IGNORED

Tangible evidence of God

MeCajunboy

Know

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

Him

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11

_________

______

___

God does not reveal himself to man, and one sided conversations have never and will never be considered a personal relationship with anything - let alone God, the creator of the Universe.

God is great and powerful. He is not waking up with a billion people every morning to help regulate their lives.

Well

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

To Know Him

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

Is To Love Him

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, 2 Peter 1:2

And I Do

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: Deuteronomy 6:4-6

How About You?

Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame. 1 Corinthians 15:34

_________

______

___

Be Aware

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22

Believe

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:17-18

Love, Joe

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Good grief! If you want tangible evidence of God just pick up a bible!

This is circular reasoning. You need tangible evidence before you can believe the Bible.

God requires faith. There is no way to have tangible evidence of Him. If God had a tangible evidence, then

you would not be free to choose Him or reject Him.

I believe this now and I believed that when I was a Christian.

circular reasoning... :noidea:

Tangible evidence of God.... YOU ARE ALIVE!!!! :cool:

We are free to choose Him with or with out tangible evidence.

"I believe this now and I believed that when I was a Christian." past tense was aren't you still?

Going by that logic i could believe in the pink unicorn who lives in my backyard. Anyone can choose to believe anything they want, no matter how absurd. Being alive is not evidence of God, not when there are thousands of alternate explanations. If God was tangible their wouldn't be a need for faith.

one point about your last sentence. are you saying that you think 'the faith' is belief in God? if so, you are very mistaken. according to scripture, the demons believe in God, plus they understand about Jesus. the faith is not about whether we believe in God. i doubt God could care less who believes in Him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,316
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Good grief! If you want tangible evidence of God just pick up a bible!

This is circular reasoning. You need tangible evidence before you can believe the Bible.

God requires faith. There is no way to have tangible evidence of Him. If God had a tangible evidence, then

you would not be free to choose Him or reject Him.

I believe this now and I believed that when I was a Christian.

circular reasoning... :noidea:

Tangible evidence of God.... YOU ARE ALIVE!!!! :cool:

We are free to choose Him with or with out tangible evidence.

"I believe this now and I believed that when I was a Christian." past tense was aren't you still?

Going by that logic i could believe in the pink unicorn who lives in my backyard. Anyone can choose to believe anything they want, no matter how absurd. Being alive is not evidence of God, not when there are thousands of alternate explanations. If God was tangible their wouldn't be a need for faith.

one point about your last sentence. are you saying that you think 'the faith' is belief in God? if so, you are very mistaken. according to scripture, the demons believe in God, plus they understand about Jesus. the faith is not about whether we believe in God. i doubt God could care less who believes in Him.

Where we are in His creation is enough evidence to know that He is and so He, God, says so Rom 1 but "tangible" I guess your surroundings are not tangible???? Love Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,316
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God does not reveal himself to man, and one sided conversations have never and will never be considered a personal relationship with anything - let alone God, the creator of the Universe.

God is great and powerful. He is not waking up with a billion people every morning to help regulate their lives.

My Father is envolved with every life since His first created Adam till you and I and then others His Grace permits... Love Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

Are you really looking for tangible evidence of Yahweh's existence, or are you looking for a more tangible evidence of His love to be revealed to you in a way that make sense to you?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/06/1953

"Tangible" to whom? My experience was tangible to me, but would not convince a skeptic. Many tangible experiences can be interpreted either way, it seems to me that almost always it comes down to making the choice to believe.

I am an alcoholic, many years sober now. When drinking and drugging, I was your average arrogant 'intellectual' atheist. No evidence was adequate to meet my standards. However, my life was garbage, and getting worse, not better. Finally in desperation I found enough humility to ask other alcoholics who had got sober how they did it, and to help me.

Among other things, they told me to pray. I objected that I didn't believe in God. They said, we didn't ask your opinion, we told you to pray. So I tried, very puny and paltry praying it was, and not sincere at all. However, I didn't drink, and for the first time in years felt a bit of hope! After almost a year, I suddenly realized I was still sober, and the only thing of real significance that had changed was that I prayed, and kept praying. My life was getting better, not falling apart. That was tangible evidence to me, and the beginning of real faith, and more sincere prayer.

I took a false pride in being an atheist, rather enjoyed people of faith submitting evidence to me that I could sit in judgment of, felt superior in belittling their evidence. God sometimes provides dramatic evidence, obviously He can if He chooses. But I think God wants us to choose Him because we want Him.

Guest SDGS

I logged out weeks ago and stopped participating. I read here now and then, and now something caught my eye that disturbs me and i have to ask.

To me, I really think God has reveal Himself though the nation of Israel. First He help to established it as a nation. Then twice in history He disporse it. The first time He disporse the two Kingdoms of Israeal and Judah for idoratry, Israel was conquer and disporse by the Assyrians, and Judah by Babylon. And seventy years after the Kingdom of Judah destruction they became a Kingdom again. Than because they rejected Jesus as Saviour this nation ceased to exist for nearly 2000 years. But God restore then as a nation about 60 years ago. I always think to myself how could a nation cease to exist for nearly 2000 years, but than become a nation again, only by the power of God.

You say that God Himself made Israel a nation again 60 years ago. Israel came to be because when the war ended and the camps were liberated, those Jews literally had nothing. Nowhere to go, nothing. They wanted to return to their original lands and it was given to them.

For this to happen, that war had to be fought. Are you saying that the most horrific thing I can even think of, the Holocaust, was something that God did, in order to bring Israel home to their original land? That God caused millions of Jews to die, in so horrific a way, to set up the new nation of Israel?

I am not trying to cause argument, but that is how I took what you said, and genuinely would like to hear an explanation.

eta - I expect the answer to be "God fulfilled prophecy, but you said " But God restore then as a nation about 60 years ago. " (misspellings yours) You said that God restored Israel. How do you account for the Holocaust?

Edited by SDGS

Guest shiloh357

I logged out weeks ago and stopped participating. I read here now and then, and now something caught my eye that disturbs me and i have to ask.

To me, I really think God has reveal Himself though the nation of Israel. First He help to established it as a nation. Then twice in history He disporse it. The first time He disporse the two Kingdoms of Israeal and Judah for idoratry, Israel was conquer and disporse by the Assyrians, and Judah by Babylon. And seventy years after the Kingdom of Judah destruction they became a Kingdom again. Than because they rejected Jesus as Saviour this nation ceased to exist for nearly 2000 years. But God restore then as a nation about 60 years ago. I always think to myself how could a nation cease to exist for nearly 2000 years, but than become a nation again, only by the power of God.

You say that God Himself made Israel a nation again 60 years ago. Israel came to be because when the war ended and the camps were liberated, those Jews literally had nothing. Nowhere to go, nothing. They wanted to return to their original lands and it was given to them.

For this to happen, that war had to be fought. Are you saying that the most horrific thing I can even think of, the Holocaust, was something that God did, in order to bring Israel home to their original land? That God caused millions of Jews to die, in so horrific a way, to set up the new nation of Israel?

I am not trying to cause argument, but that is how I took what you said, and genuinely would like to hear an explanation.

eta - I expect the answer to be "God fulfilled prophecy, but you said " But God restore then as a nation about 60 years ago. " (misspellings yours) You said that God restored Israel. How do you account for the Holocaust?

The restoration of Israel as a nation is the fulfilmnet of a plethora of prophecies. In fact, if you study the history of Israel's restoration, the nations who granted it in 1947 fully expected Israel to be wiped by the Arabs who declared war on Israel one day after Israel declared statehood. Israel singlehandely defeated 6 Arab nations outnumbered 100 to 1 without the benefit of air cover. The War College of West Point Military Academy will not study Israel's three main wars (1948, 167, and 1973) because in each case, the outcomes (Israel's victories) cannot be explained militarily.

As for the holocaust, there is no need to account for it. We live in a broken world and many nations stood by knowing exactly what Hitler was doing. No one cared.

The holocaust was not God's doing, nor was it the cause of Israel's rebirth. God brought the nation forth out of the ashes of the holoscaust, but it was man's oppression of his fellow man and the general moral indifference of the international community that allowed Hitler's madness to continue.

Guest SDGS

Thanks for answering. I never believed that God caused the Holocaust just to restore the nation of Israel, but took it that way in the post I quoted.

The Israelis have fought for their existence and I support them. This country has been quietly sending them weapons and money since their beginning. Well, until Obama came and messed that up.

There is a movie called Raid On Entebbe, you might like. It shows a lot of how Israel has managed to keep their land.

I can't begin to explain the hows and whys. I was just disturbed by what I perceived as "God caused the Holocaust", and there are pastors out there who preach that. I don't listen to them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  844
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  11

Thanks for answering. I never believed that God caused the Holocaust just to restore the nation of Israel, but took it that way in the post I quoted.

The Israelis have fought for their existence and I support them. This country has been quietly sending them weapons and money since their beginning. Well, until Obama came and messed that up.

There is a movie called Raid On Entebbe, you might like. It shows a lot of how Israel has managed to keep their land.

I can't begin to explain the hows and whys. I was just disturbed by what I perceived as "God caused the Holocaust", and there are pastors out there who preach that. I don't listen to them.

I think something that gets lost is that God reconciles all things to His will.

If not for the atrocities committed against them, the world may never have experienced the momentary twinge of conscious that lead to the British signing over the land (even if less than 20% of what was promised actually was handed over).

It's not that God causes evil, it's that despite evil He's still in control and uses the worst and still makes it turn out.