Housing trouble

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

It's me again. The house still hasn't been foreclosed on, which is a blessing, and the rest of March is probably safe in that respect, and a bankruptcy or a deal with the lender is looking increasingly likely from my grandmother's perspective. It's a disappointment, but it's a great deal more feasible than moving at this point, since the savings have still been negligible. Regardless of whether or not we move I know it's in my best interests to try to get some sort of job I can do at home as quickly as possible, even if it's just part time. It benefits me either way, and I'd feel a lot more secure about my own future.

Right now I'm very much feeling abused. It's not the first time I've had the feeling. I get subjected to insults and paranoia often enough for urging my grandmother to be cautious and conservative with her diet and her money, or when I have to correct her on something she doesn't remember properly. It's creating and aggravating health issues in me, and all she has to say about it is that I should toughen up. I can take insults all day without losing my cool, but having to do so on an almost daily basis is pretty depressing. Dealing with her is feeling increasingly hopeless, and she's turning to threats more and more often to get her way. More and more often I find myself feeling like I need to get out ASAP, but given the circumstances at present it's just not viable for me to do so. I wish I could. But I always cool down from the initial panic very quickly, and the reality of how difficult it is to move out and start over from scratch, especially out of state, hits me. Then I just feel miserable again.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,075
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  240
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray:

You DONT have to take threats from her you know .... have you spoken to social services about any help you may be able to get ?? :emot-hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

Praying for you. Take comfort from the Lord and He will give you strength and wisdom.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been in touch with social services about employment. That's about as far as I dare take it. As bad as it's getting here I'm not willing to risk being put in a situation where I might lose my cats or have to choose between feeding me or feeding them, and her behavior isn't really something I can talk about with other people in the flesh or on the phone. As long as I can get some solid hope that I'll eventually be able to stand on my own I'll be fine.

Anyway, I'm having to jump through some hoops with social services. Because my desire to work from home is partially motivated by some health issues and I addressed it from that angle they want me to have a few medical exams, and then sometime after that's done and they review the information they'll get back to me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:emot-hug: I understand the cat issue.

Prayers

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/18/1967

Have you considered power of attorney? And online college classes could help get training for at home employment.

• 1 month later...

Hello! I'm still alive, everyone.

Things are plodding along with social services. Not really sure when it will be over with. Communication with them is very slow.

Power of attorney is unfortunately out of the question. She filled out the form giving her daughter PoA years ago, but her daughter doesn't want to deal with her. Anyone else would have to apply for guardianship, and according to the judge that's going to require setting up a special bond. It's non-refundable and acts as an insurance policy if her funds are ever mismanaged. It has to be posted every year. Texas just isn't a great state for the elderly and disabled.

Online classes would be great, though. I'm beginning to think I might enjoy computer programming.