• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The Great Apostasy: Lost Forever

An apostate soul is lost forever. There is an abundance of Biblical proof that shows anyone that apostatizes cannot repent – and even stronger – has been given a reprobate mind and will not repent. The Greek word apostasionmeans a divorcement. The apostate person has divorced the truth of God and has been divorced by the Holy Spirit. They are lost forever. There is a multitude in today's church, which are so captured by the watered down message that they refuse to even believe "plain truths" from the Holy Scripture.

Please consider what is evident in the very term apostate. We are not discussing someone going back into sin or simply ceasing to walk with the Lord. That is backsliding and we see a clear picture of that in the prodigal son in chapter fifteen of Luke. He left the Father's House and wandered far from home, but he came to himself and returned. I have often said that there is a little of the prodigal in every one of us. We have all had to repent because we failed to be fully obedient. This state of a soul has no real kinship to apostasy.

Apostate people are more religious than the true saints. They have departed from the great principles and established doctrines of the Holy Bible and are committed to guaranteeing that everybody else does the same. Apostasy is a departure from truth while being convinced that they have discovered greater truths. It is the replacement of the eternal truth with religious human imagination. The book, The God Chasers, by Tommy Tenney is an excellent case in point. He states that the Bible is where God has been and the new revelation is where God is now at work. Rick Warren is clearly at the same point. He has replaced the Born Again life by the Holy Ghost with a "purpose driven life" of psychological relativisms.

In the apostate world there are many paths to God, and Jesus Christ is only one of them. The absolute teaching of Jesus Christ about an eternal Hell and eternal Lake of Fire is now to simply lie in the grave and fail to enjoy God forever. The Bible can be pen-knifed by the apostate church and almost every truth can have varied meanings. Separated living is a relic of the past and the Christian is free of all restraints in the Ten Commandments, etc. A ballgame on Sunday night is just as spiritual to this company as a great sermon from God's eternal truth. Romance music has replaced the music that lifts the spirit of man into the Holy of Holies, where God's Spirit sanctifies and purifies the soul.

The Holy Bible warned us of this End Time phenomenon. The most powerful Scripture about apostasy is in the great book of Hebrews. This passage has been almost ignored by most Bible teachers because it upsets their weak theology."And this will we do, if God permit. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall "Fall Away," to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame" (Hebrews 6:3-6).

Apostle Paul does not just suggest the end results; he proclaims without question that this state of apostasy cannot repent. Please note the words, "fall away," which identifies the apostate person and states that they were once partakers of the Holy Ghost, were once enlightened, and had tasted the Word of God and the world to come. But, now, they have turned from all of that great life and cannot return to their former spiritual state. The term"fall away" is from a unique Greek word that applies to the person that is part of the "falling away" or "apostasia"we see in II Thessalonians chapter two, verse three.

The prophecy of II Thessalonians is a clear companion to the truth in Hebrews. As the apostle writes about the coming Antichrist and the Day of Christ, he warns us of the "falling away." "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God" (II Thessalonians 2:3-4).

Again, we see "falling away" from the two Greek words, apostasia and apostasion. These are very religious persons who have turned to "another gospel." They did not love the pure word of God and were wise in the flesh to create their own theology. They watered down the truth to draw the crowds into their great fold. And, then, they must keep compromising to keep the crowds.

The Holy Ghost takes the apostle right down to the fine point of what the results will be, "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness" (II Thessalonians 2:7-12).

God's omniscient Spirit warns them that He will give them"strong delusion," and "that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned." It is not the truth that saves the soul. The world is full of people that know the Bible. Many souls study the Bible just to argue their deception more successfully. It is the "love of the truth" that saves the soul. Now, we are discovering the real heart of apostasy. It is to reject the truth for error and our highly intellectual church world is fulfilling this prophetic design to a tee.

There is clear evidence that this condition of apostasy is blasphemy against the Holy Ghost. The Spirit of Truth is absolutely the Holy Ghost. To reject truth, to change truth, to water down truth is to grieve, quench, and blaspheme the Spirit. The whole matter of apostasy is the forsaking of truth. The Holy Ghost inspired every Bible writer and they wrote as "they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (II Peter 1:21). There is no way you can blaspheme Him more readily than when you attack His revelation. From Moses, the writer of the Pentateuch, to John, the writer of the Book of Revelation, the Bible is the pure Word of God.

The final proof of apostasy is found in Revelation chapter twenty-two. The Spirit said, "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book" (Revelation 22:18-19). When you alter the Bible, you are an apostate person and will be eternally lost.

