johndavid316

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

You may not believe in Him but He believes in you.......since He created you. Lotsa luck with telling Him the above when your appointed time comes...

Like Bertrand Russell I'll simply say, "Not enough evidence God, not enough evidence".

Do you happen to know where Mr. Russell currently resides?

Nowhere. He's dead.

Sorry, no cigar for you. You might want to contemplate the question some more.

Nowhere. He's dead.

:emot-fail:

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord; He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored

Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth. Jeremiah 25:30

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat; He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment seat

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Hebrews 9:27

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea, With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Believe And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Nowhere. He's dead.

Very enigmatic. Where do you think he is? All the available evidence points to him being dead. (Whatever your answer, I'm going to ask for evidence.)

Mr. Russell, like all nonbelievers, is awaiting the day of Judgment in hell. The evidence is in Scripture. And I will ask you for evidence that he is not.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Like Bertrand Russell I'll simply say, "Not enough evidence God, not enough evidence".

Evidence is in the eye of the beholder.

That is, not everyone interprets evidence the same way. Not everyone comes to the same conclusion.

(You do know not all scientists agree with the mainstream - and that isn't just religious people dealing with creation; this is any subject dealing with anything.)

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Nowhere. He's dead.

Very enigmatic. Where do you think he is? All the available evidence points to him being dead. (Whatever your answer, I'm going to ask for evidence.)

Mr. Russell, like all nonbelievers, is awaiting the day of Judgment in hell. The evidence is in Scripture. And I will ask you for evidence that he is not.

That is not the way we look at things scientifically, We Do not assert something then go about insisting that people prove us wrong. We make predictions see how those play out provide evidence and then make a statement. The bible furthermore is evidence of nothing to us as it is being used to prove itself. For example there is a book out there im sure many of you will have heard of called "The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster" within this book it asserts multiple times as the bible does that it is truth.... does this make it so? of course not.

I will accept evidence you put forward so long as it is unbiased and can be proven and tested with scientific method. Please do not try to quote the bible to prove the bible... as many times as you do it ... it cuts no grass with us

That is not the way we look at things scientifically, We Do not assert something then go about insisting that people prove us wrong. We make predictions see how those play out provide evidence and then make a statement.

"We" being.....? Actually, I asked Cato for evidence but, since you brought it up......I notice you use the standards recommended by 'The Atheist Review' when debating Christians.

The bible furthermore is evidence of nothing to us as it is being used to prove itself. For example there is a book out there im sure many of you will have heard of called "The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster" within this book it asserts multiple times as the bible does that it is truth.... does this make it so? of course not.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the 'Flying Spaghetti Monster'; it's a staple on the atheist blogs.

I will accept evidence you put forward so long as it is unbiased and can be proven and tested with scientific method. Please do not try to quote the bible to prove the bible... as many times as you do it ... it cuts no grass with us

'Us' being....? I really don't care if you accept evidence or not; it's your future, not mine. In fact, I'll venture that NO Christian gives a flying fig if any of you accept anything other than the Lord. The evidence for God is staring back at you every morning when you shave....remember him? Btw, if you need your grass cut, I'll lend you my Flying Cosmic Goat......:emot-blink:

That is not the way we look at things scientifically, We Do not assert something then go about insisting that people prove us wrong. We make predictions see how those play out provide evidence and then make a statement.

"We" being.....? Actually, I asked Cato for evidence but, since you brought it up......I notice you use the standards recommended by 'The Atheist Review' when debating Christians.

The bible furthermore is evidence of nothing to us as it is being used to prove itself. For example there is a book out there im sure many of you will have heard of called "The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster" within this book it asserts multiple times as the bible does that it is truth.... does this make it so? of course not.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the 'Flying Spaghetti Monster'; it's a staple on the atheist blogs.

'Us' being....? I really don't care if you accept evidence or not; it's your future, not mine. In fact, I'll venture that NO Christian gives a flying fig if any of you accept anything other than the Lord. The evidence for God is staring back at you every morning when you shave....remember him? Btw, if you need your grass cut, I'll lend you my Flying Cosmic Goat......:emot-blink:

Ok the Us and We i was referring to is simply being put forth for the majority of the Atheist community, and the Atheist Review... Im honestly not familiar with that publication .... But thanks for the goat i might take you up on that offer : )

Ok the Us and We i was referring to is simply being put forth for the majority of the Atheist community, and the Atheist Review... Im honestly not familiar with that publication .... But thanks for the goat i might take you up on that offer : )

I just threw in the mythical goat for comic relief......this is such a serious subject. :rolleyes: What atheist community? You mean the one that has blogs, websites, magazines, newsletters, message boards, conventions, seminars and book signings by big time atheist authors? The one that offers '10 Tips for Debating Christians' and other similar lists? I have perused, researched and read a HUGE percentage of them and I am familiar with the talking points and guides for trying to prove Christians wrong. I seldom read anything about debating muslims though, just a few scattered articles here and there.....why is that? And what kind of atheist are you if you've never read The Atheist Review'? It's one of the main online atheist resources.

I just threw in the mythical goat for comic relief......this is such a serious subject. :rolleyes: What atheist community? You mean the one that has blogs, websites, magazines, newsletters, message boards, conventions, seminars and book signings by big time atheist authors? The one that offers '10 Tips for Debating Christians' and other similar lists? I have perused, researched and read a HUGE percentage of them and I am familiar with the talking points and guides for trying to prove Christians wrong. I seldom read anything about debating muslims though, just a few scattered articles here and there.....why is that? And what kind of atheist are you if you've never read The Atheist Review'? It's one of the main online atheist resources.

Atheism is not one select group that focuses on online forums and online books or even on debating christianity.... there is NO specific requirement to read the Atheist review or any publication at all... one doesn't have to debate with religious people and one doesn't have to even tell ANYONE that they are an atheist. I am an atheist who if you read my about me page ..... which i think you have ..... knows exactly why i came to my own conclusions. Now as for the debating christians overwhelming articles on atheistic sites i would have thought the answer being obvious, in western culture christianity is the overwhelming religion so the atheists from these countries encounter atheist resistance and Dogma from christians a lot more than other religions. Oh and before i go ..... of course the goat was comic relief im not stupid i was merely trying to indicate that i got the joke