• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1990

Check this out! If anyone has heard of those "chan" imageboards, the collective group of people known as "Anonymous" has had enough of the foolish rantings of Westboro and has delivered an Ultimatum.

Read the letter here My link

First part goes like this:

AN OPEN LETTER FROM ANONYMOUS

February 16, 2011

TO THE CONGREGANTS OF WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH:

"We, the collective super-consciousness known as ANONYMOUS - the Voice of Free Speech & the Advocate of the People - have long heard you issue your venomous statements of hatred, and we have witnessed your flagrant and absurd displays of inimitable bigotry and intolerant fanaticism. We have always regarded you and your ilk as an assembly of graceless sociopaths and maniacal chauvinists & religious zealots, however benign, who act out for the sake of attention & in the name of religion.

Being such aggressive proponents for the Freedom of Speech & Freedom of Information as we are, we have hitherto allowed you to continue preaching your benighted gospel of hatred and your theatrical exhibitions of, not only your fascist views, but your utter lack of Christ-like attributes. You have condemned the men and women who serve, fight, and perish in the armed forces of your nation; you have prayed for and celebrated the deaths of young children, who are without fault; you have stood outside the United States National Holocaust Museum, condemning the men, women, and children who, despite their innocence, were annihilated by a tyrannical embodiment of fascism and unsubstantiated repugnance. Rather than allowing the deceased some degree of peace and respect, you instead choose to torment, harass, and assault those who grieve. "

The "chan" boards may be very very off kilter most of the time (Ok, about ALL of the time!), but it is pretty bad when even they can't stomach it! Read the rest on the link!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think people should be anonymous in their condemnation of the tactics of this "church". It may send a stronger message, if people were not 'anonymous'. I'm speaking more of public figures and others. It seems as though the strategy is 'ignore them and they'll go away'... I don't think that's working at all. At the same time, I think they thrive on publicity so - maybe that's why the ignore strategy.... :noidea:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

It would be a lot more scary with proper grammar. They (or 'he') sound(s) like ALMOST as big a nut case as the Westboro people........

Guest TheChief

I don't think people should be anonymous in their condemnation of the tactics of this "church". It may send a stronger message, if people were not 'anonymous'. I'm speaking more of public figures and others. It seems as though the strategy is 'ignore them and they'll go away'... I don't think that's working at all. At the same time, I think they thrive on publicity so - maybe that's why the ignore strategy.... :noidea:

The reason they are called "Anonymous" is because there are more than one mind behind the postings. Kinda hard to explain honestly.

I agree that more people need to speak out against them. Ignoring them will just make them feel self important.

Edit: Did not see Chief logged in. This is Silver Shadow

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Vigilantes are never good, anywhere....

Vigilantes are never good, anywhere....

:thumbsup:

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. John 18:36

Guest -RadicalMan-

Saw this a couple of days ago...thanks for the heads up Silver! Tho i totally disagree with Westboro, violence against them is equally not acceptable.

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/10/1990

It seemed interesting when I saw it. Usually, the people who wrote the note would be all for what the WBC is doing.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

i wouldn't be surprised at all if westbro themselves set this up just to get more attention and shock value.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/21/1984

I've been following their actions for some time (yes, it's a group). I hope that if anyone can stop the monsters of WBC, it'd be them.

Edited by carmely