IGNORED

Why does God send people to an eternal hell

kiwi5x

Guest shiloh357
I, also, do not need a threat of everlasting punishment to keep me walking with God. I know that God is the real Truth, that Jesus is the real image of God and it's pretty hard to imagine that I will be eternally happy in the presence of God while people I have known are eternally 'gnashing their teeth' in anguish. I don't claim to know what all the hellfire and damnation verses in scripture signify. What I do know is that we are continually gaining insight into these things and The Word is still living and all of us are still learning.

The fact that Jesus calls it "eternal punishment" in Matt. 25:46 pretty seals the deal. When you step into eternity you will likely have an entirely different perspective. The Bible says that God will wipe away all tears and that there will be no grief or sadness for those who enter into eternal life with Him. So you will not weep for those who rejected the Lord. It's really easy to believe the Bible; you should try it sometime.

I don't claim to know what all the hellfire and damnation verses in scripture signify.
It really is not that hard if you know how to read and if you believe the Bible. The Bible's claim on the etneral separation and eternal punishment that is a consequence of choosing to continued separation from God are easy enough that a 7 year old can understand them. They are written in simple, plain language. You would have to have help in order to misunderstand them.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

(Matthew 5:27-30)

(Matthew 5:27-30) "You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery. But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.....

:thumbsup:

Why should any living mortal, or any man, Offer complaint in view of his sins? Lamentations 3:39 (NASB)

:emot-heartbeat:

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. Lamentations 3:21-25

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Amen Dave!

If we did this and only this, hell would have no meaning or fear for us. We would not have to argue the point (often I think, because one hopes that, "well I can get away with stuff here on earth now, and negotiate my way out of hell later).

Don't people know who God is?

That is the real issue in our churches today they don't seek God in His Word! It is also the indication that God's long suffering that comes in the form of humility to His creation that satan uses to plant the belief oh God will give me another chance.... not knowing what God says He does... Prayer is the only effective weapon for this?? I think?? Love Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

(Hebrews 10:26-31)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I know that there are some passages that say things like "everlasting torment" and such
yes that is God's doctrine!

Are you sure about that?

but I think those are bad translations and more accurate translations dispel ideas of eternal torment.
The truth has already been set before us and is to be accepted (but) as you have stated your thinking and a new translation can fix that.... Love Steven

It is actually not a new translation by any stretch of the imagination. The majority of Christians, before Constantine turned Christianity into a state religion and truly messed the whole thing up, did not accept everlasting torment for the unrighteous. Out of the 6 major schools of Christian thought in the first few centuries of Christianity, 4 of them taught universalism, one taught that the unsaved will perish (no longer be able to feel pain), and the one who stopped using the original Greek and relied on Latin translations (the only one out of the 6) taught that the unsaved will be tortured forever.

Yes eternal conscious suffering is taught in God's Word...

Rev 20:10-15

10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. 11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

NKJV

God is really clear about His intention of eternal punishment for the devil and all who follow him.... no translation or history study can change the plain reading of God's Words even the demons know this

Matt 8:28-29

28 When He had come to the other side, to the country of the Gergesenes, there met Him two demon-possessed men, coming out of the tombs, exceedingly fierce, so that no one could pass that way. 29 And suddenly they cried out, saying, "What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?"

NKJV

Love Steven

• 2 months later...

I would say that God does not send people to hell. Its a choice you chose on earth. When you only have to places to live in eternity, one heaven and one hell, its not about punishment, as much as choice. You see he made hell not for humans, to begin with, but for the devil and his demons, you see he felt the punishment was just for them. Now If a human rejects God, he, by default accepts hell.

Exactly, people decide for themselves rather they won't heaven or hell

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/06/1981

Imagine Eternity. Imagine Immortality.

Now imagine that it's just like this world..... forever.

You travels the same roads, see the same dreary, world-weary faces.

The brightest and best of all the people you've ever known have disappeared!

Only the weary and heartbroken and hopeless are left.

Everyone is bored all the time, because they've done it all before.

There is no peace of mind because the Lord is very, very far away.

No comfort, no hope of change or growth.... stagnation eternal.

That's hell in my opinion.

We make the choice when we know God is there, and we say 'I don't want you!'

Imagine Eternity. Imagine Immortality.

Now imagine that it's just like this world..... forever.

You travels the same roads, see the same dreary, world-weary faces.

The brightest and best of all the people you've ever known have disappeared!

Only the weary and heartbroken and hopeless are left.

Everyone is bored all the time, because they've done it all before.

There is no peace of mind because the Lord is very, very far away.

No comfort, no hope of change or growth.... stagnation eternal.

That's hell in my opinion.

We make the choice when we know God is there, and we say 'I don't want you!'....

Imagine The LORD Jesus Christ

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:47-48

With Blood Drained Nail Pierced Hands

Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. Matthew 13:36-43

Crying Out, Open Open Open

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

Flee The Wrath To Come

And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. Luke 16:24

And Nobody Hears

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(a-c)

Imagine

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Matthew 7:13-15

Simply

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. Mark 10:15

Believe

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Romans 10:9-11

And Be Blessed Beloved

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

Love, Joe

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

*edit* no links to the Watchtower allowed on Worthy*

Please read this pertaining to hell. What we say we believe or dont.believe doesnt matter..i mean it does but what matters most is absolute truth. Also adam and eve were given a choice, obey and live or disobey and die, return to dust. Aka life or death, not life here on earth or in heaven or life in hell. Please read the article.

Edited by Matthitjah
watchtower links