WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.45
  • Content Count:  44,435
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

The US has written to the founder of whistle-blowing website Wikileaks, Julian Assange, urging him not release a batch of diplomatic files.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/bbc-co-uk-news-world-us-canada-11856122-print-true/

Am I the only one that thinks having the government begging Wikileaks to stop publishing these documents makes us look weak and incompetent? :noidea: They aren't going to listen to us. What we need to be doing is to address the problem of leaks, and going after those who are responsible for these documents falling into the hands of Wikileaks. I know they have a "prime suspect" in the leaks, but why did he have access to these classified documents, and was he the only one involved? :noidea: How can we prevent something like this from happening in the future? :noidea: Is this "prime suspect" simply a fall guy, which is what I suspect? :noidea: Instead of crawling to Wikileaks and begging them not to release the documents, we need to prepare for the fall out to come, and make sure we bring the people responsible for the leaks to justice. We need to send a message to others who are thinking about leaking classified documents that we take those kind of actions serious, to the point of life in prison with no chance of parol or even the death penalty.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Am I the only one that thinks having the government begging Wikileaks to stop publishing these documents makes us look weak and incompetent? :noidea: They aren't going to listen to us. What we need to be doing is to address the problem of leaks, and going after those who are responsible for these documents falling into the hands of Wikileaks. I know they have a "prime suspect" in the leaks, but why did he have access to these classified documents, and was he the only one involved? :noidea: How can we prevent something like this from happening in the future? :noidea: Is this "prime suspect" simply a fall guy, which is what I suspect? :noidea: Instead of crawling to Wikileaks and begging them not to release the documents, we need to prepare for the fall out to come, and make sure we bring the people responsible for the leaks to justice. We need to send a message to others who are thinking about leaking classified documents that we take those kind of actions serious, to the point of life in prison with no chance of parol or even the death penalty.

Actually 2,500,000 American government workers had daily access to the documents due to the computer system that disseminates it to the military and various state departments. If the person who/s who disseminated the documents is a low ranking government employee who had not signed the official secrets act, in my country they could only be charged with a minor offense, their defense being, but with 2,500,000 people with access, it is "public knowledge" anyway.

There is some stuff there that I think, and a Christian, the world should know about the Arab states and their version of diplomacy for instance.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

While I disagree with the leaking, I am interested to know the contents.

The sad part is Assange has done more for government transparency than the tea party could ever hope for.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I read that even for the stuff that is classified 'top secret', there are over 800,000 people that have access to it. With those numbers, I'm only surprised that more has not been leaked.