• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Most churches, when they build or buy a building, dedicate that building to the service of the Lord. It is to be used as a tool to spread the gospel. The building itself is not sacred, but the purpose of it is.

My home is a sacred place. It, my marriage and my family are dedicated to the service of our Lord.

I believe that that building, just like my home, is not to be used for any other purpose than to do His will. That doesn't mean that it can only be used for "church" services. There are many ways that a tool can be used to reach out to the community, but always in keeping with the purpose of the Great Commission.

Just as I would never allow anyone to come into my home and teach a false doctrine, so I do not believe any congregation should allow anyone to come into their 'Home" and teach anything contrary to the Word of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The glory - yes, that's it!

I take it you've never discovered the impact of having a particular place dedicated to entertaining the presence of the Lord, have you?

I have. It's called the World, or to be more precise the Universe.

Hmmmmm....no, you do not understand at all what I am speaking of.

This is what you are not understanding, amor.

Have you ever encountered THE GLORY? (And I put it in caps because when you encounter it, you can't describe it lightly.)

There is a lot of contention over Christian doctrine, and it would not be a light thing to allow someone to come into your church and teach something contrary to the beliefs your congregation holds. This however is far worse. We are talking about inviting people in to share the building who worship a false god. It reminds me of what Ezekiel was dealing with. Ezekiel 8:15,16

15 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, Oh Son of man? Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations then these.

16 And he brought me into the inner court of the Lord's house, and behold at the door of the Temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces towards the East, and they worshipped the sun towards the East.

We are talking about sharing what is supposed to be a Christian Church with idolators. I would question how Christian the church was in the first place, but I have to assume they at least had a pretense of worshipping the God of the Bible? They should know better. There are spirits behind the various false religions, and when people meet to worship Allah, Buddah, Dagon, Baal, etc., they are inviting those entities into the building. These people don't realize the seriousness of what they are doing in the name of promoting tolerance.