blessed22

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

No its not adultery because she is only legally married. Spiritually, she's already divorced and spirituality is all that matters

Could you please produce Scripture to support what you've said here? "Spiritually Divorced"? I'm not understanding your reasoning here. Are you a Christian?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

No its not adultery because she is only legally married. Spiritually, she's already divorced and spirituality is all that matters

I agree with Believer, about providing scripture concerning, "spiritual adultery" it is a subject or a doctrine IMO is one that I personally highly disagree with. Being that one's spirituality can protect us some how from scriptural instruction is perverting the gospel. If the law of the land says, you have to be legally divorced within the court system then you will be given a bill of divorcement it's from that time only will she be legally divorced. God told us to obey the laws of the land and she's got to have a biblical reason for wanting a divorce and this woman should in no way be entertaining another adult during this process for the woman or the man would be in the sin of adultery. Again the law of the court stands and the so called spirituality doesn't make any difference and it matters not if she is divorced in her heart she is still outwardly married and she should know this in the word. It goes on all the time where a man or woman is just waiting in the wings to snatch them up when the divorce is final and then they will get married doesn't make any one spiritual.

I believe in spirituality but my spirituality doesn't always keep me out of trouble and it will always be wrong to think I can engage in sin then rely on my own spirituality and say, that's all that matters. Sorry but I can't see it like you are viewing things if I have misunderstood please accept my apologies would wlcome more input.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1981

Hosea 4:1-3

1 Hear the word of the Lord, O people of Israel! The Lord has brought charges against you, saying:

"There is no faithfulness, no kindness, no knowledge of God in your land.

2 You make vows and break them; you kill and steal and commit adultery.

There is violence everywhere - one murder after another.

3 That is why your land is in mourning, and everyone is wasting away.

Even the wild animals, the birds of the sky, and the fish of the sea are disappearing.

What you are doing is indeed adultery because you are planning to pursue this relationship when the divorce is final. You are coming between a man and his wife, even if you do not really intend to. If you continue to spend time with her while she is in such a delicate position, and probably a delicate emotional state as well, you will be taking advantage of her. Don't play the role of knight in shining armor, and don't be her personal savior. Leave the rescuing of fair maidens to Jesus, he'll do a better job of it for certain. :)