• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

~candice~ said in another thread:

With the exception of adoption rights, I don't disagree with equal rights in those areas you listed. I'm pleased to hear you would be willing for the church to, for example, refuse to marry a gay couple. l don't think religion needs to usurp the state, I just think there needs to be a way for Christians to uphold (what we believe to be) pure marriage in the eyes of God without the state interfering.

I would like to explore the adoption policy in this thread, to avoid hijacking the other one.

~candice~

Will you agree with me on the overarching guidelines to formulate the best adoption policy?

1) To have the best interest of the child.

2) To maximize the probability of the child to be successful in life.

Regards,

UF

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Hi UF,

That sounds about right, adoption is about giving a stable healthy family environment for a child to grow up in.

Candice

That sounds about right, adoption is about giving a stable healthy family environment for a child to grow up in.

What makes you think that gay couples cannot provide a stable healthy family life for a child any more or less than a hetero couple(all other things being equal)?

Do you think that a single parent is more able to provide a stable healthy family life for a child than gay parents?

Do you think a child is better served remaining in the foster care system than to be adopted by gay parents?

Regards,

UF

Edited by UndecidedFrog

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Because promoting an ungodly form of sexual relationship is not a "healthy stable family environment".

Because promoting an ungodly form of sexual relationship is not a "healthy stable family environment".

Aside from the ungodly nature of homosexual relationships, is there any other reason to consider that homosexual couples are not as capable of raising children as heterosexual couples?

Regards,

UF

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Promoting an ungodly lifestyle is a pretty big deal. If they are accepting of that sin, then they lack the morality set forth from God.

Promoting an ungodly lifestyle is a pretty big deal. If they are accepting of that sin, then they lack the morality set forth from God.

All non-christians (and all name-only christians) are doing exactly that. They are all promoting "ungodly" lifestyles. This includes all atheists, hindus, muslims, buddhists, etc.

So now the question is would you deny adoption rights to these people as well, based on their ungodly lifestyles? Should adoption be limited to only *true* christians?

Regards,

UF

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

For me I would want a married man and women to be first in line for adopting a child.

However what if they don't exist? I believe that two homosexuals if they are a solid people in other areas of their life are probably better than foster care. The problem is that many gays right now are adopting for political reasons, to simply show that the can, not because they care about children, this would have to really be checked out. My agency does do adoptions of infants we would not by policy adopt to a gay couple.

But as far as healthy infants in the US up for adoption, no there would never be a reason to adopt to homosexuals as the current waiting time for most public adoptions of infants in the US is now years, there are many many more straight married couples wanting to adopt than there are babies to adopt in the US. It is the reason that so many couples are forced to spend tens of thousands of dollars adopting overseas. There would be no reason to ever place a child with a homosexual over a married couple.

For me I would want a married man and women to be first in line for adopting a child.

However what if they don't exist? I believe that two homosexuals if they are a solid people in other areas of their life are probably better than foster care. The problem is that many gays right now are adopting for political reasons, to simply show that the can, not because they care about children, this would have to really be checked out. My agency does do adoptions of infants we would not by policy adopt to a gay couple.

But as far as healthy infants in the US up for adoption, no there would never be a reason to adopt to homosexuals as the current waiting time for most public adoptions of infants in the US is now years, there are many many more straight married couples wanting to adopt than there are babies to adopt in the US. It is the reason that so many couples are forced to spend tens of thousands of dollars adopting overseas. There would be no reason to ever place a child with a homosexual over a married couple.

The homosexual couples I know who adopt children do so because they have love to share with children, and adopt for this reason, and not for political reasons. I dislike adoption agencies who have a policy of not accepting adoptive gay parents.

I agree with you that for HEALTHY INFANTS, there is a waiting list to adopt them. However, you probably know as well as I do, that the children who most need to be adopted are not HEALTHY INFANTS, but are either older children who have been in the foster care system for years or have health issues (crack babies, e.g.), or both. These are the children that linger in foster care and need most to be adopted. I wonder at those people making decisions of not considering loving gay couples as potential adoptive parents for some of these children.

Regards,

UF

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

The homosexual couples I know who adopt children do so because they have love to share with children, and adopt for this reason, and not for political reasons. I dislike adoption agencies who have a policy of not accepting adoptive gay parents.

I agree with you that for HEALTHY INFANTS, there is a waiting list to adopt them. However, you probably know as well as I do, that the children who most need to be adopted are not HEALTHY INFANTS, but are either older children who have been in the foster care system for years or have health issues (crack babies, e.g.), or both. These are the children that linger in foster care and need most to be adopted. I wonder at those people making decisions of not considering loving gay couples as potential adoptive parents for some of these children.

Regards,

UF

I think the people that decide these things, first need to look at the needs of the child above all other things. They need parents, as in two, that will love them and raise them with-in the moral laws of the country they live in, They need to know who they are and a chance to find out who they are. Like all people, homosexual couples put on false faces at times. No all guy couples would be good parents and not all mother, father couples are good parents.

Members of my family this past year have adopted 5 (five) kids, all under 7 8 we just had a Birthday. All I can say is "Thank-God" it was not me that adopted them, I can not keep up with one, never mind 5 at a time. So once every 2 weeks, I visit with one at a time. By the way, we were the foster care people of these kids, and plans are set up to include them all in any and all benefits that the other two children will get in time. The adopted parents are now so busy, that most of the time, one of the older children watch the younger ones. I have taken on the part time job in teaching the boys how to work with their hands, like using a measuring tape, math problem, using a saw, and trying to find out their interest. Oh 4 boys and one girl.

If I were a person that was working in one of these places, I do believe I would choose not to give a pair of homosexual people the papers to adopted any child, I would also be prepared to either quit or go to Jail for not following a State Order.

Romans Chapter 13 tells us that we should follow all the laws made by those in power, for they were put there by the providence of God. However, their requirements “may be” opposed to the Law of God, and then we are to obey God rather than man; Act_4:19; Act_5:29. But it is meant that the power is entrusted to them by God; and that he has the authority to remove them when he pleases. If they abuse their power, however, they do it at their peril; and “when” so abused, the obligation to obey them ceases.