• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

did the rider with the bow conquer?

Why cannot arrows be implied to go with the bow - as was mentioned in the other passages of Scripture I posted and as BlindSeeker mentioned?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - so what is the symbolism of the bow, and how does that impact how one interprets the horse and rider?

A bow is a weapon that can be used from a distance. ( as blien pointed out )

The horseman is a conquerer who is able to conquer from a distance. He doesn't need to actually be inside the borders of any certain country or land in order to conquer it. He can literally conquer the world without stepping outside his borders.

• Group:  Royal Member

Thanks, man!

Question - if the other three riders on horses are not interpreted as actual people, why should the rider on the white horse be interpreted as an actual person?

Thanks, man!

Question - if the other three riders on horses are not interpreted as actual people, why should the rider on the white horse be interpreted as an actual person?

Revelation 6

8 So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.

I don't believe Death is an actual person. I believe it's a force, a spiritual presence, an evil that is given free reign over one fourth of the planet. The spirit of satan.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

OK - so what is the symbolism of the bow, and how does that impact how one interprets the horse and rider?

swift and precise destruction (judgment) to specific enemies of God from afar

Jer 51:3 Against him that bendeth let the archer bend his bow, and against him that lifteth himself up in his brigandine: and spare ye not her young men; destroy ye utterly all her host.

Jer 50:14 Put yourselves in array against Babylon round about: all ye that bend the bow, shoot at her, spare no arrows: for she hath sinned against the LORD.

15 Shout against her round about: she hath given her hand: her foundations are fallen, her walls are thrown down: for it is the vengeance of the LORD: take vengeance upon her; as she hath done, do unto her.

Jer 51:11 Make bright the arrows; gather the shields: the LORD hath raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes
[iran]
: for his device is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the LORD, the vengeance of his temple.

12 Set up the standard upon the walls of Babylon, make the watch strong, set up the watchmen, prepare the ambushes: for the LORD hath both devised and done that which he spake against the inhabitants of Babylon.

13 O thou that dwellest upon many waters, abundant in treasures, thine end is come, and the measure of thy covetousness.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

but Nebula that verse in revelation you mentioned is not about God.

:emot-questioned: I never said it was. Why did you think I did?

It's about the anti-christ.

Well, I'm not convinced of that. I believe it is the same kind of entity as War and Pestilence and Famine (the other three horses/horsemen).

You didn't say it but that seemed to be the way the topic was going. In islam there are prophecies too and they are remarkably similar to ours. Their false messiah returns with a bow on a white horse ours doesn't. The book of Revelation also speaks about a lamb many times but in one of the referances it refers to a lamb who spoke like a dragon. That is not Jesus Christ but the false Jesus that Islam is waiting for...

Remember Jesus said that people would say "Look! There is the Messiah" or "There he is in the desert"... I believe Jesus was referring to this false messiah.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

A bow is a weapon that can be used from a distance. ( as blien pointed out )

The horseman is a conquerer who is able to conquer from a distance. He doesn't need to actually be inside the borders of any certain country or land in order to conquer it. He can literally conquer the world without stepping outside his borders.

true.

Thanks, man!

Revelation 6

8 So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.

I don't believe Death is an actual person. I believe it's a force, a spiritual presence, an evil that is given free reign over one fourth of the planet. The spirit of satan.

Right - but why is the rider on the white horse traditionally translated as a person, not a force, spiritual presence?

In islam there are prophecies too and they are remarkably similar to ours. Their false messiah returns with a bow on a white horse ours doesn't. The book of Revelation also speaks about a lamb many times but in one of the referances it refers to a lamb who spoke like a dragon. That is not Jesus Christ but the false Jesus that Islam is waiting for...

Remember Jesus said that people would say "Look! There is the Messiah" or "There he is in the desert"... I believe Jesus was referring to this false messiah.

I'd be wary of translating Revelation based on Islamic prophecies. Muhammed may have been twisting Revelation around in what he wrote. That doesn't mean he was accurately portraying the symbols.

And Jesus does return on a white horse, also (Rev. 19:11).