• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/22/1976

Have u ever heard any one say the following: I wanna give my life to God when my life is on order??? In my community I've always heard people say this(I might have said it myself even!) But I never got it! Talk to me out here; what's ur take on this??

Have u ever heard any one say the following: I wanna give my life to God when my life is on order??? In my community I've always heard people say this(I might have said it myself even!) But I never got it! Talk to me out here; what's ur take on this??

Can't say as I have ever heard that, and I am a pastor.

My view on it is we're broken people, and there is no hope of us putting our lives together outside of Divine intervention.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

No way! We don't get our lives together to come to God. We come to God for Him to put it together. Don't put the horse before the cart...

This is a news forum, the thread probably belongs in General Discussions.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

People say things like this because they are still trying to "save themselves," meaning they think they can somehow make themselves worthy of God's salvation by getting their lives cleaned up through their own power. It doesn't work. And God doesn't expect us to get all gussied up before we come to Him. He takes us just as we are. Whatever changes need to be made can and will be done through Him. That way we can't take the credit.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I only ever heard a few people say that or something similar to it, I've read it here on Worthy a few times. I do have a hunch that there are quite a few people out there that think it and feel that's what is holding them back from seeking God. We must get the word out whenever possible, that is not the case, they think because we are Christians, that we think were perfect and they won't fit in, they are totally wrong. Show me a person that thinks they are totally perfect (other then Jesus) and I can show you a liar. (I can bank on that one ;) )

Guest Butero

It is just one of the many excuses people make to put off getting right with God. Problem is, without God, they will never get their life in order. Getting right with God is the first step.

And I agree with every1!!! You know what before I've recently surrendered all to my Lord and savior; I thought about when I was out there in the world and I used to say that God had no time for me and that my sins were so disgusting that I couldn't even dare speak about God yet alone giving jesus my life; but oh how good it feels to being the arms of the Lord I love my walk with Him daily; and yes it is very challenging at times and I can even say really hard; but I'd rather walk not knowing where I He may lead me; then to walk around in darkness knowing where my life will end!!! Thanks saints for ur input God bless u friends!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

:emot-hug: Sister just some advice. The TOS does not allow us to use abreviations such as u, y, etc. We are required to use the full word, often because there are people from all over the world here who may not get what you are saying. So before u r tld by a mod to stop, just thought I would let u know :)

Blessings

Do you have some keys missing on your computer?

No I do not I just like to keep it simple sometimes!!!