Joseph R. Chambers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I SO agree, Littlelambs; we all have to guard against the 'many paths to Heaven' nonsense. If it's not Scripture, it's a lie. It's horrible to contemplate the untold millions who will perish while believing they're Christians. :(

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

As soon as I read this, I felt a check in my spirit, I felt a Judge. A person who puts themselves on Gods throne and Judges those that he deems to be unworthy of heaven. So I checked on the theology of the two men he mentioned and looked into him, and his ministry as well. Tommy Tenney does not belive in the Trinity. Okay I would disagree with that. Rick Warren Has some people who do not like some things in his book of which I somewhat agree with, but again since I have never read the whole book I am not going to comment as I have seen people take things out of context with the authors words. However the Author of the Article is on a witch hunt. Well we'll call him on an "Apostate" Hunt.. here are some of his beliefs right from his own church website

Bold are my comments.

The KJV is Infallible. *hmm his opionion*

The NIV translation is a conditioner for turning the church world into the Whore Church *His word's exactly Whore Church!*

APOSTASY is the blaspheming of the Holy Ghost and cannot be forgiven. *he now knows something the Bible never really defines.*

*Rock Music and Romance Contemporary Music is a destroyer of the great truths of the Holy Bible and is usually one of the first signs of the Apostate Church spirit. *So since I listen to Christian Rock Music I am going to hell.*

The Devil Can Do Nothing Unless We Allow It *Unless WE? allow it? How about unless the LORD allows it? See Job!!!*

Drugs, Alcohol, Unclean Habits are Caused by Unclean Spirits *So wait, sin is not our fault?? Is that not what he accuses Paster Warren of saying?*

So after all this research, I would steer clear of his teaching which is very much out of line with the Word of God and full of hate and anger and rage!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Joseph R. Chambers

Sorry Mr Chambers but my Lord keeps His Children by the power of His Own Hand, His Right Hand, the Same Hand that upholds His Son Jesus Christ

John 10:25-30

25 Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe,

because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life (?????except for those who turn away??????) , and they shall never perish (?????except for those who turn away??????); neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.(?????except for those who turn away??????) 29 My Father, who has given them to Me (?????except for those who turn away??????), is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. (?????except for those who turn away??????) 30 I and My Father are one."

NKJV

John 17:9-13

9 "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me (?????except for those who turn away??????), for they are Yours. 10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them (?????except for those who turn away??????). 11 Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are (?????except for those who turn away??????). 12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost ahhha except the son of perdition (?????except for those who turn away??????), that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

NKJV

Scripture must be taken in as a whole and one must balance the whole... These here cannot be those there and those there cannot be these here... therefore there is a division that must be learned and if we humble ourselves and seek the Truth for it must be of more worth to us than all else He will reveal it to us! I would rather live in the truth of God than to live one more day in a lie!!!!

Who were these apostates??? and why... one undeniable truth

1 John 2:18-21

18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us. 20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things. 21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

NKJV

Love Steven

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

You said that apostasy is a condition. If I had to pick a word to describe it I would say it's a conversion.

There may be some misunderstanding about the word impossible in Hebrews 6:4. I looked at the word and it's primary meaning is...

1) without strength, impotent, powerless, weakly, disabled

http://www.bluelette...ongs=G102&t=KJV

I read the OP and can't cover it all. Apostasy isn't a condition because it means to go from one thing to another. According to the definition of the word apostasia it's not a backslidden or lukewarm condition. The reason why people assume that, and the idea that apostasia applies to the church is because that's what they've been taught.

Falling away is a poor interpretation of the word apostasia

Apostasy is not being lukewarm or backsliden. It actually has nothing to do with spiritual condition of a church or lack of devotion of an individual. It is not false doctrine or heresy and it will have nothing to do with the endtime church. The church is nowhere implied in the text. There is no scripture that implies that the church will supposedly "apostasize" from christianity to the religion of the beast and welcome the man of sin.

I believe that the the "apostasy" prophecied in 2 Thes 2:3 is beginning to take place in the Arab world.

For a christian to be an apostate, he must renounce his religion, disolve his union with God, and accept another religion...or no religion at all. In 2 Thes. 2, the falling away has all to do with the man of sin, not the church! I think it's a shame that this 'falling away' has been attributed to the church. But that's what we've all been taught!

Rome's disgraceful past (not today) has influenced the interpretation of the word apostasia as being a "defection from truth" rather than a desertion or abandonment of a post....

This is what Bakers Dictionary of Theology has to say's this about apostasy.

