~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Ok you say he was dead, many times, but why do you have to be so presumptuous about what our response to this testimony would be? It's like you framed it presuming you would get bad opinion/comments. Say what you will / believe what you will? I'm sorry but I don't understand why your post is soaked with what seems like accusations of disbelief.

Sorry if it came across that way, and yes you are right, I am defensive. If you trawl back into past posts I have made about miracles I have seen and experienced with my own eyes in Mozambique and in my family you might see why.

In one I was almost but not directly accused of defrauding a bank. The inference was there. The eventual result was that I could prove it was God at work, but still the skeptics.

It is probably something I should work on. What is, is, and we should not be concerned about telling the world or believers about His awesome deeds.

See I believe in signs and wonders, and don't believe they have ever stopped. There are those who would disagree.

Fez, this thread is about resurrections. It wasn't a personal attack on your claims of witnessing miracles so there is no need to defend yourself in here. I didn't read a single comment doubting or scoffing the ability of God to raise a person from the dead. I also didn't see anyone 'concerned about telling the world'. This isn't about cessationism.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Ok you say he was dead, many times, but why do you have to be so presumptuous about what our response to this testimony would be? It's like you framed it presuming you would get bad opinion/comments. Say what you will / believe what you will? I'm sorry but I don't understand why your post is soaked with what seems like accusations of disbelief.

Sorry if it came across that way, and yes you are right, I am defensive. If you trawl back into past posts I have made about miracles I have seen and experienced with my own eyes in Mozambique and in my family you might see why.

In one I was almost but not directly accused of defrauding a bank. The inference was there. The eventual result was that I could prove it was God at work, but still the skeptics.

It is probably something I should work on. What is, is, and we should not be concerned about telling the world or believers about His awesome deeds.

See I believe in signs and wonders, and don't believe they have ever stopped. There are those who would disagree.

Fez, this thread is about resurrections. It wasn't a personal attack on your claims of witnessing miracles so there is no need to defend yourself in here. I didn't read a single comment doubting or scoffing the ability of God to raise a person from the dead. I also didn't see anyone 'concerned about telling the world'. This isn't about cessationism.

Take a deep breath. I will chat to you tonight.

Do you still "love" me? :laugh:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Your situation reminds me of a story that allegedly occurred in about the 4th or 5th century and has passed down through the ages. Two priests were walking along and saw a man lying against a building. One said to his companion, "It is sad that we can no longer say 'Rise up and walk!'" His companion replied: "True, but then neither can we say 'Silver and gold have we none.'"

Praise God that little John was restored to life by the Author of life. But in the context of the conversation, he was not resurrected. He was restored. He came back to you in the same body that he died in. Were he resurrected, he would experienced a change in his stasis, like Jesus did when He was resurrected.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Your situation reminds me of a story that allegedly occurred in about the 4th or 5th century and has passed down through the ages. Two priests were walking along and saw a man lying against a building. One said to his companion, "It is sad that we can no longer say 'Rise up and walk!'" His companion replied: "True, but then neither can we say 'Silver and gold have we none.'"

Praise God that little John was restored to life by the Author of life. But in the context of the conversation, he was not resurrected. He was restored. He came back to you in the same body that he died in. Were he resurrected, he would experienced a change in his stasis, like Jesus did when He was resurrected.

Yeah thanks I get that now. As candice has so succinctly corrected me :cool:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

Anyone who truly has Faith, does not need to see these type things with their own eyes. By the same token, anyone who has Faith HAS seen miracles work in their own lives. Let that be sufficient, I say. Everyone is called to a different witness.

In the meantime, consider what Christ said concerning who were not around to witness the miracles he performed. He said ( adlibbing here ) that is was much easier for those who witnessed his miracles, and heard him talking, to have Faith in Him, then it was for those who did not see him or hear him directly.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

So I've been thinking more on my post here and asked some other people about it. Maybe the first resurrection mentioned in Rev 20:6 is talking about the body of Christ as a whole being resurrected and complete. :noidea:

On the Lazarus subject. He wasn't resurrected into a gloried body he was brought back to life or restored. Still a supernatural miracle but Jesus is the first fruits and the first to be transformed to a glorified state.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

So I've been thinking more on my post here and asked some other people about it. Maybe the first resurrection mentioned in Rev 20:6 is talking about the body of Christ as a whole being resurrected and complete. :noidea:

On the Lazarus subject. He wasn't resurrected into a gloried body he was brought back to life or restored. Still a supernatural miracle but Jesus is the first fruits and the first to be transformed to a glorified state.

Excellent Peter! You've hit the nail on the head. Everyone who is in Christ has taken part in the First Resurrection(his). This is evident by the statement about being priests. We are referred to as priests and kings in Christ both in Peter's letters and earlier in Revelation. The blessing of the First Resurrection is available only to Believers. Baptism is the covenant sign. If we are with in His death, we shall also be with Him in His resurrection (on the Last Day).