• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"God knows that when you eat the fruit of that tree, you will know things you have never known before. You will be able to tell the difference between good and evil. You will be like God." These words are not without truth on the surface, but in the subconscious, upon accepting they are valid, they leave a subconscious impression, or image of God, that is self-serving in nature and who does not have mankind's interests at heart. Through this "subtlty" man was moved to not trust God and this distrust fascillitated disobedience. We traded in a Holy Image of God for one that was corrupt, not trusting our own instincts. Being innocent we were not aware of guile, and were gullible. I do not find this a bizarre theology.

The serpent told a lie. The woman and the man believed the lie rather than what the Lord told them. They believed the lie about the Lord's nature over what they learned of Him from their time spent with Him.

With the amount of time they had been spending with the Lord, they had every reason to know better about who He is. They physically walked with Him!

But by believing the serpent's words, they believed the Lord lied to them.

Thus they are guilty of disbelief and distrust of the Lord.

Not being exposed to guile before is no excuse for distrusting the Lord.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  517
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I am done I am wasting pearls. I knew that from the beginning just needed to show the fallacy of your logic so that others are not led astray.

Hey, I'm frustrated too. Look how long our posts have become just dealing with the semantics of the word choice. Are you referiing to the objective view that there is an option or the subjective view that we will decide? Please don't answer that, it is a rhetorical question.

All I've said all along is God is Love and He exists without choice. All you've said is you can disobey Love. I get it. I am alive too. I know I can disobey God, and have been ignorant enough to do so. I've learned to trust Him through the Holy Spirit's guidance. I see no choice but to obey Him, therefore. He's smarter than me. Why would you seek to report me for? Because I say we are decieved into disobeying Him? Because I say with out Him, we are subject to the will of the flesh? In Christ, I am you and you are me, right? May peace be upon you and your house even as I desire it upon mine.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I concede the term post hypnotic suggestion may not be applicable according to the definiition you provided. I should have used the word subtlty.

"God knows that when you eat the fruit of that tree, you will know things you have never known before. You will be able to tell the difference between good and evil. You will be like God." These words are not without truth on the surface, but in the subconscious, upon accepting they are valid, they leave a subconscious impression, or image of God, that is self-serving in nature and who does not have mankind's interests at heart. Through this "subtlty" man was moved to not trust God and this distrust fascillitated disobedience. We traded in a Holy Image of God for one that was corrupt, not trusting our own instincts. Being innocent we were not aware of guile, and were gullible. I do not find this a bizarre theology.

"Not without truth on the surface", how?

They are a barefaced lie, issued by the prince of lies, nothing more, nothing less. And of course if one accepts them as valid they leave a subconscious impression. Everything we accept as valid leaves an impression! There is no logic to your argument.

I accept as valid that a ripe banana is yellow. If I see a red banana my subconscious tells me something is wrong. If you get my drift....

You state the obvious, but in a "red banana" way to me...

The serpent told a lie. The woman and the man believed the lie rather than what the Lord told them. They believed the lie about the Lord's nature over what they learned of Him from their time spent with Him.

With the amount of time they had been spending with the Lord, they had every reason to know better about who He is. They physically walked with Him!

The devil was both tempter and accuser in the bible, just like a bookie. But thank God for the Christ whose blood defeated the accuser of men. Jesus said, "what measure you judge others by so will you be judged". One Spirit is of contempt and one is of forgiveness. You know how I feel about it, I believe they were tricked into going down the wrong path. 2 Corinthians 11:3 But Eve was tricked by the snake's clever lies. And I'm afraid that in the same way your minds will some how be led down the wrong path. They will be led away from your true and pure love for Christ. Revelation 12: 9,10The great dragon was thrown down to the earth, and his angels with him. The dragon is that old serpent called the devil, or Satan. He leads the whole world down the wrong path.

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven. It said,

"Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God have come.

The authority of his Christ has come.

Satan, who brings charges against our brothers and sisters,

has been thrown down.

He brings charges against them before our God day and night.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The devil was both tempter and accuser in the bible, just like a bookie. But thank God for the Christ whose blood defeated the accuser of men. Jesus said, "what measure you judge others by so will you be judged". One Spirit is of contempt and one is of forgiveness. You know how I feel about it, I believe they were tricked into going down the wrong path. 2 Corinthians 11:3 But Eve was tricked by the snake's clever lies. And I'm afraid that in the same way your minds will some how be led down the wrong path. They will be led away from your true and pure love for Christ. Revelation 12: 9,10The great dragon was thrown down to the earth, and his angels with him. The dragon is that old serpent called the devil, or Satan. He leads the whole world down the wrong path.

has been thrown down.

The devil was both tempter and accuser in the bible,

Two small points, but important to me...

The devil was, is both tempter and accuser in the bible

What makes you think the same does not apply to him today?

I concede the term post hypnotic suggestion may not be applicable according to the definiition you provided. I should have used the word subtlty.

"Not without truth on the surface", how?

God does know the knowledge of good and evil which we didn't, and in that respect only, would we become like God.

They are a barefaced lie, issued by the prince of lies, nothing more, nothing less. And of course if one accepts them as valid they leave a subconscious impression. Everything we accept as valid leaves an impression! There is no logic to your argument.

It is not a bare faced lie as I just proved, but a subtle lie as the bible says. I'm sorry if my logic offends you, I'm merely saying Eve was tricked and that Jesus died to protect us from the blame Satan casts on all men. I bless you and hope the best for you. 2 Corinthians 11:3, But Eve was tricked by the snake's clever lies. And I'm afraid that in the same way your minds will somehow be led down the wrong path. They will be led away from your true and pure love for Christ. Revelations 13:9-10

The great dragon was thrown down to the earth, and his angels with him. The dragon is that old serpent called the devil, or Satan. He leads the whole world down the wrong path.

has been thrown down.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I am done I am wasting pearls. I knew that from the beginning just needed to show the fallacy of your logic so that others are not led astray.

Hey, I'm frustrated too. Look how long our posts have become just dealing with the semantics of the word choice. Are you referiing to the objective view that there is an option or the subjective view that we will decide? Please don't answer that, it is a rhetorical question.

All I've said all along is God is Love and He exists without choice. All you've said is you can disobey Love. I get it. I am alive too. I know I can disobey God, and have been ignorant enough to do so. I've learned to trust Him through the Holy Spirit's guidance. I see no choice but to obey Him, therefore. He's smarter than me. Why would you seek to report me for? Because I say we are decieved into disobeying Him? Because I say with out Him, we are subject to the will of the flesh? In Christ, I am you and you are me, right? May peace be upon you and your house even as I desire it upon mine.

No you have added to the word of God, Misquoted and misrepresented the Bible. You can not prove your points with out twisting the very word of the Lord, and claiming your confused by semantics You have done the same on at least one occasion with me. I belive all that needs to be said on this post has been said.

So I am now closing this thread.