"A word of increasing interest found twice in the NT. (Acts 21:21; 2Thes. 2:3 It comes from the Greek apostasia a late form of apostasis, originally to desert a post or station in life. It is used of Plutarch of political revolt and is found in the OT in the sense of revolt against the Lord. (Josh. 22:22) Antiochus Epiphanes enforced an apostasia from Judaism to Hellenism (1 Macc 2:15)

In the AV it is translated "falling away" in relation to the man of sin or antichrist. In this sense the thought is of religious revolt. Cremer states that apostasia is used in the absolute sense of "passing over to unbelief," thus a dissolution of the "union of God subsisting through Christ." Amdt adds rebellion or abandonment in the religious sense. On the nature of apostasy there are lengthy articles in both the JewEnc and the CE developing an extensive doctrine of apostasy.

In the NT. 2 Thes 2:3 is part of a prophetic passage of apocalyptic character. The falling away invites conjecture about whom and from what. The event seems future and thus related to antichrist. The implication is that the apostates will welcome the man of sin." _________________________________________________________________

Entire kingdoms have gone into apostasy when it's ruler or king called for one. And it was always to change the "national religion."

Here's a list of apostates that have gone from one religion to another.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Apostasy (Greek απο, apo, "away, apart", στασις, stasis, "standing") is the formal renunciation of one's religion.

Noted apostates

This is a list of notable persons that have followed a religion and then publicly abandoned or publicly criticized it and attracted notable attention by this defection, or had a notable influence on society with their defection; or if the person has been notably been referred to as an apostate by other groups or people regardless whether the person accepts this label or not.

Ambedkar an ex-Hindu who became a Buddhist

Karen Armstrong ex-Roman Catholic nun who became an atheist

Julian the Apostate ex-Christian and Roman emperor

Aurelius Augustine (Augustine of Hippo) Former adherent of Manicheism who converted to Christianity and criticized Manicheism in his book called Confessions, though generally not labelled as an apostate because the term is originally used for people who leave Christianity, not for people who convert to it

Marjoe Gortner ex-Christian

Ayaan Hirsi Ali ex-Muslim

Maria Monk Sometimes considered an apostate, though little evidence exists that she ever belonged to the religion she supposedly fled

Taslima Nasrin born in a Muslim family who became an atheist

Friedrich Nietzsche grew up in a Lutheran family and became a confirmed Christian in his teens but later became a staunch atheist

Salman Rushdie Accused of being an apostate of Islam by Ruhollah Khomeini due to the publication of his book The Satanic Verses

Baruch Spinoza excommunicated from the Jewish community

Ibn Warraq ex-Muslim

I would like to add Walid Shoebat. A former Muslim and Palestinian terrorist converted to Christianity.

It's my opinion that 2 Thes. 2 gives us clues as to what takes place just before the revelation of the man of sin and the apostasy is what must come before his revelation.

2 Thessalonians 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

The word withholdeth means to detain.

"What detains him? An apostasy is what he is waiting for! Shia Muslim's believe the 'Mahdi' comes when the region is in chaos. The man of sin enters in when the region goes into a revolt i.e. an apostasy. The rebellion we see in the Arab world is causing tyrants, dictators and governments to fall. A political and/or religious revolt accross the Arab world could bring the region into chaos and that's an ideal situation for the man of sin and the false prophet to promote political and religious unity in the region. That's what the protesters want anyway.

I did but no longer believe the globalist theory. The kingdom of the beast is a ten nation Islamic empire and the apostasy would be limited to that region. Then comes the Assyrian man of sin. Islamic prophecy is self fulfilling prophecy and I see it fulfilling bible prophecy.

Hasan A. Yahya, the Dean of Arab Writers in North America said,

"This article calls for wider scope of protest and revolutions in the Arab countries, otherwise, these revolutions and protests are incomplet and misguided. In his opinion, the revolution may satisfy one country, it does not satisfy all Arabs who aspire for unity, one currency, one economy, and one flag that covers a land with no borders between."

Read more: http://www.articlesb...l#ixzz1EcNgMQnk

One last comment.

Fall away in Hebrews 6 isn't apostasy. The word is parapipto.

http://www.bluelette...ngs=G3895&t=KJV

Falling away in 2 Thes. 2 is apostasia.

One can't be an apostate to Hinduism, Buddhism, islam, etc. because they are false religions. Apostasy is only a condition if a person renounces their Christian faith.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

from what i understand an apostate is one who found truth through jesus Christ and then knowingly turns away from jesus and truth