• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Lawsuit, churches aside, these are private property, you should not be taxed on a car driving/parking on your own private property!

almost private property:

I can't say about the town the tax occurs in, but, Here in my town the area from my front lawn to the street is still owned by the city. That means my front sidewalk and driveway apron are owned by the city.

If i understood the article correctly, they are charging a fee/taxing folks for driving over the easement portion of the driveway....which is really bad because you are responsible for the upkeep of this area even though the city owns it...presumably because they allow you to use it. Thats why the mayor of that town called it a " fee " instead of a tax.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

:taped::taped::rolleyes::rolleyes::taped::taped:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Lawsuit, churches aside, these are private property, you should not be taxed on a car driving/parking on your own private property!

almost private property:

I can't say about the town the tax occurs in, but, Here in my town the area from my front lawn to the street is still owned by the city. That means my front sidewalk and driveway apron are owned by the city.

If i understood the article correctly, they are charging a fee/taxing folks for driving over the easement portion of the driveway....which is really bad because you are responsible for the upkeep of this area even though the city owns it...presumably because they allow you to use it. Thats why the mayor of that town called it a " fee " instead of a tax.

I think that's the case pretty much everywhere, H.P. I don't see how a city can tax a church based on attendance though. Time for a good lawyer.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

almost private property:

I think that's the case pretty much everywhere, H.P. I don't see how a city can tax a church based on attendance though. Time for a good lawyer.

I agree