IGNORED

Can anyone help? Need scripture on how God views us!

anitarose

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Hi...

Someone gave me a form of "homework" from church the other day. They want me to go through the Scripture and highlight/memorize the verses that state how God views me. Problem is, I tried to do a search through Bible Gateway and I guess I keep asking the wrong question because I'm not getting the verses I need. I know they are there, but I can't find them. Can someone put the verses up so I can print them out? I would really appreciate it. This has a lot to do with the problems I'm having and I guess I really need to see how God views me so I can learn how to trust Him more.

Thanks,

a.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/10/1956

Hi. I had a look to see what I could find on this. Like you I didn't find it easy to find what I thought I was looking for.

Then I found a list of verses which tell about how God sees us and wondered whether they were the kind of thing you need?

I hope it's of some help.

1 Peter 2:9

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light

Ephesians 1:4-5

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will

Hi. I had a look to see what I could find on this. Like you I didn't find it easy to find what I thought I was looking for.

Then I found a list of verses which tell about how God sees us and wondered whether they were the kind of thing you need?

I hope it's of some help.

1 Peter 2:9

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light

Ephesians 1:4-5

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—

Ephesians 2:10

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Colossians 2:13-14

When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.

John 1:12-13

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Galatians 4:6-7

Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

John 15:15

I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

Romans 5:1-2

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

Colossians 3:12

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Galatians 3:26-27

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Psalm 138:8

The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever—do not abandon the works of your hands.

Romans 8:14-15

because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

Colossians 3:3-4

For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

Ephesians 2:19

Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household,

1 Thessalonians 5:5

You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

Matthew 5:13

"You are the salt of the earth.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22

Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

1 John 3:1

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

Matthew 5:14

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden

1 Corinthians 3:16

Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?

Romans 6:18

You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

2 Corinthians 5:17-21

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; We are therefore Christ's ambassadors,

so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

1 Peter 2:5

you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:6

And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

In order to get a better understanding of our identity in Christ read through the book of Colossians and Psalm 139.

Edited by pearly163

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,393
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Hi...

Someone gave me a form of "homework" from church the other day. They want me to go through the Scripture and highlight/memorize the verses that state how God views me. Problem is, I tried to do a search through Bible Gateway and I guess I keep asking the wrong question because I'm not getting the verses I need. I know they are there, but I can't find them. Can someone put the verses up so I can print them out? I would really appreciate it. This has a lot to do with the problems I'm having and I guess I really need to see how God views me so I can learn how to trust Him more.

Thanks,

a.

I will try!

Lets start in Ps. 8

when you read this you will find that one must consider all the wonder that is in the world and that God has given it to us in dominion over it.

Then in Gen 1:26-27

God made us unlike all other beings for all eternity in His very Own Image. So much so in the fulfillment of all things we are called His Son's Bride...

and you know that the husband and wife relationship was the most intimate in all of creation till sin! Will again be restored in us by Christ with Christ...

Lk 12:6

Here is the deeping of God's infinite abilities and to know your worth exceeds all else by His keeping track every moment of the numbers of hairs that are on your head...

Rom 12:4-8

Speaks to us how when we realize how many people there are (billions) yet like our finger prints for all eternity there is not another like you! You are presently in a living body called Christ's church and with your unique gifts to be used in a way and fashion that not one of us in all those billions could reproduce but you yourself alone....

I have as a male looked upon Godly Women that such sight burnt into me this reality- I could not believe the goodness of God who selflessly created such wonder for man to call his own. Their wonder of being that exceeded all other things yet in heaven greater than this in newness without desription The Son which created all things "our Husband"... I fear to think of the wonders given us by the Love of the Son in the eternities coming... to value the lives around me as though my own and without the darkness of sin and hidden truths... Even though anitarose you are in heaviness now this future cannot be removed from you for it is kept by Christ who Has given Himself in The Person of The Holy Spirit as proof of His undying Love for all eternity.

