• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I know from speaking to many atheist that they have a moral code. My question is where does this come from?

*Edited to add*

I was not clear this question is to the atheists, as I know what Christians think. I was being rushed out the door by my wife and did not review it before I posted and realized that was a mistake!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Just because someone does not believe in God does not mean they don't have a conscience. Before I accepted Christ, I knew the difference between what I established as right and wrong. I gained this through the upbringing of my parents, what I read, what I heard and what I felt inside. They do not posses the same morality as Christians do, but they do have a humanistic moral code.

Just because someone does not believe in God does not mean they don't have a conscience. Before I accepted Christ, I knew the difference between what I established as right and wrong. I gained this through the upbringing of my parents, what I read, what I heard and what I felt inside. They do not posses the same morality as Christians do, but they do have a humanistic moral code.

This I know. My question is mainly for the atheists. Where, if not from God does your conscience come from. Where does the humanistic moral code come from?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Sorry, I did not notice where you posted the question nor thought it was a question asked to a certain group.

My question is mainly for the atheists. Where, if not from God does your conscience come from. Where does the humanistic moral code come from?

Except for those who are mentally deficient, everyone is hardwired with a set of morals. The ability to know right from wrong.

Other than not believing in God, atheists are no different than you and I. The God that created the believer is the same God that created the nonbeliever.

Romans 9

17 For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh,

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Other than not believing in God, atheists are no different than you and I. The God that created the believer is the same God that created the nonbeliever.

Good point :thumbsup: ("No one comes to the father except through me")

This begs the question.

Will an atheist be judged any differently to someone who believes in God but has not accepted Him? (I am sure there must be a scripture or two pointing directly at the question, but can't think of one offhand)

This begs the question.

Will an atheist be judged any differently to someone who believes in God but has not accepted Him? (I am sure there must be a scripture or two pointing directly at the question, but can't think of one offhand)

Romans 2

11 For there is no partiality with God.

13 for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

This begs the question.

Romans 2

13 for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;

I am agreeing with you, but just trying to get my thoughts in order....

One is saved or one is not. Matters not how "unsaved" one is come judgment.

Why then do we treat atheists and "seekers" differently? Because we see "hope" in a seeker?

Is this scriptural and correct, or are we missing something?

This begs the question.

Romans 2

I am agreeing with you, but just trying to get my thoughts in order....

One is saved or one is not. Matters not how "unsaved" one is come judgment.

Why then do we treat atheists and "seekers" differently? Because we see "hope" in a seeker?

Is this scriptural and correct, or are we missing something?

I've often wondered the same thing.

We are instructed to love our neighbor's as ourselves and whether people are willing to admit it or not, atheists are just as much our neighbor as any christian.

Is this different treatment scriptural and correct? No, I don't believe it is.

Matthew 5

Again, I am not speaking to what believers think about this question, my question is to the atheists, as all my questions in the outer court has been. I want to know, where Atheists think they got there moral code. Stating that God gave it to them is the Christian point of view. This I know!