IGNORED

Help for a new poster

Guest qtfulOfaith

Guest qtfulOfaith

Good morning all. I am brand spanking new here and find that I am struggling with an issue of faith here that I have spoken about with friends from my church as well as friends who aren't believers. My dilemma is that I am involved with a non-believer and have wandered off the path I am suppossed to walking. I feel that this person is everything I have been waiting for, but, of course, he isn't what I need most, a fellow believer. I am at a point now where I feel I need to choose: Him or God. Obviously, there is no question about what it is I have to do, but man is it hard. I love this person, and he loves me, but he is a far way off from accepting Christ.

I guess I just need encouragement because the answer is clear...I am just struggling and even thinking about stepping down from my church. Please, any words of wisdom?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings qtfulOfaith,

I'm sure many of us here have been in the same boat as yourself. Right now you are listening to your "soul" which seeks to satisfy the needs of your body and mind. It is apparent that your "spirit" is saying one thing, but the temporary pleasure offered by your "soulic nature" right now sounds more attractive. It always does. A good book to read is Eccleasiasties. Solomon was a very wise man, but he didn't grow wise overnight. He spent years not withholding any good pleasure from himself including something like 900+ wives and concubines. Make sure to read it all the way through, then when you reach his "conclusion" you can decide what you want to do.

Age is generally the cure for youth.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

QtfulOfaith,

Welcome to WorthyBoards. Unfortunately it sounds as though you are in quite the tough situation. The only wisdom which can be given is for you to pray about this matter, and give it all to God. For within God's word it is written that Christians should not associate with ones such as him and fall into their ways. However, at the same time I think of Christ's example for he did come to save the lost not the found. Still, should your bf/significant other not be open to the thought of accepting or perhaps aiding you in your walk of Faith, it may be best you reconsider your current relationship with this young man. The Lord, as well as man can not be served all at once. It is one way or the other. Do hope that some light has been shed upon this situation and that somehow everything turns out alright for you. Will keep you in my thoughts as well as prayers. God Bless.

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

Guest qtfulOfaith

Thank you. Yes, these words of wisdom have indeed helped. I am trying to get back into The Word, but I already know what awaits me: further confirmation that I need to let this relationship go and that breaks my heart. But, I know I am breaking God's heart staying in this relationship...no one said being a believer was easy.... :blink::P

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Greeting in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. If you would here are some very interesting testimonies.

http://nogreaterjoy.org/index.php?id=25&ba...=76&tt_news=198

http://nogreaterjoy.org/index.php?id=25&ba...=76&tt_news=199

LT

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244

Thank you. Yes, these words of wisdom have indeed helped. I am trying to get back into The Word, but I already know what awaits me: further confirmation that I need to let this relationship go and that breaks my heart. But, I know I am breaking God's heart staying in this relationship...no one said being a believer was easy.... :);)

I think your making the right choice, It is better to lay treasures in heaven then on Earth. Your body is just a tent your not at home yet... and don't set up your cheap tent and call it home, because our home is Heaven.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Dumb question here, But does anyone but ME think its possible its part of Gods plan for you to be in this relationship? That maybe your the one who will eventually bring this person around to him?

My 2 cents

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  230
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

But does anyone but ME think its possible its part of Gods plan for you to be in this relationship?

2 Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

15:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

The low of God is perfect, converting the soul.

God bless you.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Dumb question here, But does anyone but ME think its possible its part of Gods plan for you to be in this relationship? That maybe your the one who will eventually bring this person around to him?

My 2 cents

Greetings,

Let me say there is only one dumb question; that question that is not asked. As was said earlier that we are not to be yoked to unbelievers - for we will be unequally yoked. This is an agriculture picture for nothing could be achieved with animals that could not pull together. NOTHING can be achieved by linking with unbelievers. The bible also says that we walk by faith and not by sight(with our senses or feelings). And faith is based on the word of God. There are too many miserable christians who thought they could convert someone by marrying them only to find that things progress down hill.

The only Godly way to deal with this problem is wait until the guy does indeed convert. Until then he is an unbeliever.

LT

Edited by larryt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

But does anyone but ME think its possible its part of Gods plan for you to be in this relationship?

2 Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

15:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

The low of God is perfect, converting the soul.

God bless you.

:) It's not our job to bring people to repentance. We are the one's who plant seeds and point the way but only the Holy Spirit can draw people to repentance. If God thought it was okay for us to be the one's to draw people to Him through relationships then these verses would be omitted. Consider this...when you are in a relationship...you generally want to do whatever you can to please the other person. If you know it would please the other person to "become a christian" one might not have carefully considered all that it means and not really repented. One may just be doing it to please the other. What good does that do?

Psalm 127:1

Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain.