• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/24/1966

I absolutely believe everything this little boy is saying. The book (his story) matches up with the Bible and his parents deliberately tried not to coax any words that were not his own. He appeared on GMA last week and i decided to check it out. It is so comforting for anyone who has lost a baby, loved one or who finds themselves at the end of there life. I feel God wanted it simplified as only a child could describe. The parents describe how their little boy who had an emergency operation to clean up a burst appendix. Medical personel never told parents anything about the boy dying on the table. They find out little by little as the boy starts telling them about things he could not know. He sat on Jesus's lap and describes his eyes as so pretty. He met his big sister that he knew nothing about. She had been a miscarried child at 2 months gestation and this little boy shocks his mom (who never told the kids) by telling her that his sister looks just like his older sister except with dark hair. It is a ten dollar book from Walmart but worth a million. I would like to hear anyone else's take on it or would love to answer questions about the book.

Edited by crybaby44

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Hi crybaby,

I remember a few threads on this book only a few weeks back. If you get little response to your thread, it might be because people remember the tension from those threads - there seems to be a very passionate disagreement on the validity of this boy's claims. The two main issues here, were 1 - whether or not God really does draw people up to heaven / give them a vision of heaven (two separate things) for informing those on earth, and 2 - whether or not this boy's account (assuming 1 is true) is aligned with what the bible says about heaven.

You and I have reached different conclusions about the validity of this boy's claim :).

Hi crybaby,

I remember a few threads on this book only a few weeks back. If you get little response to your thread, it might be because people remember the tension from those threads - there seems to be a very passionate disagreement on the validity of this boy's claims. The two main issues here, were 1 - whether or not God really does draw people up to heaven / give them a vision of heaven (two separate things) for informing those on earth, and 2 - whether or not this boy's account (assuming 1 is true) is aligned with what the bible says about heaven.

You and I have reached different conclusions about the validity of this boy's claim :).

Fair enough. I did not see anything in the book that would have not been possible. I understood that he may have been right on that edge, but maybe I am very trusting of people, especially 4 yr olds. Didn't mean to rub old wounds. It"s also a matter of faith. The story meant for those who are ready to receive its meaning just as from any message you feel the Lord meant for you.

Edited by crybaby44

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

You can read it here ...

Hi crybaby,

Fair enough. I did not see anything in the book that would have not been possible. I understood that he may have been right on that edge, but maybe I am very trusting of people, especially 4 yr olds. Didn't mean to rub old wounds. It"s also a matter of faith. The story meant for those who are ready to receive its meaning just as from any message you feel the Lord meant for you.

Well, some things are a matter of faith, but I believe this to be an issue where we need to be Berean - rely on an agreeance with the bible rather than a feeling that God sent this as a message. After all, what He says to us as a message will always agree with what He says to us in the Word - they are one and the same Persons talking.

And no, you aren't rubbing an old wound.

I do wonder though - how much have you closely held this boy's claims up against the bible?

I know and saw my father on his deathbed and after he'd had no sign of life but a very minimal pulse and BP, the day before he died, started praying and talking to Jesus for a few minutes then stopped. He was never able to talk to anyone for 3 days before or after he'd done this but we knew the Lord and his angels were already ministering to him as The word says they do. Who are we to say he wasn't already in the presence of Jesus somewhere. There would have been no reason for the boy to completely die if the Lord had other plans for him still on earth. The bible says that in the last days your children will have visions,prophesy etc.. so I am sure we can't limit what he has for us with what our previous generations have experienced. Lets just say I am cautiously optimistic to some of these experiences. I would not want to deny the spirit by saying it can't be true nor could I say everyone else must believe this boys account.

I know and saw my father on his deathbed and after he'd had no sign of life but a very minimal pulse and BP, the day before he died, started praying and talking to Jesus for a few minutes then stopped. He was never able to talk to anyone for 3 days before or after he'd done this but we knew the Lord and his angels were already ministering to him as The word says they do. Who are we to say he wasn't already in the presence of Jesus somewhere. There would have been no reason for the boy to completely die if the Lord had other plans for him still on earth. The bible says that in the last days your children will have visions,prophesy etc.. so I am sure we can't limit what he has for us with what our previous generations have experienced. Lets just say I am cautiously optimistic to some of these experiences. I would not want to deny the spirit by saying it can't be true nor could I say everyone else must believe this boys account.

I think you have almost struck a healthy balance there. There is a case for dreams and prophecies in the end times (and we are certainly there and have been since Pentecost). I am open to new material being introduced through these dreams and visions and prophecies (very cautiously!) however, this new information can never contradict existing information. I claim that parts of this boy's vision contradicts existing, biblical accounts of heaven and so I must throw it all out.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

That is the selling point, isn't it? Nobody can "prove" this is false unless it is held up to scripture and carefully examined, which most who buy this won't do, even Christians. This also shows that the vast majority of people would love to accept this encouraging word from this child. Be careful to accept other material outside of scripture. Look at the material, not to prove it right or wrong according to preconceptions, but examine it with a neutral mindset, only to see if it follows scripture.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/11/1977

Hi.

I have not read the book, but don't have to to form an oppinion about how it measures with scripture. the bible tells us that when we die, our flesh returns to the earth, and our breath of life or spirit, returns to God who gave it. At that point we do not exist anymore untill the resurection.

Genesis tells us that God formed man form the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the "breath of life" or spirit, and man became a living "soul".

many people are confused and think that we have an immortal soul(described as a coscious spirit), but that is unscriptural. God alone hath immortality according to the bible. WE ARE SOULS.

Flesh + Spirit = Soul

Flesh + Breath of life = living being

either of the equasions above are correct....spirit = breath of life, or God's life giving force. . . . and soul=living being...You and me.

God breathed into Adams nostrils the breath of life "spirit" and he became alive. When we die, Gods spirit or breath returns to him but it is not a conscious being. We do not exist again untill the resurection, when Jesus comes back with his reward. The bible says that when he returns his reward is with him. We do not get it before hand.

a good illustration is this..... take a pile of boards, and put them together with some nails, and you can have a box. if you pull aout all the nails, wht happens to the box? It ceases to exist. The same is with us when we die. When you remove the breath of life form us, we cease to exist as a conscious being...untill the resurection, when God puts his life giving force back into us and revives us. The bible describes death as a sleep, in which we know nothing and remember nothing, and we have no cares about anything. no wonder..we are dead and not conscious of anything untill we are raised at the resurection. At that moment though, it will be as a twinkling of an eye for anyone who has died. For them, it will seem instantanious from when they died untill the resurection, because as they are dead, they will have no recollection of time.

Anyways..I feel like I am rambling even though I'm trying to be brief. God bless, and I hope this helps.

One more thing though..remember...Satan and his minions are out there trying to mislead us and get us to believe things that are unbiblical to discredit the bible. They can even impersonate dead loved ones to get people to believe in ghosts,and such, and then they can use those facsimilies to misguide people....Sometimes it may even sound like it is good stuff, but remember also that rat posion is 99% good food. It looks and smells like there's nothing wrong with it, but it is deadly to the rat. Be careful and compare it with scripture. God Bless.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I recently read this book as well. Not having been there to witness these events firsthand it's difficult for anyone to form an accurate opinion of what really happened. If what the author of the book says is really true, I think some of what the boy experienced may have been real, though I do feel a large portion of it was fabricated. Of course the author might also be fibbing a bit to sell his book, he wouldn't be the first one.