Matthitjah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

It's funny that the same people who are against government intrusion on what garbage can be fed to your kids, are all for government intrusion on adults choosing to smoke pot.

I believe the end result of consuming McDonalds imitation food stuff is far deadlier than sucking on a spliff.

:)

Big difference, huge difference. If the happy meal toys altered my childrens perception or gave them a mind altering experience I would want them illegal too.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

It's funny that the same people who are against government intrusion on what garbage can be fed to your kids, are all for government intrusion on adults choosing to smoke pot.

I believe the end result of consuming McDonalds imitation food stuff is far deadlier than sucking on a spliff.

Brother Gerry,

That sounds like an issue between yourself and your Savior and God and not an issue of common sense over Parentage and meal choice issues.

When my kids eat a Happy Meal occasionally I don't see it as a threat to their spiritual condition or their position in Christ.:thumbsup:

I will tell you that the Lord has asked us to be sober minded;

Tit 2:2

That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.

I'm not sure what our witness looks like to a lost and dying world when we run around High.:noidea:

Advocating drunkeness or perhaps lewdness would be no different in my mind. :blink:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Brother Gerry,

That sounds like an issue between yourself and your Savior and God and not an issue of common sense over Parentage and meal choice issues.

When my kids eat a Happy Meal occasionally I don't see it as a threat to their spiritual condition or their position in Christ.:thumbsup:

That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.

I'm not sure what our witness looks like to a lost and dying world when we run around High.:noidea:

Advocating drunkeness or perhaps lewdness would be no different in my mind. :blink:

Peace,

Dave

None the less, scorning the gov. for intrusion should run across the board. I've seen evidence that McDonalds food is harmful in the long run, as is marijuana consumption. Is one kind of harm more acceptable than another? We don't treat sin that way.

• Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Brother Gerry,

Peace,

Dave

None the less, scorning the gov. for intrusion should run across the board. I've seen evidence that McDonalds food is harmful in the long run, as is marijuana consumption. Is one kind of harm more acceptable than another? We don't treat sin that way.

However, folks who can reasonably disagree can still come to the understanding that Constitutional Liberties in the U.S. don't allow us to cross certain lines even in speech.

I don't want a Government that tells me what I can eat regardless of your opinion of McDonalds useful nutritional content. :thumbsup: However, I do want a Government that assures me that a drunk or doper doesn't kill me while I'm out about my business in my car.:thumbsup:

That's the difference between a Government that curtails Liberty and one the provides for the common good. One is restricted by the Constitution and one is enshrined by it.

Dope leads folks to harder drugs and binds people spiritually, leaving them less than sober minded. I've witnessed it first hand. McDonalds food is not rat poisen although I would agree that a daliy diet of it is dangerous but at some point folks have to be at Liberty to be stupid. The Government can't protect us from ourselves, if it could we'd never have another suicide or self destructive behaviors like Smoking Pot.

I don't want a Government that's my Father, I have a physical one which to ask advice from and One in Heaven upon whom I rely. I want a Government that protects my God given Liberties.:wub:

If folks want Pot legalized they can vote and they did in California this year. the most Liberal of all States and even there folks saw that it was not in the common good's interest to legalize it.

As I've said, if you desire to intake substances that alter your physical and spiritual condition that's between you and your God. However, I believe His Word has alot to say about the Liberty you have in Christ and unlike a Constitutional Republic His Word isn't up for a Vote.:thumbsup:

1Co 10:23

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

KathyAnn, a happymeal is not a happy meal without a toy... but it would also not be a happy meal if it has broccoli in it.

:24::24::24::24::24:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Another Key point. The voters did not get to vote on the Happy Meal thing. They did vote on pot!