Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Revelation starts out by addressing seven churches in Asia Minor. It was a revelation of what was to occur from that time down the centuries to the end of the world. There are other churches mentioned in Revelation.
No, there are not.

Revelation 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

This star was a church and it was believed to the the church at Smyrna where the Bishop Edmond was.

Yeah, right. Where do you derive this from?

During that time the forgiveness of sins was taken from God as false religion was charging man for it. People were beaten, whipped, and killed if they did not conform. The bible was taken from the public and forced to believe in "church doctrine" as gospel. The French Revolution in April 1793 shut down every church for 3.5 years because they were tired of how corrupt the religion in their country was.
What does this have to do with the book of Revelation?

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

During the "dark ages" the church was in hiding for almost 1,300 years because of these things.

There is a lot more detail, but I tried to give the short of it.

Sorry, but you are trying to read history into the Bible. That is a very subjective and questionable type of interpretation.

Revelation IS about the history of Jesus and the church from the the time of the last Apostle till the end of time.
Wrong. It is about the final victory of the Kingdom of God. It was a letter of encouragement written to churches. It is not about the church and the church is nowhere mentioned in the book of Revelation. Trying to read something into the text is an invalid means of interpretation.

That is what is keeping you from seeing what this book is all about. In the first chapter these verses lead us into what this book is about.

Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

v19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

This is about the history of the church.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Thus says the Lord, "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches/the assemblies." (Rev 2:7; 2:11; 2:17; 2:29; 3:6; 3:13; 3:22) If we cannot see this what can we see?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The history of the Church for the past 2000 so years for us, though, is past.

And frankly, the Church as a brand new institution was not what Jesus established. By reading our English translations, one would think Jesus came up with a brand new word when He said "church," but He didn't.

But what do you gain by knowing "the Church" yet not knowing Jesus?

Thus says the Lord, "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches/the assemblies." (Rev 2:7; 2:11; 2:17; 2:29; 3:6; 3:13; 3:22) If we cannot see this what can we see?

I see Jesus. Do you?

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I see Jesus. Do you?

I see Him individually, for He IS the Head. And I see Him in His fullness, "For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones." (Eph 5:30) "This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church/the assembly." (Eph 5:30) Sister, please don't get hung up on some idea of what "the church" constitutes it clearly states that those who are born again ARE MEMBERS OF HIS BODY, OF HIS FLESH, AND OF HIS BONES. Absolutely I see Jesus, do you?

I see Jesus. Do you?

I see Him individually, for He IS the Head. And I see Him in His fullness, "For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones." (Eph 5:30) "This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church/the assembly." (Eph 5:30) Sister, please don't get hung up on some idea of what "the church" constitutes it clearly states that those who are born again ARE MEMBERS OF HIS BODY, OF HIS FLESH, AND OF HIS BONES. Absolutely I see Jesus, do you?

Sure, and I get more out of looking for knowing Jesus out of reading Revelation than I do trying to figure out what it says about "Church history" or whatever else interpretation.

A Very Stern Warning

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

And I will give him the morning star.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Revelation 2:20-29

To Some Very Foolish Folk

And it came to pass after these things, that Naboth the Jezreelite had a vineyard, which was in Jezreel, hard by the palace of Ahab king of Samaria.

And Ahab spake unto Naboth, saying, Give me thy vineyard, that I may have it for a garden of herbs, because it is near unto my house: and I will give thee for it a better vineyard than it; or, if it seem good to thee, I will give thee the worth of it in money.

And Naboth said to Ahab, The LORD forbid it me, that I should give the inheritance of my fathers unto thee.

And Ahab came into his house heavy and displeased because of the word which Naboth the Jezreelite had spoken to him: for he had said, I will not give thee the inheritance of my fathers. And he laid him down upon his bed, and turned away his face, and would eat no bread.

But Jezebel his wife came to him, and said unto him, Why is thy spirit so sad, that thou eatest no bread?

And he said unto her, Because I spake unto Naboth the Jezreelite, and said unto him, Give me thy vineyard for money; or else, if it please thee, I will give thee another vineyard for it: and he answered, I will not give thee my vineyard.

And Jezebel his wife said unto him, Dost thou now govern the kingdom of Israel? arise, and eat bread, and let thine heart be merry: I will give thee the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite.

So she wrote letters in Ahab's name, and sealed them with his seal, and sent the letters unto the elders and to the nobles that were in his city, dwelling with Naboth.

And she wrote in the letters, saying, Proclaim a fast, and set Naboth on high among the people:

And set two men, sons of Belial, before him, to bear witness against him, saying, Thou didst blaspheme God and the king. And then carry him out, and stone him, that he may die.

And the men of his city, even the elders and the nobles who were the inhabitants in his city, did as Jezebel had sent unto them, and as it was written in the letters which she had sent unto them.

They proclaimed a fast, and set Naboth on high among the people.

And there came in two men, children of Belial, and sat before him: and the men of Belial witnessed against him, even against Naboth, in the presence of the people, saying, Naboth did blaspheme God and the king. Then they carried him forth out of the city, and stoned him with stones, that he died.

Then they sent to Jezebel, saying, Naboth is stoned, and is dead.

And it came to pass, when Jezebel heard that Naboth was stoned, and was dead, that Jezebel said to Ahab, Arise, take possession of the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite, which he refused to give thee for money: for Naboth is not alive, but dead.

And it came to pass, when Ahab heard that Naboth was dead, that Ahab rose up to go down to the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite, to take possession of it. 1 Kings 21:1-16

Are You Sure You Want To Apply That Passage To Today's Church? Even Thought It Seems To Fit So Many....

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I see Jesus. Do you?

Sure, and I get more out of looking for knowing Jesus out of reading Revelation than I do trying to figure out what it says about "Church history" or whatever else interpretation.

But you are limiting the purpose for the book. All that we are given through the scriptures is given to us for a reason. Remember, all scripture if for direction, correction, and instruction in righteousness and to have the incorrect understanding of scriptures also gives us incorrect application.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

I see Jesus. Do you?

But you are limiting the purpose for the book. All that we are given through the scriptures is given to us for a reason. Remember, all scripture if for direction, correction, and instruction in righteousness and to have the incorrect understanding of scriptures also gives us incorrect application.

Well said Deut31:12

But you are limiting the purpose for the book.

No, I am not. I've been immersed in this stuff for decades. I've had a lot of time and been through a lot of teaching and everything else to sift through and evaluate.

And I have heard many, many different views and interpretations.

All that we are given through the scriptures is given to us for a reason. Remember, all scripture if for direction, correction, and instruction in righteousness and to have the incorrect understanding of scriptures also gives us incorrect application.

Not denying that.