Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Has the Abomination of Desolation taken place yet?

There were two that happened. One happened on Dec 15th 168 BCE when the Syrians built a pagan alter int the temple and place an image of Zeus and 10 days later swine's flesh was offered on alter.

The second happened in 70 AD during the destruction of Jerusalem the Romans had walked into the temple.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

What do Rev. 4 and 5 have to do with the history of the "church"?

What do the judgments of God against the people of the world have to do with the "church"?

I never said that every single verses expresses the history of the church. It is the history of the church because it speaks of what happens in time only in reference to Christianity and religion on the world. It does not speak of politics in different nations, it doesn't speak of things happening in other nations on other subjects. It only speaks of those things that have to do with Christianity.

The people of God are the church. By the things that they were doing it was determined whether if God would remove their candlestick or not if the did not repent. So their actions could cause God not to recognize them as a church anymore.

Revelation 1: 19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

It was revealed unto John what was to be of the church in the future to come. 100 years after Jesus left the earth the church was already going into apostasy with the description of the seven churches of Asia. After describing what was in heaven and the seven seals, many churches did fall and eventually the church fled into the wilderness where it was in hiding during the dark ages because of all of the persecutions of man and false religion. A good chunk of Revelation from chapter 8-18 is speaking of what was going on during the "dark ages".

You are the one limiting yourself if this is how you read Rev. 2-18.

Prophecy is much more profound, has so many more levels, than this.

You need to be opened minded. I was being vague for a reason. If I went into all of the details that I have there would be a lot of reading, so I tried to generalize it.

And I disagree with your interpretation.

Jesus was born out of - came into this world through - Israel, not the church. So how could the woman be the church?

The people under the Jewish faith was considered to be married to God. We are not under the Jewish faith, we are under Christianity and are considered to be the bride of Christ. The people of God are still considered female. We are still considered the "woman" just like the Israelites. The Jewish faith during Christianity did not go into hiding. It was abolished. The church went into hiding.

Going onto chapter 20 we read about judgment day. Chapters 21 and 22 speak of being in heaven itself.

And that's all you see?

Like I said, you are the one who is limiting yourself.

Really, that's all you get out of reading Rev. 20-22?

No, there is a lot in these verses. What I limited was what I chose to write about at that time and had stated that if anybody wanted any explanations of anything thing that I would be willing to give it.

It was said correctly that there is no "code" to the understanding of the book. Just keep in mind that it is a revelation of the church and what happened to it after Jesus left the earth.

And what is the purpose of having a revelation of the church? Are we to worship the church?

You lack understanding in this. God chose to reveal to us what was going to us as to what was going to happen in the world as a result of Christianity being in the world. Also, what heaven was like, judgment day, and whatever else he chose to reveal.

Revelation starts out by addressing seven churches in Asia Minor.

After Jesus is described.

That is not being disputed, but if you feel it needs to be continually pointed out feel free.

It was a revelation of what was to occur from that time down the centuries to the end of the world.

You are limiting the revelation.

No, I limited what I chose to write to keep it simple.

There are other churches mentioned in Revelation.

Where?

Revelation 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

This star was a church and it was believed to the the church at Smyrna where the Bishop Edmond was.

:huh: And your believe this . . . why?

Certain history denotes it.

**Can't find what you are talking about via internet search**

During that time the forgiveness of sins was taken from God as false religion was charging man for it. People were beaten, whipped, and killed if they did not conform. The bible was taken from the public and forced to believe in "church doctrine" as gospel. The French Revolution in April 1793 shut down every church for 3.5 years because they were tired of how corrupt the religion in their country was.

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

During the "dark ages" the church was in hiding for almost 1,300 years because of these things.

There is a lot more detail, but I tried to give the short of it.

And some people interpret the 7 churches to represent 7 ages of the the church's history.

The Dark Ages begins with the Assembly (church) of Pyrgamos, mixing Scripture with heathenism in the 4th century. Etc.

Revelation 19:7-9 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Revelation IS about the history of Jesus and the church from the the time of the last Apostle till the end of time.

