goldust59

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have this question about anyone claiming to be a prophet (as in predicting the future.)

Did their predictions come true? Any of them?

If they are not 100% accurate . . . they are not speaking from the God we serve.

I agree we should all be wary of anyone bringing forth prophecy, but on the other hand we have to examine the prophecy & I think also the person bringing it forth. (We shall know them by their fruit.)

This prophecy is a warning to the church to keep our eyes on Jesus & be seeking Him diligently concerning any teaching we hear. It contains warnings to guard ourselves against false teachers more & more as time goes by. It says many will be deceived by those that start out preaching truth & then get off in false doctrine.

(happening all the time now)

God set up the ministries of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, & teachers to equip & build us up & I believe as we come closer to the end of this age that we will see more activity from each of these offices.We will need the power of the Holy Spirit to discern who speaks the truth. I think our only hope to know when to act on a prophetic word will be the Holy Spirit because there will come a time that we can't sit and wait to see if it comes to pass or not, especially if we are involved in bringing it to pass.

There are no longer any prophets. Only the gift of prophecy. I read the OP and there's a lot of general scriptural declarations that are absolutely true. I just don't agree that the evil ones will come as an angel of light within the church. For several years now my biggest gripe about the church is that most preachers claim that the man of sin and all of his cronies will come from within the church and that's just not true. The sad thing is that's what we've all been taught.

The only people who believe and teach that the man of sinn will emerge from within the church are Protestant's who define the word apostasy as heresy, backslidding, or a defection from truth. That's not the defintion of apostasy. Protestant's have long held the view that the Catholic church is heretical and backslidden. In Strong's where one interpretation for apostasy is "a defection from truth," they warn that those definitions are the opinion of the interpreter. And that definition has since been removed from Strong's. I haven't been able to find it anyway.

The word apostasy in no way implies a defection from truth though the Protestant's would like us to believe it does. Their opinion was influenced by Rome's horrible past. For this reason Christianity has adopted an incorrect definition of apostasy. The word apostasy has the same meaning across all religions today...except Christianity because of these well meaning Protestant's. The Catholic church has influenced Protestant Christians to believe that it's a defection from truth. There's no reason for the word apostasy to have a different meaning when applied to Christians or the church than it does elsewhere. Christian's have been misled to believe these things for so long it's hard for them to break out of it. It's no different than the experts teaching us about a global dictator and one world religion. They've taught it for so long that they just can't believe the "prophecy experts" could be wrong.

This is what I disagree with about Mr. Frodsham.

There shall come deceivers among My people in increasing number, who shall speak forth the truth and shall gain the favor of the people, for the people shall examine the Scriptures and say, "What these men say is true." Then when they have gained the hearts of the people, then and then only shall they bring out these wrong doctrines. Therefore, I say that you should not give your hearts to men, nor hold people's persons in admiration. For by these very persons shall Satan enter into My people.

He will speak the words of righteousness and truth and will appear as a minister of light, declaring the Word. The people's hearts shall be won; they will bring out their doctrines, and the people shall be deceived. The people shall say, "Did he not speak thus and thus? And did we not examine it from the Word? Therefore he is a minister of righteousness. That he has now spoken we do not see in the Word, but it must be right, for the other things he spoke were true."

Bottom line is that Frodsham believes the evil ones will come as an angel of light and start out preaching the gospel, and then Satan will enter God's people. I find that repulsive!

The false gospel of the religion of the beast can be found in one word. ISLAM!

I have to disagree with you when you say there are no more prophets. Now I don't personally know any but in Ephesians 4:11-13 we are told that God set certain ministries for equipping & edifying His saints until we all come to the unity of the faith & grow into a "perfect man". One of these ministry offices is prophet. As it is quite plain that the church has not reached maturity, I have to believe that God still has people in the office of prophet.

The prophecy in the OP is not speaking of the "demonic duo"(as you called them). The fact that evil masquerades as angels of light is repulsive to me too, but I think there are quite a few false teachers & prophets operating in the "church" now & keeping some of God's people from growing from "milk" to "meat".

If you would post scripture to back up your claim that there are no more prophets, I would appreciate it as I have not found any saying God had stopped using these ministries to fulfill His purposes for the Body.

Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

You are correct.

I am a prophet.

Jesus is Lord!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

For several years now my biggest gripe about the church is that most preachers claim that the man of sin and all of his cronies will come from within the church and that's just not true. The sad thing is that's what we've all been taught.

I've never ever heard that one before. What church do you go to?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

First, I don't believe God would do anything unwillingly, as stated in the OP's link to the so called prophecy. For those who don't believe in prophets operating today. how do you see the scripture below? Are you saying that 1 Corinthians 12-15 are null and void today.

1 Corinthians 12

Spiritual Gifts: Unity in Diversity

Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be ignorant: You know that you were Gentiles, carried away to these dumb idols, however you were led. Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

1 Corinthians 14:1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Then what do you do with the scripture in Ephesians 4:10-13

He(Jesus) that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that He(Jesus) might fill all things. And He(Jesus) gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors & teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ; Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

Since this is saying Jesus gave these ministries, I don't see how this scripture is speaking of the OT prophets.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

borderline -

How do you explain Agabus?

Acts 21:10 - And as we stayed many days, a certain prophet named Agabus came down from Judea.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

there are also prophets found in Acts 13:1 & Acts 15:32

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

For several years now my biggest gripe about the church is that most preachers claim that the man of sin and all of his cronies will come from within the church and that's just not true. The sad thing is that's what we've all been taught.

I've never ever heard that one before. What church do you go to?

I wouldn't go to a church that teaches that. It's been a common teaching that the harlot that occupies the beast is the apostate church. John Hagee, David Jeremiah, and even J. Vernon McGee taught that the harlot is the church. Well what is apostasy associated with? The anti-christ! Most will only teach that the church will accept the man of sin and some go to the extent to say the false prophet will come from within the church.

I might be able to go along with what you're saying, if this is the so-called church your talking about:

Revelation 17

3So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

4And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5And upon her forehead was a name written,

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Who is this woman? Click on the link below:

http://www.apocalypsefoundation.co.za/Catholisism/The_Greatest_Hoax_Of_All_Time_Catholicism.pdf