is still in committee.

I don't ever want to give anyone an excuse to begin to say we can't build Christian churches. What can be done to one group can be done to another. Sometimes we have to look beyond just the now.

BTW..the mosque will not even be visible from the world trade center site.

It is two blocks from where the towers stood and will be five stories tall; in fact, the roof of the existing building was hit by the landing gear of one of the planes that destroyed the towers. Building it there is akin to letting a murderer build a house overlooking his victim's grave and isn't on par with building churches at all. It is disrespectful, intolerant and inflammatory to build it there. IMO, if it's built it will cause major conflict; much as building the Al Aqsa mosque has in Jerusalem. Let no one have any doubt that the muslims are planting their flag where they consider they were victorious. (Btw, the church that was severely damaged on 9/11, in that same area, STILL hasn't been given the city's permission to rebuild.)

See here...

http://www.elpasotim...rld/ci_15796108

MG, I certainly see your point. I think this nation has been very tolerant of much of the whole world since it's inception.... If Islam was just another religion I would be preaching tolerance to them. The constitution demands it. However in my personal studies of Islam, it is quite obvious to me that Islam is not just a "religion" it is a theocratic form of government and if let run, it's goal is to assimilate everything into it's control.

I do not believe that Islam and a Republic can exist in the same space for any long period of time. The constitution demands that we protect ourselves from forces such as Islam that would trample our system underfoot and render the general population substandard citizens unless we were assimilated, and dead if we didn't submit ourselves to it's power.

The constitution demands that we protect ourselves from this menace to our liberties.

http://usgovinfo.abo...tes-from-us.htm

At least some of our legislators understand. Unfortunately the bill is still in committee.

Yes, that's the thing. Islam isn't a religion; it's a geopolitical movement whose goal is world domination. Why are we stupid enough to hand them a victory? There isn't room for two governments in any country. :huh:

Guest shiloh357

I don't ever want to give anyone an excuse to begin to say we can't build Christian churches. What can be done to one group can be done to another. Sometimes we have to look beyond just the now.

BTW..the mosque will not even be visible from the world trade center site.

That is plainly ridiculous. We have some 1,200 mosques in the US. This is not a prohibition of building the mosque; rather, it is a demand that they build it elsewhere.

A thinking person can make the distinction between telling some they cannot build a mosque and telling them to build it elsewhere, which all that most Americans are saying.

This mosque is the first of a franchise of several "Cordova Houses" planned by this Imam for the US. Cordova was conqured by Muslims and the Christians were slaughtered and the Iberian Penninsula and North Africa were ruled by the Caliphate of Cordova from 929 - 1031 AD.

The Muslim victory over the Christians in Spain is being linked to the tragedy of 9/11. Every Cordova House is going to be symbolic of a future Muslim conquest of America. Mosques, in Muslim culture are not just houses of worship. It is also a statement that the property upon which it sits is eternal Muslim Land.

I would also add that while the governmnet elite of this country support this 9/11 mosque and preparations are being made without hinderance for its construction, St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, which was destroyed on 9/11 by a collapsing building has been trying for eight years to rebuild and New York City refuses to grant them permission to rebuild, but yet fully supports the construction of the mosque.

So, your silly notion that not letting them build the mosque so close to Ground Zero because it might keep us from building Christian Churches is a nonstarter. Mosque or no, St Nicholas won't get rebuilt on the location it was destroyed.

Guest shiloh357

This article really made me think this morning....we, as Americans are supposed to be tolerant and respectul of beliefs and cultures outside of our own, and I am all for that. I've never read anything in the Bible or the Constitution however that calls on us to be stupid. This proposed mosque is flat out disrespectful of Americans and especially those whose loved ones and friends were MURDERED on that site and, in some cases, still rest there since some were never found. :huh:

http://news.yahoo.co...ca_the_tolerant

Tolerance is a two-way street. No one is prohibiting the building of this mosque, they just want it built elsewhere. The Imam and the Muslims who support this mosque, if their goal is to promote mutual tolerance and understanding, should be willing to move to a different location. In Islam, though, tolerance is a one-way street and they see no need to "tolerate" the infidel (nonbeliever).

The very fact that they initially chose to name this mosque/community center "Cordova House" as symbolic of Muslim brutality and slaughter of Christians and Islamic rule of the near east, would seem to also betray any notion that they are interested in tolerance.

By the way, the whole "tolerance" aspect of the mosque/community center was not the original purpose for building it. The builders of the mosque originally went through poltical channels and only mentioned tolerance and understanding when there was an outcry from the mainstream Amerian public in New York and eventually all over the country. He used that as a smokescreen and an attempt to quiet opposition to the mosque.

The Imam did not first meet with the 9/11 families to find out what they thought and he made no attempt to find common ground or seek to erect something that would not offend them. He did not and still does not care what the American public thinks on this and plans to build the mosque in defiance of mutual tolerance and understanding are still underway.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

It's funny, the host of Fox's "Red Eye" said he was going to open a gay bar across the street from the Cordoba mosque that will cater to gay muslims, and muslim authorities said he was being INSENSITIVE to muslims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: "You are free to open whatever you like. If you won't consider the sensibilities of Muslims, you are not going to build dialogue."

full story here

It's funny, the host of Fox's "Red Eye" said he was going to open a gay bar across the street from the Cordoba mosque that will cater to gay muslims, and muslim authorities said he was being INSENSITIVE to muslims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: "You are free to open whatever you like. If you won't consider the sensibilities of Muslims, you are not going to build dialogue."

full story here

Oh no! The sheer effrontery of these muslims boggles the mind. They should not be surprised by things that happen because of their attitude. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Oh no! The sheer effrontery of these muslims boggles the mind.

They talk out of both sides of their mouths. They say the whole purpose in building this mosque is to "build bridges" between faiths, yet they could care less about the sensitivities of the families and friends of those that died on 911, and almost 70% of the rest of America, yet bemoan about the sensitivities of muslims in regard to this gay bar! :foot-stomp:

Oh no! The sheer effrontery of these muslims boggles the mind.

They talk out of both sides of their mouths. They say the whole purpose in building this mosque is to "build bridges" between faiths, yet they could care less about the sensitivities of the families and friends of those that died on 911, and almost 70% of the rest of America, yet bemoan about the sensitivities of muslims in regard to this gay bar! :foot-stomp:

It's because they don't believe anyone but muslims have any rights (and that just means the men) or should even be allowed to live. They are the biggest threat to the world today and the sooner nonmuslims understand that, the better.