Fez

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  844
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  11

I spent two years debating Catholics on their beliefs. Not once did a single Catholic give up their belief based on anything I offered. They, as I said, have reasons for what they believe. Neither you nor I are going to change anyone's beliefs.

I was told once that I was instrumental in changing someone's beliefs when they turned away from Catholicism.

It can and does happen.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/21/1977

Papal Bull.

Marian veneration encyclicals.

Pegan Roman Mithraism cloaked with the mantel of Christ.

Semiramis. Isis. Diana. Ishtar/Ester\Easter, Mary. All titled Queen of Heaven.

The Holy Roman Empire. neither Holy or Roman, like the Federal Reserve is not a Federal agency nor does it contain any reserves.

'Ole E-Dog is on the ball.

sola scriptura. sola fide. sola gratia. solus christus. soli deo gloria.

Edited by Botanist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  844
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  11

Papal Bull.

Marian veneration encyclicals.

Pegan Roman Mithraism cloaked with the mantel of Christ.

Semiramis. Isis. Diana. Ishtar/Ester\Easter, Mary. All titled Queen of Heaven.

The Holy Roman Empire. neither Holy or Roman, like the Federal Reserve is not a Federal agency nor does it contain any reserves.

'Ole E-Dog is on the ball.

sola scriptura. sola fide. sola gratia. solus christus. soli deo gloria.

I think I'm offically going to change my name to Ol' E-Dog.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

With Love.

I stated at the beginning of this topic, to which I have received reasoned and seasoned answers, and learned a lot, as Ole E-dog :laugh: has (with his usual logic - at which I sometimes just stand back and applaud), has stated, you cannot go to an official Catholic site to get answers, just explanations, but if it turns into a slanging match against Catholics, I will have it closed. (I mangled that sentence, but it is late and I am tired, so forgive me, I don't have the energy to correct it)

I have something I am trying to learn here.

And we are to Love......

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

OldEnglishSheepdog:

The Council of Trent is an Ecumenical Council and therefore offical Catholic Doctrine, and in its Canons in no uncertain terms all Protestants are damned to hell. These Canons were affirmed in the most recent Ecumenical Council. It also condemns to hell anyone who sympathises with Protestants. It does so under the claim of inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

Complete myth.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church is the official text of the teachings of the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church in no way teaches that all Protestants are damned to hell. It does not condemn to hell anyone who sympathizes with Protestants. This is completely untrue. This was discussed, in detail, many times on the forums I attended in the past. You have only served to verify my point further; ask only a qualified Catholic about Catholicism. Or read their Catechism.

Please read carefully, direct from the Catholic Catechism:

Wounds to unity

817 In fact, "in this one and only Church of God from its very beginnings there arose certain rifts, which the Apostle strongly censures as damnable. But in subsequent centuries much more serious dissensions appeared and large communities became separated from full communion with the Catholic Church - for which, often enough, men of both sides were to blame."269 The ruptures that wound the unity of Christ's Body - here we must distinguish heresy, apostasy, and schism270 - do not occur without human sin:

Where there are sins, there are also divisions, schisms, heresies, and disputes. Where there is virtue, however, there also are harmony and unity, from which arise the one heart and one soul of all believers.271

818 "However, one cannot charge with the sin of the separation those who at present are born into these communities [that resulted from such separation] and in them are brought up in the faith of Christ, and the Catholic Church accepts them with respect and affection as brothers . . . . All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church."272

819 "Furthermore, many elements of sanctification and of truth"273 are found outside the visible confines of the Catholic Church: "the written Word of God; the life of grace; faith, hope, and charity, with the other interior gifts of the Holy Spirit, as well as visible elements."274 Christ's Spirit uses these Churches and ecclesial communities as means of salvation, whose power derives from the fullness of grace and truth that Christ has entrusted to the Catholic Church. All these blessings come from Christ and lead to him,275 and are in themselves calls to "Catholic unity."276

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Sorry folks,

This isn't going to turn into a Catholic Apologetics discourse.:thumbsup:

Closed.

peace,

Dave