• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/23/1986

Okay, so I have been been hanging out with this woman a few weeks. She has filed for divorce and is seperated from her "husband". However it isn't finalized yet. We have worked with each other for close to a year, just started hanging outside of work. We really click with each other. We havn't done anything sexual. Just enjoying each others conversation, helping each otehr Christmas shopping, etc.... So am i doing anything wrong here? Please give me a straight answer, you don't have to sugarcoat with me. I want honest replies. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to all!

Edit: wasn't sure where to post this question so i chose here, Mods if you feel it's out of place please move it.

Edited by blessed22

she's another man's wife, and you're hanging out with her, being buddies with her, and probably thinking about doing other things with her... and you're having to ask if that's wrong or not?

she's still married.

"separated" is a word that sugarcoats "marriage" and justifies inappropriate behaviour.

is it adultery? well, i don't know what kinds of things you've thought of doing with her. you haven't physically been sexual with her, but if you've thought about it, then you've already committed adultery in your heart.

Okay, so I have been been hanging out with this woman a few weeks. She has filed for divorce and is seperated from her "husband". However it isn't finalized yet. We have worked with each other for close to a year, just started hanging outside of work. We really click with each other. We havn't done anything sexual. Just enjoying each others conversation, helping each otehr Christmas shopping, etc.... So am i doing anything wrong here? Please give me a straight answer, you don't have to sugarcoat with me. I want honest replies. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to all!

Edit: wasn't sure where to post this question so i chose here, Mods if you feel it's out of place please move it.

If you're waiting for the divorce to be finalized before anything physical takes place, I would say yes, you are committing adultery in your heart.

If there are no thoughts whatsoever of any kind of sexual thing taking place between you two, then no, you are not committing adultery.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I would wait until everything in her divorce is final to really spend time with her just to the two of you.

Also you really want to be sure that you have no part to play at all in her ending her marriage. Maybe without you hanging around she might reconcile? Probably not but its better to be clear and clean on these sorts of things.

Peace and Merry Christmas.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/23/1986

I don't believe you have done anything yet that could be called adultery, but if you keep on seeing this woman, it will likely lead to adultery. Do you have any idea why she is getting a divorce? Was her husband cheating on her? Unless the divorce is because of she was cheated on, even if it becomes finalized, if she re-marries, it is considered adultery.

Yes she caught him cheaing on here several times and the guy may possibly have gotten another woman pregnant which is why she filed for the divorce. Also think your right, that if i continue to see her too much before its finalized it maylead to adultery. I appreciate the responses so far!

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Yes, get away from her immediately. How would you like it if someone were to do that with your wife? Would that be adultery? It would absolutely would. I can tell you this because I did the same with another woman and I regretted it big time. In that case as well the husband cheated on the wife three times. Yet I still have regret I ever hanged out with her. She was looking to me as an excuse to leave her husband.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I'm going to second the others; she is still married and is not free to have a relationship with you. It's obvious you've given this a lot of thought and it's bothering you. My advice is to back off, see her only at work until she's divorced and then see if anything develops. May the Lord guide you in this, brother.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

"There's many a slip betwixt the cup and the lip."

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Yes it is wrong. Furthermore, even if one day you could hook up with this woman, I have a feeling that she's going to dump you the same way. None is worth that aggravation.

There ARE women who might be worth the 'aggravation', my friend. Why wouldn't a woman dump an unfaithful husband?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Okay, so I have been been hanging out with this woman a few weeks.

She has filed for divorce and is separated from her "husband". However it isn't finalized yet...

I have always wondered how people say they have been hurt by a husband or wife (who usually say they were cheated on) yet before anything becomes finial, they find time to take up a causal relationship with someone else.. :blink:

You have got to realize that if she is doing this with you, sooner or later, if you marry her when the chips are down, she will probably respond the same way toward you. :o

We really click with each other. We haven't done anything sexual. Just enjoying each others conversation,

So am i doing anything wrong here?....

Yes,

Just because you haven't physically been with the woman, doesn't mean thoughts hasn't arise. My granny use to talk about how the 10th commandment is over looked, simply because of the word neighbor..(You shall not covet<ahttp://www.worthychristianforums.com/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png' alt=':('>to wish for longingly for that belongs to another)... your neighbors house, your neighbors wife, manservant, maidservant, ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that belongs to your neighbor. Granny said even if he lives 200 miles away from you and you are messing with anything thats his, even if its just a taste, then you are coveting.

The, "We really click with each other" tells me, there maybe a desire to have a relationship with this woman, and I'm not saying it in a sexual way, just a desire to have a connection in hope that she maybe the one for you. Men and woman when going through and get that click is headed for trouble. They tend to share their hurts and how great they are, where the one on the receiving end usually a great listener and have hoped to finding this special someone. Thats why there are so many marriages breaking up... sir, this woman is married and you should end the relationship.

Plus all separations do not end in divorce, that is a whole different thread.