Guest Tigershark

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

But, if we don't do it nobody will. Why wait for a call when we have a command. It is our job. So, you don't take any preachers word for how many they have won to Christ huh? Well, if I do the leading and God does the saving, I can still say I led someone to Christ, can't I? Whatever, we are mincing words for no real reason.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest C.D. Light
But, if we don't do it nobody will. Why wait for a call when we have a command. It is our job. So, you don't take any preachers word for how many they have won to Christ huh? Well, if I do the leading and God does the saving, I can still say I led someone to Christ, can't I? Whatever, we are mincing words for no real reason.

God leads, we follow.

John 6:44 jesus says.....no man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me DRAWS him, and I will raise him up at the last day

P.S. you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink. The "drinking" is accomplished by the holy spirit. We are just a bunch of words.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Light, the Bible speaks much of how we are to deal with other 'brothers'. There is a whole separate set of "rules" (if you will) for that - involving disputes, courts, love, etc.

So......God expects us to make judgements of who is saved and who isn't and we are to call the saved ones 'brother'. There are people in my life who I am quite sure, beyond any reasonable doubt, are saved. Treating everyone with suspicion and refusing to say for "sure" that someone is a brother doesn't seem Biblical to me.

Guest C.D. Light
Light, the Bible speaks much of how we are to deal with other 'brothers'. There is a whole separate set of "rules" (if you will) for that - involving disputes, courts, love, etc.

So......God expects us to make judgements of who is saved and who isn't and we are to call the saved ones 'brother'. There are people in my life who I am quite sure, beyond any reasonable doubt, are saved. Treating everyone with suspicion and refusing to say for "sure" that someone is a brother doesn't seem Biblical to me.

WIP--We can presume a person is saved and treat them as such, but I would  just never tell anyone they are saved. What if I am wrong, and they will seek no further, but rely on what I have told them?  Do you see my point?

cd

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Yes, I do.  :cool2:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Hi Lana!

And Mordecai told them to answer Esther: "Do not think in your heart that you will escape in the king's palace any more than all the other Jews. For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"  Esther 4:13,14

I love these election discussions! When we have grasped all that is possible for our minds to understand, how much of God is still left?

If we don't do it, somebody will! But, Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."