Sit down in your heart and read the Prayer of The Son to The Father for YOU for in context it is to every believer .... Jn 17 most likely it is prayed with drops of blood flowing down with the sweat from His face...

Love Steven

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Thank you Steven....

Here's the issue: I have been so brokenhearted over so many issues and so many times that I have trouble trusting anyone, even God. I'm so afraid of being hurt over and over and over again that I put up walls and retaliate even before there's a problem. According to the person that gave me the "homework", apparantly I also tend to manipulate situations AND people into doing what I want instead of waiting for God to bless me. Most of my words are scattered with the words ME, MY, MINE, I....I think I have "I" trouble! :D

This also leads me in various areas that I really don't want to go into, just to do anything to find love and acceptance. I call attention to myself, say and do things that will bring attention to myself, and literally do ANYTHING to feel like I'm loved, wanted, accepted, cared for, and needed. I don't see myself the way God sees me. I only act and react out of my hurt and wounded spirit, and I don't know how to heal.

So if anyone really can help, I would really appreciate it. Even this message might be something that might call attention to myself; it's not intended to---it never is. It just comes out that way.

I'm also easily offended. Again it's not intended to be that way, it just comes out of my wounded and broken spirit.

Thanks, y'all.

Hi. I'm still on the case :-) I have a better idea now of the kind of scriptures you need to know in order to get a true picture of how God really sees you.

I still haven't found a site that gives exactly what I am looking for but I do hope the following helps...................................

You Are Precious To God, He Delights In You.

The Holy Spirit gave David a revelation that is the key to all deliverance. The key to your victory is in this verse. God delights in you. You are precious to him! In Psalms 18, David was rejoicing because the Lord had rescued him from his enemies

He sent from above, he took me, he drew me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity; but the Lord was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me." ps.18:16-17

Even tho the enemy had come in like a flood, David was able to say, "God came roaring forth to pull me out of the swirling waters. He rescued me from all my troubles!" He was able to say, "The reason God delivered me from all my enemies-from all my sorrows and the powers of hell-is because I am precious to him. My God delights in me!" "He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me."

Do you need deliverance, from lust, a temptation, or trial? Or from a problem that is mental, spiritual, emotional or physical, The key to your victory is in this verse. God delights in you. You are precious to him! In Song of Solomon, the Lord says of his bride, "How fair and how pleasant art thou, O Love, for delights!" Three of the Hebrew words in this verse are synonymous: fair, meaning, ;

Here's the issue: I have been so brokenhearted over so many issues and so many times that I have trouble trusting anyone, even God. I'm so afraid of being hurt over and over and over again that I put up walls and retaliate even before there's a problem. According to the person that gave me the "homework", apparently I also tend to manipulate situations AND people into doing what I want instead of waiting for God to bless me. Most of my words are scattered with the words ME, MY, MINE, I....I think I have "I" trouble! ....

Here Is A Few That With A Click You Can Hear

>>>>>()<<<<<

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Joe snagged mine:

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

I also thought of this:

Psa 66:10 For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.

11 Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins.

12 Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.

Which is not exactly what you were asking for, but may explain the goal the Lord has in mind for some of this stuff you're going through. There's also this:

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Hope that's a help.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Here is another good verse to consider:

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully [and] wonderfully made: marvellous [are] thy works; and [that] my soul knoweth right well (Psalm 139:14)

It seems to be helpful at least to me, to also try and focus on helping someone else, when my thoughts tend to drift toward self too much.

Joe snagged mine:

I also thought of this:

Psa 66:10 For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.

11 Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins.

12 Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.

Which is not exactly what you were asking for, but may explain the goal the Lord has in mind for some of this stuff you're going through. There's also this:

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Hope that's a help.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Matt 6: 25 "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

26 "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?

27 "And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?

28 "And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,

29 yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.

30 "But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!

31 "Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?'

32 "For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

34 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.