• Birthday:  09/27/1968

Aneartohear,

Guess we were posting at the same time and you beat me! :tongue:

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AnEarToHear

wordsower i thank you for your kind replies and any time you take to reason scriptures with me.

Pr 16:16 How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!

I understand what you are saying but still some confusion remains with me. Surely we can remember (and many people quoted) this passage:

17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (Mt 5:17-18)

How did Jesus fulfill the resting from work?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Hebrews 4:9-11 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Aneartohear,

I like your name by the way--cool!

Matt 5:17-18 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

"But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth His Son"  and when all was fulfilled Jesus said, "It is finished!" John 19:30

He certainly did not come to destroy the law, He came to fulfill it and He did fulfill it!  He said not one jot or title should pass until it was fulfilled and it didn't until He said "It is finished"  He gave a little preview of this in the transfiguration, see Matthew 17 Jesus took Peter and James and John up on a high mountain by themselves and Moses and Elijah were there.  God spoke, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased, listen to Him!" Now when the disciples lifted their eyes, Moses and Elijah were gone and only Jesus stood.  

Moses represented the law and Elijah the prophets and when God made it known that Jesus was His Son they disappeared and He stood alone because He fulfills the law and the prophets!

He fulfilled the sabbath in becoming the rest, "Come unto Me all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest."

He fulfilled the ceremonial cleansing by the priests by being baptized--showing that He became our High Priest.

He fulfilled the role of High Priest when Cephias tore his robe.

He fulfilled every little point of the law.

Isn't He awesome?

Guest Waldans Mountain

Hey All

Hi Aneartohear

I keep seeing this scripture posted as to why we need not keep GODS sabbath

He fulfilled the sabbath in becoming the rest, "Come unto Me all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest."

2 THES.1 [7] And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,[8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

When will the rest with Jesus begin?  According to scripture its when HE returns. When the LORD JESUS shall be revealed from heaven. Not a minute sooner.

REVELATIONS 20 [4] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Its the 1000 year period of rest

ISAIAH 66  [22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.[23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.[24] And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

And according to the WORD of GOD, HIS people will still be keeping the sabbath during that rest. Hes not a wishy washy GOD. Keep my sabbath, dont need to keep my sabbath and again you will keep my sabbath. The sabbath is an everlasting covenant. Not an on again off again covenant.

PSALMS 132 [8] Arise, O LORD, into thy rest; thou, and the ark of thy strength.[9] Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let thy saints shout for joy.[10] For thy servant David's sake turn not away the face of thine anointed.[11] The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.[12] If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.[13] For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.[14] This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Arise into thy rest  This is my rest for ever

If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.

ISAIAH 14 [3] And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear,and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve,[4] That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased![5] The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.[6] He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.[7] The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet:

Above scripture says it shall come to pass in that day

(verse 3)the LORD shall give thee rest. Verse 7 says at that time the whole world is at rest. If someone  is trying to tell you that you dont have to keep GODS sabbath because they are resting in Jesus, do not fall for that false doctrine. Believe scripture! The rest with Jesus will not begin until he returns!

DEUT.12  [9] For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you.[10] But when ye go over Jordan, and dwell in the land which the LORD your God giveth you to inherit, and when he giveth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety;

It only makes sense. Obey God and keep Gods weekly sabbath. The same one God made at the time of creation and enter HIS 1000 yr period of rest which begins at the end of 6000 years. A day is as a 1000 yr and a thousands years as a day. It all fits perfectly of course. Just believe the WORD.

See, you combine physical rest with spiritual and it's not the same thing.

During the millenium we wont be sitting around looking at eachother, we will still be working.

Guest AnEarToHear

Hello I apologize if I am going off topic so feel free to start a new thread on this one if you have the time...but might someone explain this millenial rest to me in more detail? I'd certainly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Guest Waldans Mountain

Hi Word Sower

ya wrote

See, you combine physical rest with spiritual and it's not the same thing.

Ok

Its not the same. So where do you come up with this spiritual rest doctrine. Its not in the scriptures.

ACTS 2 [26] Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

Ya see in acts? My flesh shall rest in hope. By the way, the WORD is so great. You will find the words "moreover also" only 2 times in scripture. Acts 2 and Ezek.20. Coincidence? Not a chance.

EZEK.20  [12] Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them

WM,

Spiritual rest not in the scriptures?

Guest Waldans Mountain

WS

You sent these

and you will find rest for your souls

WHEN WS???

sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body

You also sent above scripture to show when.

At the coming of Christ. When we put on our spiritual body, in the twinkling of an eye. At the last trumpet.