• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

This is a good question.

Lets see what Jesus said..........

Matthew 7:21-23

V.21

You would think, that going to a Palm Sunday service, might bring people to Christ;

But they dont, because they arent intended for the unsaved, but for Gods people.

You're speculating. You don't know how many nonbelievers will attend Easter services. Church is intended for God's people, but on any given sunday, how many nonbelievers are sitting in the pews?

Therefore if an unsaved person(especially if they are already religious), attends a Palm Sunday service, it will reinforce the idea that they think they are saved.

So is it Palm Sunday that's the problem or the individuals personal beliefs?

So the shame is, they will die and go to hell, because we patted them on the back and said, "your okey", when they weren't okey!

So the shame should fall on the "back patters", and not the holiday.....................................right?

Guest shiloh357
This coming Sunday, a lot of Bible believing Churches are going to be recognizing Palm Sunday, to their own shame.

Other than being one of those made-up celebrations, concocted by the Catholic Church, Palms Sunday is also one of the last days, a real Christian would want to celebrate.

Here is the account........

John 12:12-13

V.12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

V.13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed [is] the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

This is direct fulfillment of prophecy by Zechariah. Zechariah was inspired by God to reveal that Jesus would one day ride into Jerusalem on the foal of a donkey. Having a celebration that recognizes that portion of fufilled Messianic prophecy is not to anyone's shame. It acknowledges that God intersected with humanity at a certain point in history.

But a few days later, here is what those same people were crying.....

Mark 15:11-13

V.11 But the chief priests moved the people, that he should rather release Barabbas unto them.

V.12 And Pilate answered and said again unto them, What will ye then that I shall do [unto him] whom ye call the King of the Jews?

V.13 And they cried out again, Crucify him.

This is wrong. The only people calling out for Jesus crucifixion were a portion of the Sanhedrin and their disciples. I think you are letting a lot of the movies like "Jesus of Nazareth" and "The Passion of the Christ" drive how you look at this event. Remember: Most of Israel was clueless, as Jesus' trials were held in secret in the middle of the night. Most of Israel was celebrating the Passover at that time, so to claim that "the same people" who were calling on Him with words like "Hosanna" were also calling for His death is just not historically or biblically accurate.

Not only was the Church, never instructed to celebrate this event, but knowing the whole story about how shallow these cries of

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Bigape no offense but you are really being judgmental. There is nothing wrong with celebrating palm Sunday. Just because I celebrate palm Sunday doesn't mean I don't read my Bible. I read it.

Mizzdy said it best.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

Palm Sunday was more than likely Palm Saturday (Sabbath). The procession which the Pharisees objected to was the advent of the Messiah. Which the Psalms prophesied in part at this juncture but is targeted for the Armageddon scenario when out of desperation as a last resort after everything else fails, the few Jews who remain and are about to be exterminated by the seething population of the world will cry out to Jesus: blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, and he will return and save those who cried out for him destroying the armies arrayed against them.

Matthew 23:39 (NASB95)

39 “For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

Luke 13:35 (NASB95)

35 “Behold, your house is left to you desolate; and I say to you, you will not see Me until the time comes when you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

Hosanna is actually Hosha Nah! Save now!

Palm Sabbath is significant for all the reasons already given so I will not repeat them. Well done guys and gals! I would only add that Tamar Shabbat in that it is the fulfillment of Daniel's 70 Weeks prophecy (well, 69 of them). From the decree of Artaxerxes Longimanus to rebuild the city and the temple in 445 BCE to 10 Nisan 32 CE **was 173,880 days. And the day was the day of chosing the pascal lamb for the Pesach Passover feast.

Exodus 12:3 (NASB95)

3 “Speak to all the congregation of Israel, saying, ‘On the tenth of this month they are each one to take a lamb for themselves, according to their fathers’ households, a lamb for each household.

John 1:29 (NASB95)

29 The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

April 6, 32 CE

Edited by JohnDB

I am not a Christian, yet I see Palm Sunday as a good thing. How can it be bad, when it was Jesus' saving all the folks who choose to believe? The way I read it, if He was God's son, then He could have stopped the entire thing, yet He went on and fulfilled what was meant by God to provide the way for all to be saved. How can it be bad then?

Also, thank you to those who explained about this because I never quite understood the whole "love" part, but the explanations here made sense. Thank you for that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I am not a Christian, yet I see Palm Sunday as a good thing. How can it be bad, when it was Jesus' saving all the folks who choose to believe? The way I read it, if He was God's son, then He could have stopped the entire thing, yet He went on and fulfilled what was meant by God to provide the way for all to be saved. How can it be bad then?

Also, thank you to those who explained about this because I never quite understood the whole "love" part, but the explanations here made sense. Thank you for that.

SDGS, you might be surprised for hearing this, but I think you are closer to being a Christian then what you think. All you have to do is accept Jesus as your Lord, savior, be baptized and let your light shine.

Think about it, without even looking into a Bible, you can see that Jesus is nothing but the truth. Look at the impact Jesus had on the Romans (they were nonbelievers), it is my understanding that the Romans designed the measure of our time line. When Jesus died on the cross, all the events that happen left such a impression on the Romans that they split time at that point (BC and AD). Does a fairy Tale cause nonbelievers to make decisions that effect generations to come? I Think not.

SDGS, you might be surprised for hearing this, but I think you are closer to being a Christian then what you think. All you have to do is accept Jesus as your Lord, savior, be baptized and let your light shine.

Think about it, without even looking into a Bible, you can see that Jesus is nothing but the truth. Look at the impact Jesus had on the Romans (they were nonbelievers), it is my understanding that the Romans designed the measure of our time line. When Jesus died on the cross, all the events that happen left such a impression on the Romans that they split time at that point (BC and AD). Does a fairy Tale cause nonbelievers to make decisions that effect generations to come? I Think not.

Sometimes it is funny how a person knows a thing, but doesn't know what they know. I knew all about the line drawn between BC and AD but I never made the connection to Jesus.

I knew the Romans did that but I never stopped to consider why. The way you put it, makes it really hard for me to say it isn't real.

Please stop making me think on this stuff :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Sometimes it is funny how a person knows a thing, but doesn't know what they know. I knew all about the line drawn between BC and AD but I never made the connection to Jesus.

I knew the Romans did that but I never stopped to consider why. The way you put it, makes it really hard for me to say it isn't real.

Please stop making me think on this stuff :whistling:

LOL..... Thinking is free, but believing will cost you eternity and eternity in Heaven isn't a bad thing. Now don't think on it too long, who knows how long our candle of life will stay burning.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"Palm Sunday," as we call it, was a very profound fulfillment of Scripture. ("Rejoice O daughter of Zion....")

Can you expand on this Neb? Im not familiar with that (no big surprise, I have lots of gaps in scriptural knowledge lol), and Im sure we would all benefit from learning more about this.

Zechariah 9