IGNORED

moving out at a considerably young age

Guest kings&pawns

Guest kings&pawns

i want to move out and im only 16 years of age. It has nothing to do with my family because i have probably the best family you can come by. i've lived here all my life and now at the end of highschool they want to move me when i have a stable relationship and can graduate in under a semster if i choose to. I dont know anything about financial stababilty or how to achieve it and i cant do it alone. Please reply with answer to this or suggestions on what i can do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I moved away from home at 15, went to a boarding school, graduated HS and moved in with a friend, then married at the age of 17.

DON"T DO IT!

Life is hard. Responsibility will come soon enough. Enjoy your youth. Get a job, stay at home, develop smart financial choices. Buy everything cash, credit is a tool of the devil to imprison you. Have fun, don't rush your life, you have the rest of it to be an adult.

I never was a kid and I regret it.

honey ... I hear your fear of moving but don't leave home move out because of it. Look at it as an adventure. Tell me what are the CONS of moving with your parents? There has to be some .... ponder on those ... trust me sweetie .. 16 is wayyyyyy to young to think you can make it and enjoy life at the same time.

I agree witht he previous poster ... enjoy life at HOME with your parents.

kings&pawns...

you have a wonderful family, as you said. please consider very carefully how hurtful your leaving home at this age would be. i have two daughters... my oldest is now 18, my youngest is 16. my oldest left home at the age of 16, went back to texas and lived with "friends" so she could graduate high school there. my youngest has chosen to go back to texas for other reasons... she missed her dad terribly and since we moved 1200 miles away, she rarely got to see him. one left with my blessing (the younger) and the other left without. the pain i experienced didn't seem to know the difference. it is not natural for a child to leave home that soon. if i have one regret in life, it is that i was unable to make it to my eldest daughter's high school graduation. that will haunt me for the rest of my life.

until you have been a mother, you can't know how emotionally devastating it is to those you will be leaving behind.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Hey Kings Pawn,

Welcome to the Worthy Boards

I joined the Army when I was 17, just 3 months into 17. I missed a lot by not staying home and yet it was the greatest experience of my life as I look back. But man I have had to work for a living to survive from that day on, some years good and some bad. And with the jobs being very scarce these days, especially the ones that you can make a living with, with out a college education

My advice is to stay home, make plans to make plans for what you are going to do with your life. Dont grow up to soon enjoy being a kid for a while.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear kings&pawns,

This is my opinion, and you are not obliged to accept it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

Financial stability is when you do not spend more than you earn in any one period of time. In order to achieve this, you will need to calculate how much you will need to spend to survive for a month where you are in the lifestyle you expect to live. You will also need to calculate how much you can earn (after taxes) in that same month to pay for it. If you can find a job that covers the monthly spend, you can achieve financial stability.

Hope that is helpful.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/25/1983

Dear Kings&Pawns-

I moved out of my parents home when I was sixteen years old and married at eighteen. I REALLY tried to do things "right" and worked very hard. I was very mature for my age but I still didn't have the experience I desperately needed. I am now twenty and unfortunately, my husband left (when my son was 2 months old). I thought he was a great guy, I didn't know what to watch out for! You can be the most mature 16 year old that ever graced this earth but I urge you to wait until you have more life experience. I am assured that there are some people that do move out young and do well; however, they usually end up working ten times harder than they would have otherwise. Whatever you decide the Lord will guide your steps. Proverbs 16:9"We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps." Pray about your decision for guidance. I will be praying for you.-HIS :wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

I'm 17. I'm married, My husband is 18, and I moved out of my parents home 2 months ago. We've been doing wonderfully. Though, it sounds like you have a good home, and 16 is young. I wouldn't recommend you moving out, unless you have a full-time job, and a way to support yourself. My husband and I both have been working full-time for the past 2-3 years. We were homeschooled, so we had the time during the day to work, and did our school at night. It was relatively easy for us, but that doesn't mean it would be for you.

Being on your own is a big responsibility, I don't regret it, and I know I won't, but you should only do it for the right reasons, and after much prayer.

*I thought I should edit this to say, that I'll be 18 in 3 days.. so I'm MUCH closer to 18 than 17...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I know of a girl that had to move often.

Just when she met some great friends, and was popular in school, off the parents went to the next...."calling".

She turned out fine, she met new friends, and is a stronger person becuz of having to move often.

She learned how to face her fears, and how to blunge in the crowd and make good friends.(EVEN THOUGH SHE DIDN'T WANT TO.)

You are given life ....you choose to make it good, or miserable.

Bloom whereever you are planted.

:t:

Guest kings&pawns

Yay, you all have points and all pretty much telling me to stay with my parents. What about staying with alternate family though. Got tons of them here where i live and its closer than where im moving so. And yay my parents are taking it pretty hard. My mom the hardest but i know family doesnt leave you and i plan in keeping in touch. Thanx for the replys, anything more would help so much:P thanx. Ill think about it all.