IGNORED

Mary.

Botz

Guest Berkana

Was Mary without sin? Let's see what scripture says

Guess what? the Bible actually records an instance of Mary sinning!

1 John 1:8-10

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

No one can claim that they are without sin except for Jesus. The Bible makes no exception for Mary.

Infact, there is even a biblical record of Mary sinning. Behold:

Mark 3:20-21, 31-35

Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind." . . .

Edited by Berkana

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Speaking of...

I always wondered why the Catholics insist that Mary had to be without sin in order for Christ to be without sin -

Yet what made Mary to be without sin?

Was Mary born to a woman who was without sin? Who was born to a woman who was without sin? Who was born to a woman who was without sin? And on up the line?

;)

You are correct, Berkana - Mary was as just as in need of a Savior as we all are!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Please do not be decieved, The "Mary and "Jesus" of the "catholic church" have been declared in writing by the "Pope" to be the "New Eve" and the "New Adam". Adam and Eve were husband and wife, therefore the "church" has given its "Mary " and "Jesus" the same relationship. Because Christ was "God with us", the church says that Mary is the "Mother of God".

The Mary of the bible was NOT the wife of God. She IS NOT her husbands mother.The satanic apostasy entitled "paganism" has always involved the veneration of the "mother and child"; the child being the reincarnation of his dead father.

The God of the bible IS NOT DEAD and HE NEVER WAS! He was NEVER Marys husband.

Many different gods were worshipped in the Roman empire up until the time of Constantins the great. Then the fact becomes more obscure as Rome was supposed to be a "Christian empire". And while claiming to be a christian, Constantine maintained the title "PONTIFUS MAXIMUS" the high priest of paganisim His coins were inscribed; "SOL INVICTO COMITI:(Committed to the Invincible Sun). The importance of this fact cannot be overstated as during his reign , pagan sun worship was mixed with worship of the creator and officially entitled "Christianity"

so, what are wee practices of sun worship/sol invictus/=MITHRA Worship.

Mithraic practice mixed with christianity. 1. Cybele the Phrygian goddess, known to her followers as the "mother of god", was closely related to the worship of Mithra. As Mithrasiam was a mans religion, the worship of Cybele was practiced by the women. The priests of Mithra were known as "Fathers" and the Priestesses of Cybele as "Mothers".

The name of Cybele is just one of many other "sun-goddesses" of ancient time.

There are also many artifacts dug up with sun-goddess worship depicted on them of a woman holding a child that resembles almost to a tee the mother and child pictures we see today thru out many churches.

By continually changing the names of gods and goddesses of subsequent civilizations, the impression is given that their worship is only a local fabrication, having no real significance. This is not the case.

The worship of false gods, representing the created, in oppostion to the worship of the creator has been a satanic master scheme since the kingdom of Babel.

Known as BELTIS by the Chaldeans of Babel.

Known as ISHTAR by the Assyrians.

Known as Cybele by the Phrygians.

Known as ISIS or HATHOR by the Egyptians.

Known as ASTARTE by the Canaanites

Known as ASHTAROTH of the Sidonians, whom the Israelite King Solomon went after

Known as DIANNA by the Ephesians

Known by Greco-Romans as APHRODITE, ARTEMIS, or JUNO and known by many other names in between

THE MOTHER GODDESS REACHED ROME AS "IDIA MATER" OR "THE GREAT MOTHER"

During the 4th century, Mithras "mysteriously vanished" and the Roman "Christianity" began. A christianity not like that of the first century; but a polluted, corrupt christianity lacking few Mithraic rituals.

After the 4th century, christian and pagan practices became more alike.

Read Jer. 44:17-19. It was being practiced by the Israelits. Mixing pagan worship with God. Its was seen at the foot of Mt. Siani. The golden calf. Notice what Aaron says in Exodus 32:5; AND WHEN AARON SAW IT, HE BUILT AN ALTAR BEFORE IT; AND AARON MADE PROCLOMATION, AND SAID, TOMORROW IS A FEAST TO THE LORD".

hE WAS MIXING WORSHIP. hE WAS USING SOMETHING PAGAN AND WAS GOING TO OFFER THIS UP UNTO THE ONE TRUE GOD.hE WAS DECLARING A FEAST DAY TO ELOHIM, THRU.....THE GOLDEN CALF.

hOW SAD, will we never learn that we shall no other gods before Him?

