• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

Hello,

Just wanted to pick peoples brains on what the general thoughts are on Rosh Hashanah being the next major prophetic event, the rapture or tribulation start. I'm very interested in prophecy and I ran across some sites and books where the authors talk about Rosh Hashanah or the Feast of Trumpets being the next in the line of seven major events. They say that all the Jewish feast are types of Christ and that the first 4 have already been shown in history with Jesus' entry into Jerusalem, his death, resurrection and the pouring out of the holy Spirit. And that all of the first 4 were fulfilled on the exact day of the feast.

They go on to show how Jewish idioms that Jesus used talking about the last days point to Rosh Hashanah. It's the feast that "no one knows the day or hour" and there are a series of trumpet blast and after the last one is when the feast begins. Also in OT times when this feast was to start and Jews heard the trumpets blow they all stopped working and went to the temple, some have pointed to this being a type cast of the rapture.

Anyways just curious what you guys thought about it.

If this is new to you please Google it.

Thank you,

Peter

FYI this is the site where I read about this. http://www.thepropheticscroll.org/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73:edition-9&catid=50:general

Edited by PeterH

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Hi Peter H, I really hope you get some feedback on this because I am interested in it too. Don't have lot of knowledge about Rosh Hashanah. Trying to learn about it though.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

Howdy! Batya Wootten has a wonderful book out that goes through the feasts you can google it if you want. Also I know that the NT says, feasts of the Jews but they are Gods feasts they belong to Him, He set them aside for His called out ones. The idioms are Hebrew idioms not Jewish ones also. Rosh HaShanah is a time of repentance, a time to reflect on ones sins and confess and teshuvah to return to Him that gives life. Its a period of 40 days that ends with Yom Kippur. This was taken from Eddie Chumneys book, you can read the whole book online also;

Rosh HaShanah: Names, Themes, and Idioms

1.Teshuvah (repentance)

2.Rosh HaShanah (Head of the Year, Birthday of the World)

3.Yom Teruah (the Day of the Awakening Blast [Feast of Trumpets)

4.Yom HaDin (the Day of Judgment)

5.HaMelech (the Coronation of the Messiah)

6.Yom HaZikkaron (the Day of Remembrance or memorial)

7.The time of Jacob's (Ya'akov) trouble (the birthpangs of the

Messiah, Chevlai shel Mashiach)

8.The opening of the gates

9. Kiddushin/Nesu'in (the wedding ceremony)

10.The resurrection of the dead (rapture, natza1)

11.The last trump (shofar)

12.Yom Hakeseh (the hidden day) link

Yeshua fulfilled the spring feasts and He will fufill the fall ones when He returns.

shalom,

Mizz

Thanks mizzdy!

Thanks mizzdy!

:thumbsup: Welcome.

Guest yod

Sorry Mizzy, but I could never recommend someone known for junk scholarship. A much better choice would be:

An easy read and simple explanation:

Barney Kasdan - God's Appointed Times

A bit more scholarly and in-depth:

Arnold Fructhenbaum - Feasts of Israel

I think Yom Teruah could have prophetic significance this year because it will probably have something to do with declaration of a Palestinian state.

Rapture??? fuugghhheetabowwwtttiittttt

Sorry Mizzy, but I could never recommend someone known for junk scholarship. A much better choice would be:

An easy read and simple explanation:

Barney Kasdan - God's Appointed Times

A bit more scholarly and in-depth:

Arnold Fructhenbaum - Feasts of Israel

I think Yom Teruah could have prophetic significance this year because it will probably have something to do with declaration of a Palestinian state.

Rapture??? fuugghhheetabowwwtttiittttt

I do kinda agree with you but Eddies book is free online, Chumney really does drive me nuts sometimes and he is still stuck in some real mainstream kinda things I've even heard him talk of a pre-trib rapture but on some things he does get them right. Batya Woottens book is a good one also and recommend that also. I have been thinking along the same lines as you are about Yom Teruah. What do you think of Mark Blitzs series on the feasts and how the 'heavenly signs' line up for the feasts throughout the next few years?

shalom,

Mizz

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for the reference books on the feast, although I could not find the one Yod mentioned by Arnold Fructhenbaum - Feasts of Israel. I'm finding this study very interesting and in a way it's opening my eyes to a new understanding.

Honestly I'm on the fence about the Rapture. I figured if, God willing, I'm left to endure persecution through the tribulation period then God will see me through it and I will end up with more blessings in heaven and if he raptures me up before then WOOHOO I'm in heaven.

My question is more to the point of the significances of Rosh Hashanah or Yom Teruah, specifically since between this year and 7 years out there are 86 moons which accounts for the number of days that the tribulations will last or the 70th week of Daniels prophecy. That in light with the whole Palestine issue coming to bare this fall and the turmoil in the mid-east that I personally think will end up uniting those countries against Israel.

Guest yod

What do you think of Mark Blitzs series on the feasts and how the 'heavenly signs' line up for the feasts throughout the next few years?

Mark is a friend of mine and always a thorough study. I've heard him "reach" a few times when he starts speculating, but he isn't dogmatic about knowing things which can't be truly known with certainty.

When it comes to prophecy, I try to stay with fundamental things that are rock-solid. It's fun to examine a lot of scenarios, but my position is that everyone is wrong. It's almost pointless to do anything but be faithful where we are and let that be enough.

Fruchtenbaum used to have a stand-alone book but it has apparently been rolled into a compilation now:

The Messianic Bible Study Collection assembles 190 of Dr. Fruchtenbaum’s in-depth studies on the Scriptures.

(NOTE: This is only a selection of the 190 studies included in this collection)

The Feasts of Israel - This is a survey of all seven holy seasons of Leviticus 23 and each one is dealt with in five areas: scriptures, names, biblical practice, rabbinic/Jewish practice, and the Messianic significance.

What do you think of Mark Blitzs series on the feasts and how the 'heavenly signs' line up for the feasts throughout the next few years?

Mark is a friend of mine and always a thorough study. I've heard him "reach" a few times when he starts speculating, but he isn't dogmatic about knowing things which can't be truly known with certainty.

When it comes to prophecy, I try to stay with fundamental things that are rock-solid. It's fun to examine a lot of scenarios, but my position is that everyone is wrong. It's almost pointless to do anything but be faithful where we are and let that be enough.

Fruchtenbaum used to have a stand-alone book but it has apparently been rolled into a compilation now:

The Messianic Bible Study Collection assembles 190 of Dr. Fruchtenbaum