Revelation is a prophecy, not a history. History is written after the events take place.

But again, prophecy has much more depth than you are giving it credit for. There is more to Revelation than a timeline.

This prophecy turned to history after it happened.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Has the Abomination of Desolation taken place yet?

There were two that happened. One happened on Dec 15th 168 BCE when the Syrians built a pagan alter int the temple and place an image of Zeus and 10 days later swine's flesh was offered on alter.

The second happened in 70 AD during the destruction of Jerusalem the Romans had walked into the temple.

Right. And it will happen again.

Rev., I'm tired of being put down by you. And I am tired of having to defend myself against your pomp (yes, that is the attitude that comes through your writing).

And no one is understanding what you are referring to by the "other churches mentioned in Revelation." I fail to comprehend why you are not explaining it. I likewise still have no idea who this bishop of Smyrna is you referred to.

Your interpretation is being rejected because your claims against the Jews disregards the prophecies concerning them that are yet to be fulfilled (i.e. "They will look on Him whom they have pierced...."), and because you have treated what is spoken of the Lord as irrelevant.

There's no use in continuing the circles we are running around in.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Rev., I'm tired of being put down by you. And I am tired of having to defend myself against your pomp (yes, that is the attitude that comes through your writing).

And no one is understanding what you are referring to by the "other churches mentioned in Revelation." I fail to comprehend why you are not explaining it. I likewise still have no idea who this bishop of Smyrna is you referred to.

Your interpretation is being rejected because your claims against the Jews disregards the prophecies concerning them that are yet to be fulfilled (i.e. "They will look on Him whom they have pierced...."), and because you have treated what is spoken of the Lord as irrelevant.

Sister I pray you take this in the spirit of love it is intended. Maybe you should read back thru this thread & step back & examine your own heart & ask yourself what spirit you are exhibiting to your brothers & sisters in Christ. Your Sister in Him , Deb

Sister I pray you take this in the spirit of love it is intended. Maybe you should read back thru this thread & step back & examine your own heart & ask yourself what spirit you are exhibiting to your brothers & sisters in Christ. Your Sister in Him , Deb

Simply

I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them

Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom. Daniel 7:21-22

Jesus

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. Revelation 19:11-13

Whom Have I In Heaven But Thee

Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. Psalms 73:25

Thank You Lord Jesus For Your Holy Book

Great are thy tender mercies, O LORD: quicken me according to thy judgments. Psalms 119:156

And Thank You Israel For Your Blood And For Your Tears

Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

(Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. Hebrews 11:35-38

Dear LORD, Bless Your Brothers The Bible Bringers And Bless Their Brothers LORD, Bless Them

What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. Romans 3:1-2

I Love You LORD Jesus, I Love You

And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever. Revelation 5:11-1

Soon Beloved, Soon

Hallelujah~!

Maranatha~

gold dust -

I acknowledged I was responding out of defense.

ts not hard to know when John the Baptist's ministry began through the Scriptures and history. All I was saying is that it isn't hard to search out things using the tools, that is the Bible and all the things that have been recorded historically. Times and dates are not nearly as difficult as you would make it sound.....

Sometimes

The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Isaiah 40:3

It Seems The Holy Book

Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees.

Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.

Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.

Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.

nd the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.

And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein. Isaiah 35:3-8

Interlocks You See

For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. Matthew 3:3

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

In Revelation what do we believe, "The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand...are the angels of the seven churches" (Rev 1:20) represent, and why?

In Revelation what do we believe, "The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand...are the angels of the seven churches" (Rev 1:20) represent, and why?

Well

Seek the LORD, and ye shall live; lest he break out like fire in the house of Joseph, and devour it, and there be none to quench it in Bethel. Ye who turn judgment to wormwood, and leave off righteousness in the earth, Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name: Amos 5:6-8

Can

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. Revelation 1:16

You

The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. Revelation 1:20

Hear

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; Revelation 2:1

Him

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Revelation 3:1

Now

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, Revelation 1:1(a)