"YE HYPOCRITES, WELL DID ESAIAS PROPHESY OF YOU, SAYING, THIS PEOPLE DRAWETH NIGH UNTO ME WITH THEIR MOUTH, AND HONOROUTH ME WITH THEIR LIPS; BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME. BUT IN VAIN THEY DO WORSHIP ME, TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES THE COMMANDMENTS OF ME. MATT. 15:7-9

Just because the catholic church "fathers" have said so about this and that doesnt make it right. Same goes for protestants. Research, study where we get our tradtions, were first disciples and apostles doing these things we do today? Who added what, where, ask questions, stay awake. The mystery of iniquity was already at work in Pauls day. Search out what that means. Strong delusion is coming upon the earth, we must wake up, or we too might be swept away with every wind of doctrine.

Ther is only one way to the Father and that is thru Jesus(Yeshua) and no one else. Anyone trying to come any other way is a theif, and will not enter in.

be blessed

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

GOD CAN DO ALL THINGS...NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD. :blink:

Was Mary immaculately conceived? YES, she was! :P

Eve was created without sin as well as Adam. We know that Jesus had no original sin, and so Mary, the New Testament reality of Eve had to be without original sin also, or else she was inferior to her "type". For isn't Jesus the 'new Adam'?! ;)

Mary had no stain of sin at her conception, no 'Original Sin'.

GOD and sin are mutually excludable. God cannot co-exist with sin. Rev 21:27

When Adam and Eve sinned, they were thrown out of Eden and the gates of Heaven were closed (Gen 3:24). There was no salvation of mankind until Jesus Christ died on the cross, and the gates were reopened.

When GOD gave the plans of the Ark of the Covenant', to the people, he was very meticulous as to just how the 'container' of His 'WORD', the stone tablets of the 'Ten Commandments', was to be constructed. It had to be perfect and without blemish. Ex 25:8-40

The 'New Ark of the Covenant', the vessel that was to 'contain' the 'WORD', Jesus Christ Incarnate, had to be 'made' without blemish also.

The 'New Ark of the Covenant' is Mary. She was to give birth to the 'WORD', Jesus Christ. Jn 1:1,14

Read Luke 1:28, 'And when the Angel had come to her, he said, "Hail full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women'." Luke 1:30, 'Do not be afraid, Mary, for thou hast found Grace with GOD'. 'Full of Grace', and 'Grace with GOD', could only mean Mary was without sin. John the Baptist had not yet appeared to start the Sacrament of Baptism. If GOD created the entire universe out of nothing, don't you think the GOD who imposed Adam's Sin on mankind could make one little Jewish girl without original sin?

She had to be 'Immaculately Conceived' to satisfy the fact that GOD cannot coexist with sin. :x:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK - I'm puking now.

And congratulations for failing to acknowledge the points made by Berkana and Yahsway.

You're good at this!

Now, tell me -

Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind." . . .

Edited by nebula

OK - I'm puking now.

you've been doing a lot of that lately... :)

And congratulations for failing to acknowledge the points made by Berkana and Yahsway.

give me a break...I owe you nothing...just responding as I read them, and BTW, I don't live here on the computer just responding all day long to all your bogus claims...

You're good at this!

you're good at not being very charitable to me, merely because I believe differently than you... :blink:

Guest shiloh357

Then Jesus' mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, "Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you."

"Who are my mother and my brothers?" he asked.

Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."

so are you Jesus' mother all of a sudden? Do you take EVERYTHING in the bible 'literally'? 

Now, how can Mary be sinless and yet accuse Jesus of being "out of his mind"?

so MARY is accusing her son of being crazy???? WHAT?! 

Uh yeah... that was pointed out to you earlier by someone else. When they said he was out of his mind, or as the KJV puts it "beside Himself." That means that they thought He had lost his mind. His mother and brothers came for Him to take Him home. He was embarassing them. This is what his "holy" mother thought at one time. His own "mother" thought He was crazy... imagine that!!

funny how those who quote scripture from the bible, or discuss scriptures from the bible in making their point, are the ones accused of making "bogus claims"...

i guess i'm just narrow minded. if it can't be backed up by scripture, i have no reason to believe it.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

QUOTE (nebula @ Aug 23 2004, 05:23 AM)

Servinghim:

GOD CAN DO ALL THINGS...NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD. 

Your right, God can do all things BUT contradict His word:

1 John 1: 8-10 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

NOTE: GOD DOESN'T MAKE AN EXCEPTION HERE WITH MARY.

i guess i'm just narrow minded. if it can't be backed up by scripture, i have no reason to believe it.

perhaps ....

yet even Scripture ITSELF doesn't say that ALL MUST be backed up by SCRIPTURE alone.

if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. Matt 18:17

"He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects him who sent me." Luke 10:16 :huh: