• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

In response to MelodyCat.

An apostate isn't a false teacher or false prophet, and it doesn't imply backslidding or heresy.

True enough the difference between a False Teacher/Prophey who is Apostate and one who isn't is that the Apostate had a faith in the first place.

Sorry I was thinking of those who had a faith and has fallen away and still teaching and preaching the Word of God.

I didn't actually write that in my post. I was thinking that but it didn't get to my fingers and through the keyboard. I'm doing that more and more these days. Thinking something but not making sure I had communicated it with everything else I have said. My apologies.

People be nice to Old people because you are going to get old too one day (if the rapture and tribulation don't come too soon for your aging). For me it is too late I'm already there and now I understand why my grandparents often forgot where they left things.

There are False teachers and preachers who are Apostate and there is no hope for them coming back to Repentance. Sad but true. That is what we are told. Best not to fall away.

Look again at the list of apostates and what an apostate is. A false teacher isn't apostate until their religion is abandoned and then accept another religion. Apostasy isn't false teaching, heresy, or backslidding! You can't remain within the same religion and be an apostate!

Correct.

Look again at the list of apostates and what an apostate is. A false teacher isn't apostate until their religion is abandoned and then accept another religion. Apostasy isn't false teaching, heresy, or backslidding! You can't remain within the same religion and be an apostate!
Anything other than Jesus Christ and Him Crucified is a false religion - another religion - no matter what you may call yourself. Being a Christian is having a relationship with Christ, not following a bunch of rules and regulations. Knowing Christ without the Cross leaves you lost. Not believing that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God leaves you lost. Thinking that parts of God's Word are no longer relevant or applicable leaves you lost. If you once believed these things and have since turned your back on them, believing in something else, then you are apostate. You are backslidden when you stop having a personal relationship with Christ in order to do your own thing. You're stilled saved. You are not free to sin without consequences; but you will enter heaven "as through fire." An apostate person knows the Truth, never fully accepting it and therefore never saved to begin with. But they have now made the conscious choice to believe and follow something or someone else as the truth. It does apply to the Church in this Age; it is happening now, right before our eyes. Some just refuse to see.

Title: Louis Armstrong - Let's Call The Whole Thing Off

Artist: Louis Armstrong Lyrics

Things have come to a pretty pass,

Our romance is growing flat,

For you like this and the other

While I go for this and that,

Goodness knows what the end will be

Oh I don't know where I'm at

It looks as if we two will never be one

Something must be done:

Chorus - 1

You say either and I say either, You say neither and I say neither

Either, either Neither, neither, Let's call the whole thing off.

You like potato and I like potahto, You like tomato and I like tomahto

Potato, potahto, Tomato, tomahto, Let's call the whole thing off

But oh, if we call the whole thing off Then we must part

And oh, if we ever part, then that might break my heart

So if you like pyjamas and I like pyjahmas, I'll wear pyjamas and give up

pyajahmas

For we know we need each other so we , Better call the whole off off

Let's call the whole thing off.

Chorus - 2

You say laughter and I say larfter, You say after and I say arfter

Laughter, larfter after arfter, Let's call the whole thing off,

You like vanilla and I like vanella, You saspiralla, and I saspirella

Vanilla vanella chocolate strawberry, Let's call the whole thing off

But oh if we call the whole thing of then we must part

And oh, if we ever part, then that might break my heart

So if you go for oysters and I go for ersters, I'll order oysters and cancel

the ersters

For we know we need each other so we, Better call the calling off off,

Let's call the whole thing off.

Chorus - 3

I say father, and you say pater, I saw mother and you say mater

Pater, mater Uncle, auntie, let's call the whole thing off.

I like bananas and you like banahnahs, I say Havana and I get Havahnah

Bananas, banahnahs Havana, Havahnah, Go your way, I'll go mine

So if I go for scallops and you go for lobsters, So all right no contest we'll

order lobseter

For we know we need each other so we, Better call the calling off off,

Let's call the whole thing off. :emot-highfive: