~candice~

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

when i was in school, sex ed was totally different. in fifth grade, the boys and girls went into separate rooms (an auditorium for one, the lunchroom for the other) and the girls saw a film that explained menstrual periods and the changes they should expect in their bodies. to this day i don't know what the boy's film was about, other than their own bodily changes. that was the extent of sex ed until high school, and even then, we didn't learn near what they're taught today.

it's not necessary for people to be discussing sexual preferences, practices, or anything else at that age.

Whether you like it or not they discuss sex, or at least they did when I was at school, and I doubt that school playgrounds and canteens have changed that much in the past 30 years. The question is whether it should be discussed furtivelyin an atmosphere where myths multiply or whether it should be discussed inthe open in a sensible classroom environment. Children need education, support and understanding as they go through puberty.

Guest LadyC

of course sex was discussed among the kids. but myths multiply in the classroom. just like on the schoolyard. they're not taught the truth about sex in class, they're taught propaganda. it's NOT the school's job to teach our children about sex, no matter how you slice it. any parent that WANTS the school to teach sex is failing to take the responsibility for teaching their child in the true proper setting. the home.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

when i was in school, sex ed was totally different. in fifth grade, the boys and girls went into separate rooms (an auditorium for one, the lunchroom for the other) and the girls saw a film that explained menstrual periods and the changes they should expect in their bodies. to this day i don't know what the boy's film was about, other than their own bodily changes. that was the extent of sex ed until high school, and even then, we didn't learn near what they're taught today.

it's not necessary for people to be discussing sexual preferences, practices, or anything else at that age.

Whether you like it or not they discuss sex, or at least they did when I was at school, and I doubt that school playgrounds and canteens have changed that much in the past 30 years. The question is whether it should be discussed furtivelyin an atmosphere where myths multiply or whether it should be discussed inthe open in a sensible classroom environment. Children need education, support and understanding as they go through puberty.

Well, that is somewhat of a false dichotomy. If you are going to speak of ideals, then the ideal is that the parents, not the teachers, decide what and when their child will be taught about 'alternative' sexuality. Why this got lumped on teachers, I have no idea. If you believe there is a market for sex ed to come from people other than parents, perhaps it is something the church can put together. But not teachers.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

And if children don't receive it in either of those places, where will they receive it? Plenty of parents don't give their children sex education and very few churches actually have a thought out sex education programme.

I get this feeling that some people think humans are the most stupid life forms on the planet. Nobody teaches any other living creature about sex, it all comes naturally at the proper time. It is in the home and in the Church that they must be taught God's word and be told to abstain from sex until marriage.

As to homosexuality well it's a reality in all societies, even I'm sure in Tennessee, so what is achieved by ignoring it. I have a niece with a transgender parent, it's something she can't ignore and it's something those she's at school with have to have some understanding of if they are to be able to relate to her in a normal way. I don't want to see her or children with gay parents or families bullied for being odd.

Yes homosexuality is a reality, it is a reality that it is a SIN and we don't need school teachers saying it is Okay to be gay. Nobody is ignoring homosexuality (or we wouldn't be debating). What is being ignored is society not telling youth or anybody that homosexuality is a SIN.

As to giving gay friendly teachers a piece of your mind, if your child came home and told you he/she was homosexual. Would you want them to be in a school environment where that was a topic that could never be mentioned, something just treated as a dirty secret?

I'm wasn't the perfect parent, but there were things that I made very clear to my children that were a sin or disgraceful, homosexuality being one of them, they are now adults and they listened well.

Now if one of my children would of came to me and told me that they were homosexual, I would of told them to repent of their sin and lay it at the foot of the cross.

Remember God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

of course sex was discussed among the kids. but myths multiply in the classroom. just like on the schoolyard. they're not taught the truth about sex in class, they're taught propaganda. it's NOT the school's job to teach our children about sex, no matter how you slice it. any parent that WANTS the school to teach sex is failing to take the responsibility for teaching their child in the true proper setting. the home.

