IGNORED

GRACE - It's more than a word, can the Bible define it?

Guest Xan

Carl,

To interpret I Corinthians' 3:15 the way you do is improper and contrary to the science of hermeneutics. Again, to interpret it the way you do one would have to divorce it from the context in which it was given.

Paul was dealing with the carnal nature of the Brethren in Corinth. He comments on how because they are carnal, he has not been able teach them, nor they to receive, what he refers to as the

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In review of all the posts given, there was not a scriptural, precept upon precept, line upon line, clarification of what grace "is."

Yet all admit it is what saves us . . . but from what????

Seems to me these should be some of the easiest questions for the the "saved" to answer.

Psm 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Pro 4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.

Pro 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Pro 16:16

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Will asked, "Yet all admit it is what saves us . . . but from what?"

You answered this question correctly on Apr.3rd-

"Salvation is from SIN".

:)

Thank you elect and GloryaRose for your responses.

GloryaRose, can you give scriptural and preceptual support for you multible grace definitions?

• Saving grace
  • Sanctifying grace
  • Healing grace
  • Enduring grace

Not that I disagree with your submittals,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Grace is God's glory extended to us at the expense of His Son.

Grace covers sin and delivers us from it.

Grace is POWER to overcome sin, to live in righteousness, to become like Christ.

Grace is not an excuse to live a sinful life.  If a person thinks grace is a license to sin, they don't understand grace.

Grace is God's glory extended to us at the expense of His Son.

Grace covers sin and delivers us from it.

Grace is POWER to overcome sin, to live in righteousness, to become like Christ.

Grace is not an excuse to live a sinful life.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Blindseeker,

I think you tend to complicate everything searching for specific scriptures.  The Bible outlines and explains grace throughout the scritures but it is not a dictionary.

Gen 6:8 Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

What did he find?  A way out of the flood that would destroy the whole world.

Grace is God's favor.  He favors His own and His grace saves us from destruction if we accept it.

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Ok, now we're talkin!

Grace is the God-given ability through Jesus Christ to overcome the sinfulness of the world.  We are made able to overcome through the power of Jesus Christ, that was given through acceptance and belief of His life, death, and resurrection, and recognizing that if we follow His Word and become submissive to Him, we have grace that only God gives.

Romans 5:17 For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)

5:20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

(When sin is great, grace reigns greater, grace makes us victorious, giving us the means to overcome the temptation of sin)

1 Cor. 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

That way of escape is the "grace" that is given through belief in Jesus Christ and His Power.

Those that deny that Power of escape are explained in 2 Timothy 3:5 1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

( I can't even type fast enough to get it all written, but Blind, I hope this is what you are referring to?)

In His Love,

Suzanne