tsth

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to add to my previous post concerning Heb10:29, the word santified there is the Hebrew word "qadar", meaning to darken, or mourn in sackcloth. We can see this is talking of outward appearance, not inward cleansing. A seemingly repentant person, having the "look" of one TRULY saved, but never having been.

Well concerning Peter he withdrew because

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: from CWJ on 9:09 am on April 11, 2002

I would like to add to my previous post concerning Heb10:29, the word santified there is the Hebrew word "qadar", meaning to darken, or mourn in sackcloth. We can see this is talking of outward appearance, not inward cleansing. A seemingly repentant person, having the "look" of one TRULY saved, but never having been.

Carl,

You are going to have to assist me here. How is it you state the word "sanctified" there is the Hebrew word "qadar", meaning to darken, or mourn in sackcloth?

After all, to my knowledge, the entire epistle was written in the Greek, not Hebrew. It was called "Hebrews" because it was written to the Jewish believers.

From all my studies and resources, the word "sanctified" in the verse in question was the Greek word "hagiazo," meaning: to make holy, i.e. (ceremonially) purify or consecrate; (mentally) to venerate:--hallow, be holy, sanctify.

Below are a list of scriptures where the same word was used so as to show intent of the word.

• Mt 6:9

According to my Strong's concordance that word in Heb10:29 "santified" is in the Hebrew and Chaldee dictionary.  Word#6937...Qadar.  This is listed in these verse also:

Joh10:36..17:19, Ac20:32..26:18, Ro15:16, 1Co1:2..6;11..7:14, 1Ti4:5, 2Ti2:21, Heb2:11, 10:10,14,29, Jude1.

This word could be defined as "made to appear holy and repentant" by my personal understanding of what I read.

What source for the original words are you using?

Hey Carl,

I'm researching all this, as I've never encounter "Hebrew" in the NT before. Obviously it comes from somewhere (besides Strongs).

But, till I get back with you, how would you equate you definition to Jude 1?

Peace,

PS Enjoy you weekend!!

Hey BlindS,  I'll study your question and get back.

Peace, Carl

Hey Carl!

I found this site because I was looking for a site on the net to refer someone to as a Greek English Lexicon.

http://www.olivetree.com/cgi-bin/EnglishBible.htm

This site is great, I just found it today and it has an incredible resources. Below is a copy and paste from the "Search in - KJV with def window" for Heb 10:29.

• New Testament Greek for ' he was sanctified '

Guest EPHRIAM777
Quote: from CWJ on 5:05 pm on April 6, 2002

If, as some erroneously think, you were saved and then "took" yourself out of being saved, and died, then ended up in ####, then what were you ever "saved" from to begin with??

Eph writes...

This is a debate that can go on and on..But if you truely FAITH Jesus..in the biblical sence of the word..then NO you can't ever be lost..

But then the question is "what is biblical faith"..?

IF your faith in GOD is only as strong as a blade of grass that is snapped...( a bent reed )..and is only hanging on by a thread...GOD has said he will not be the one to break it the rest of the way off..IF your faith in GOD is only as "hot" as a smoking flax...( that smallest of embers that has yet to go out when you blow out a candle )..God will not be the one to "quench" it..!

Again FAITH is the key..IT is the "connection" we have with God..AND it is what Jesus said he would be looking for when he returned..so it sure is important to KNOW what it is..!

You can't be saved without it...!

Guest EPHRIAM777
Quote: from CWJ on 5:09 pm on April 9, 2002

Are any of us perfect in our obedience?

Eph writes...

The word "Obedience" used in Romans 1:5...didn't mean the type of "obedience" you want from a slave..or a "do it or else" type pressuring of someone..NOT at all..!

Obedience is a word used in the NT..especially Romans..that meant to "listen" to what you were being told..and then do it..No pressure or beating involved..!

My best example that I was taught on this word "obedience" would be more like listening to "good directions"

If you were "lost"...and you stopped to ask directions from someone..and they told you.."drive down the street 3 lights and make a left..that'll be 10th street..You would be "obedient" to that person..if you drove down 3 lights and made that left...It would be in your own best intrest..to do that..

ONLY when you obey that person's "directions"...can you really BE obedient to them..and what they told you to do..!

IF you say NAH I think it's the other way 5 lights and make a right..you would be DIS-obedient to the person who told you the first set of directions..!

Now knowing the meaning of the word..Lets apply this to scripture..!

Jesus said you must "believe" in / on him to BE saved..He said HE was the only way of salvation..No man comes to the father except by me..ect ect..!

When you listen to what he said (when you hear the word)..and you DO what he told you to do..(believe on him)..You ARE obedient to him and his directions to you..because IF you believe on him...you are doing what he told you to do..and you are obedient TO HIM...!

See we are "obedient" to Jesus when we FAITH/Believe/Trust..him to be our Savior and Lord..When we do that then we ARE obedient to what he told us to do...and we are IN his will..Obedient to what he said to do..

...and needless to say it's FOR our best intrests to be obedient...NOT because of any arm twisting..or threats..or pressure..! But because we listened to sound teaching/directions..HIS WORD..!

:)

Are we Obedient..all the time ? Yes when we are FAITHING Jesus everyday every minute..we are completly obedient..!

EPHR777...I guess I should have worded that question like this.....Are any of us always going to do evething that we should as a christian in our daily walk?

Peace, Carl

Hey BlindSeeker,  I may have something for both of us on Heb10:29.  I am searching for a literal translation to be sure I'm in the right direction. I'm looking for a LITV on the net, but I think that books-a-million has that version.

I will get back here when I am sure.

Later...Peace....Carl