BINGO! :thumbsup:

BINGO! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

exactly!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1987

without a lot of prayer, this bill will never pass. we need the prayer warriors all over the country to be lifting this one up!

I will only be praying for its failure. For elementary students only, I would probably agree. But don't most schools start sex ed these days in middle school? I had my first sex ed class in sixth grade. If we are going to teach sex ed, we need to give Full story. Pretending something doesn't exist doesn't make it so...

Byron, are you going to engage with us on this topic or not? I will respond to your reply, but only if you promise not to run off when we get down to the hard questions.

I am not going to discuss homosexuality and if it is right or wrong. I decided from that last discussion I participated in on the subject (the one about the Methodist church) that its a waste of time. Everyone already has their mind made up. And there is no nudging it either way.

What I posted above has no bearing on the rightness or wrongness of homosexuality. I just have my opinion about the bill in Tennessee.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Children need to understand human reproduction, it is part of biology. They also need to understand how sexual disease is spread what it is also part of biology.

They don't need to be taught every perversion of sexual activity in the world, I mean if we are going to talk about homosexual sex we should also talk about S&M and foot fetishes etc.

But I have no problem speaking about what sex is how it works. But the model should be two people who are married as the best place to have sex. Why settle for less?

without a lot of prayer, this bill will never pass. we need the prayer warriors all over the country to be lifting this one up!

I will only be praying for its failure. For elementary students only, I would probably agree. But don't most schools start sex ed these days in middle school? I had my first sex ed class in sixth grade. If we are going to teach sex ed, we need to give Full story. Pretending something doesn't exist doesn't make it so...

Byron, are you going to engage with us on this topic or not? I will respond to your reply, but only if you promise not to run off when we get down to the hard questions.

I am not going to discuss homosexuality and if it is right or wrong. I decided from that last discussion I participated in on the subject (the one about the Methodist church) that its a waste of time. Everyone already has their mind made up. And there is no nudging it either way.

What I posted above has no bearing on the rightness or wrongness of homosexuality. I just have my opinion about the bill in Tennessee.

Hey Byron, I want to share something with you. My train broke down this morning on the way to work, THREE times. It meant that a one hour journey took three hours. I had plenty of prayer time up my sleeve, and I prayed for you. I want you to know that I've been in your shoes. Infact, a few years back, you could have substituted 'Byron A' for '~andy~' (my old username) and our threads would have read almost identical.

I've banged my head against a brick wall because I loved the Lord but so many of the Christians around me disagreed with me. It drove me absolutely bonkers, and it became exhausting to disagree with so many people so often. I understand that being the odd one out can be exhausting and challenging. Back then, it was difficult to see why they disagreed with me, and sometimes to see the grace and love in them because of our frequent (and I really do mean frequent!) disagreements. There was a time when I considered the label 'fundie' to be derogatory :whistling: .

The Lord has been so gracious, and as I have grown in Him I have found my position on many topics (evolution / homosexuals, etc) has changed. I honestly did't think it would, I thought my liberal interpretation was right, but I was wrong. Dead wrong! I came to realise that my liberal interpretations came at the cost of my ability to read and interpret the Word for what it said :b: . I'm not saying I now have perfect understanding, because I don't, but I have given away many of my liberal ideals for more biblically sound ones.

I'm only telling you this because as a result of my journey, I have a soft spot for those that I see trapped in what I consider to be liberal thinking. It was recent enough for me to remember the frustration, pain and exhaustion. I hope you stick around with us and fellowship with us, find agreement with us on the important issues, and grow in your knowledge and understanding of the Word while you are here. Worthy-ites really are a lovely bunch of coconuts :wub: .

God bless,

Candice

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

And if children don't receive it in either of those places, where will they receive it?

Johnny can't read. Why can Johnny not read?

Because the schools are more interested in teaching politically correct culturalism than the three R's.