WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,314
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Evangelist Franklin Graham suggested that President Barack Obama has close ties to Islam, and stated emphatically that the president was "born" Muslim.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/newsmax-com-InsideCover-franklin-graham-barack-obama-born-muslin-john-king-mosque-ground-zero-2010-08-20-id-368052/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Amen Franklin, Amen.

The most important thing he said was this;

Well, you know, you can be born a Muslim. You can be born a Jew. But you can't be born a Christian. The only way you can become a Christian is by confessing your sins to God, asking his forgiveness and by receiving Jesus Christ by faith into your heart. ...

King then asked Graham if the president "should be more demonstrable, more open about his faith?"

Graham said the president should make his own choice about how he professes his faith, but took issue with Obama's involvement in the Rev. Jeremiah Wright's Church in Chicago before becoming president.

"I wish the president over the years have had a chance to be involved in a real strong bible-teaching church. I don't think Reverend Jeremiah's church was a place where he got all grounded in God's word. It would have been better for him to you know, get into a good evangelical church."

:emot-highfive::emot-handshake::wub:

He contrasted the Way , the Truth, and the Life with Obama's foundation and the lies preached in Rev. Wrights church. :thumbsup:

He also commented on the Mosque issue in New York and declared that the Muslims in this instnace are being insensitive. Not that they don't have the right to worship and build mosques though. Amen and Amen Franklin. :emot-handshake::emot-highfive::wub:

Good on Ya Franklin G. :wub:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

While it's true that a muslim father has muslim children, just as a Jewish mother has Jewish children, these things are only in the eyes of islam and Judaism. What really matters is how a child is raised. The President's mother had no use for religion of any kind. She was an atheist, and raised him accordingly, completely without religious beliefs. He only came to Christianity in his late twenties or early thirties and I don't believe it was a strong, well grounded church that he belonged to. How does one raised with no guidelines know what is or isn't the right church home?

While it's true that a muslim father has muslim children, just as a Jewish mother has Jewish children, these things are only in the eyes of islam and Judaism. What really matters is how a child is raised. The President's mother had no use for religion of any kind. She was an atheist, and raised him accordingly, completely without religious beliefs. He only came to Christianity in his late twenties or early thirties and I don't believe it was a strong, well grounded church that he belonged to. How does one raised with no guidelines know what is or isn't the right church home?

You make what appears to be a valid point, but he certainly does know and can delineate between hatred and Love. This President is no dummy, he may be a bully, but he is educated and he cetainly knew what Rev. Wright stood for. We can't make excuses for that at all. :thumbsup: I also don't believe that Franklin Graham has stated that he is Muslim. He's stating that he's culturally Muslim if anything and that because of his upbringing it affects his worldview. At least that's my take on Grahams comments and I agree. This President is not culturally American. :thumbsup: There are several reasons for this but he has been here long enough and has been saturated in the culture enough to know better. Again, we can't excuse his behaviour nor his actions when they are detrimental to everything this Nation stands for and her Judeo/Christian heritage.

He's an adult and he has been described as a post racial post partisan President. Culturally superior, if you will. :whistling: He's also mid 50's and should have risen above his upbringing by now.

You make what appears to be a valid point, but he certainly does know and can delineate between hatred and Love. This President is no dummy, he may be a bully, but he is educated and he cetainly knew what Rev. Wright stood for. We can't make excuses for that at all. :thumbsup: I also don't believe that Franklin Graham has stated that he is Muslim. He's stating that he's culturally Muslim if anything and that because of his upbringing it affects his worldview. At least that's my take on Grahams comments and I agree. This President is not culturally American. :thumbsup: There are several reasons for this but he has been here long enough and has been saturated in the culture enough to know better. Again, we can't excuse his behaviour nor his actions when they are detrimental to everything this Nation stands for and her Judeo/Christian heritage.

He's an adult and he has been described as a post racial post partisan President. Culturally superior, if you will. :whistling: He's also mid 50's and should have risen above his upbringing by now.

Actually, he's 48 but, yeah, he probably should be doing something else. The problem is, we're looking at him though the prism of OUR upbringing, Dave, and I don't mean racially. He grew up in a white world and, I believe, had to LEARN how to be a black man. Which, technically, he isn't. I think that's why he joined a church that must have looked like THE black culture to him. (Remember, these are only MY opinions).

I can't even begin to imagine how hard it would be to grasp Christianity if one was raised by an atheist. Although atheists' children DO come to the Lord sometimes. I continue to pray for this President, like the one before him, and for those two little girls as well.

Actually he is 49. We were born on the exact same day.

What??? Lying his age??? Isn't that an impeachable offense??? :whistling:

:62_62: Ok. Impeach him. I didn't know he lied about his age, but impeach him anyway.

Um.....he actually didn't lie about his age. I was kidding. :whistling:

Actually, he's 48 but, yeah, he probably should be doing something else. The problem is, we're looking at him though the prism of OUR upbringing, Dave, and I don't mean racially. He grew up in a white world and, I believe, had to LEARN how to be a black man. Which, technically, he isn't. I think that's why he joined a church that must have looked like THE black culture to him. (Remember, these are only MY opinions).

I can't even begin to imagine how hard it would be to grasp Christianity if one was raised by an atheist. Although atheists' children DO come to the Lord sometimes. I continue to pray for this President, like the one before him, and for those two little girls as well.

Actually, his formative years were spent ina Madrassah in Indonesia. he spent very little time with his actual Mother and was raised by his Grandparents after that and for most of his teenage years. :thumbsup:

I believe his Grandparents were Christians.

I didn't know he was so young. :thumbsup:

We disagree, we are lookinng at him as Americans and he appears to be Foreign and we are looking at him as Christians and he doesn't make sense or add up to most people. :wub:

Yep. :thumbsup:

Actually, his formative years were spent ina Madrassah in Indonesia. he spent very little time with his actual Mother and was raised by his Grandparents after that and for most of his teenage years. :thumbsup:

From what I read, he was educated at home by his mother, in addition to going to the madrassa, and was sent back to Hawaii to remove him from religious influences (islam.)

I believe his Grandparents were Christians.

They were former Methodists who had become agnostics.

I didn't know he was so young. :thumbsup:

Ha! He's still older than me.....and you too, Dave! :rolleyes:

We disagree, we are lookinng at him as Americans and he appears to be Foreign and we are looking at him as Christians and he doesn't make sense or add up to most people. :wub:

He is no more foreign or unchristian than others I've met, throughout my life, who have lived for years in a foreign culture. I see a man who believes in God but who doesn't know who God is. Much like I used to be. I see a rabid sports fan who loves shooting hoops and eating burgers. Doesn't seem too foreign to me. It's all perspective, Dave.