IGNORED

Rejecting Christ - The Point of No Return?

TXDisciple

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1981

When two people are married, can they live apart yet still be married? Yes, legally they are still married even though they live separate lives. So with the Lord, a person can chose to live separated yet remain married.

Sounds to me like this would be a better deal. Simply separate myself from God and fall back into a life of disobedience. I wouldn't have to worry about any repercussions because we're still married.

People often say this regarding the idea of eternal salvation...e.g. that one can just get saved, then go back to doing anything you want because you have free entry to Eternity with the Righteous....in truth it doesn't work this way, and someone who is born again and thinks like this very soon discovers the consequence of losing 'assurance'.

But I believe there is another aspect that is seldom taught, and that is when Believers that have walked through their faith on 'cruise control' and have followed the flesh rather than be led by the Spirit, come to the place of Judgment, where their works undergo the Holy Fire and virtually everything goes up in flames...nothing beautiful is evidenced...nothing that shows the extent of what the blood of Jesus has done for them....

I don't think that the judgment time of our works before the L-rd is going to be something to look forward to if a Believer has deliberately disdained the precious gift of salvation....that is why Jesus, Paul and the Apostles so urge the brethren to produce Holy Ghost fruit with their redeemed lives....we need to, 'work out our salvation with fear and trembling'.

Hebrews 6:11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence so as to realize the full assurance of hope until the end, 12 so that you will not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each man

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

When two people are married, can they live apart yet still be married? Yes, legally they are still married even though they live separate lives. So with the Lord, a person can chose to live separated yet remain married.

Sounds to me like this would be a better deal. Simply separate myself from God and fall back into a life of disobedience. I wouldn't have to worry about any repercussions because we're still married.

That sounds more like the person divorced the Lord.

When a married couple separates, they seldom stay true to their wedding vows. They are still married but acting as 2 separate entities. They see themselves as being single and eventhough they are still married, their separation gives them permission to see other people.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

People often say this regarding the idea of eternal salvation...e.g. that one can just get saved, then go back to doing anything you want because you have free entry to Eternity with the Righteous....in truth it doesn't work this way, and someone who is born again and thinks like this very soon discovers the consequence of losing 'assurance'.

But I believe there is another aspect that is seldom taught, and that is when Believers that have walked through their faith on 'cruise control' and have followed the flesh rather than be led by the Spirit, come to the place of Judgment, where their works undergo the Holy Fire and virtually everything goes up in flames...nothing beautiful is evidenced...nothing that shows the extent of what the blood of Jesus has done for them....

I don't think that the judgment time of our works before the L-rd is going to be something to look forward to if a Believer has deliberately disdained the precious gift of salvation....that is why Jesus, Paul and the Apostles so urge the brethren to produce Holy Ghost fruit with their redeemed lives....we need to, 'work out our salvation with fear and trembling'.

Hebrews 6:11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence so as to realize the full assurance of hope until the end, 12 so that you will not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work. 14 If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. 15 If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

"You must be born again" (Jn 3:7) I am my earthly father's son. Whether I am good, or whether I am bad I am my earthly father's son. If one is "born again" they are their Heavenly Father's child, whether good or bad. However, "He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy." (Pro 29:1) And, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption/ruin/destruction." (Gal 6:7-8a)

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men." (2Cor 510-11a)

On a personal note. One time I was in a situation where it seemed that death was imminent and I was filled with terror, not because I thought I was about to die, but because I thought I was about to be in the presence of the Lord. And my cry unto the Lord was, "OH, LORD, NOT LIKE THIS!!" Not referring to "how" I was about to die, but with respect to the condition I was in and believed I was about to meet Jesus face to Face. "Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

When a married couple separates, they seldom stay true to their wedding vows. They are still married but acting as 2 separate entities. They see themselves as being single and eventhough they are still married, their separation gives them permission to see other people.

True enough yet my grandparents were separated for over 40 years before my grandmother died and she never dated, slept with another man but felt God was her provider. My grandfather on the other hand....he did give her his black lung pension when he became eligible for it, my mom and her siblings supporter her also. Its all about the condition of the heart and where ones faith and strength are rooted to.

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

G646 apostasia defection from truth (properly, the state) ("apostasy").

Therefore, it strongly indicates someone who supported the truth, who then defected. This is rampart today, with the opposition to 'speaking in tongues'.