• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.45
  • Content Count:  44,433
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

by Cal Thomas

In calling for a spiritual revival in America at his Lincoln Memorial rally Aug. 28, talk show host Glenn Beck reached back into history and touched on a familiar theme.

What would a genuine revival look like and how did those that have transformed America several times in the past get started? Earlier revivals were not created from the mobilization of large crowds. They occurred when people did something infrequently observed in modern times: humbled themselves.

…read more

View the full article

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

As I was reading about the prayer groups/meetings that started the Great Awakenings, I thought about my own prayer group in college - praying for revival. I thought of countless others like that. After the second generation of our prayer group graduated, I've heard nothing of anything that came of what we prayed for.

There has to be something more than just a small group humbling themselves and seeking the Lord. We did that!

There has to be more to the picture that we are not seeing.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Could it be Gods will? When we read the prophecies that pertain to the last days, we read that every nation will turn against God. How can a nation that has gone through a revival for God turn against God?

Revelation 13:6-8 (New King James Version)

Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

There are two groups spoken about here. First are the saints, Gods children, scattered throughout the whole world. Then there are the nations, the governments/tongues and tribes of the world - everyone that is not Gods children. The US as a nation will never turn back to God, but there are many in the US who will if the revival is from one heart to another. It may be that you had the right idea, revival, but were praying for the wrong implementation?

It may be that you had the right idea, revival, but were praying for the wrong implementation?

The way things were going, if our "implementation" was wrong, I am sure the Holy Spirit would have directed us.

It may be that you had the right idea, revival, but were praying for the wrong implementation?

The way things were going, if our "implementation" was wrong, I am sure the Holy Spirit would have directed us.

Sis, sometimes we are so engulfed in the idea that we do not hear His leading. Yet, His answer is obvious, that the US will turn against Israel, which is found in scripture.

And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him

Did the Lord tell you this? Or does it go against your theology for people to seek the Lord and nothing happening that you have to find some way to blame us for the outcome?

Did the Lord tell you this? Or does it go against your theology for people to seek the Lord and nothing happening that you have to find some way to blame us for the outcome?

You have to be kidding me, Neb. Why is it that when we have a discussion, you have to go all personal? Do you have something personal against me? Why is it that I give an opinion that you are praying for the right thing, revival, but directed it wrong, to a nation instead of people that you get do defensive?

You have to be kidding me, Neb. Why is it that when we have a discussion, you have to go all personal? Do you have something personal against me? Why is it that I give an opinion that you are praying for the right thing, revival, but directed it wrong, to a nation instead of people that you get do defensive?

Because you were getting personal. You accused us of directing it wrong. Well, how do you know or assume or believe or suggest that we were directing it wrong? What ground do you have to stand on to accuse us of this? :noidea:

Because you were getting personal. You accused us of directing it wrong. Well, how do you know or assume or believe or suggest that we were directing it wrong? What ground do you have to stand on to accuse us of this? :noidea:

Accuse? I asked you question and gave you my thoughts. You often read things into what I say that I have not said, then you get all twisted at me as if main reason to reply is to point fingers. You make it extremely difficult to have a discussion with you.

Neb, I was giving you credit for praying for a revival, but suggesting that the revival will come from the heart of one to another more then a nation at whole.