IGNORED

The 10 commandments

Catsmeow

Sorry, but I don't have time to read the entire thread, but I do want to toss out a question.  Since the 4th commandment is about spending the day with God, then why are the opponents of the 4th commandment against spending a whole day with Him? :???:

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Xan,

Not against it at all.  My own history may be unique in that I was raised Seventh day Adventist.  On the Sabbath we were allowed to do nothing.  No TV, no shopping, no housework, basically go to church and then take a nap until sundown.  What that did to me as a child was cause me to dread sundown on Friday and anticipate Saturday night so I could resume my life.  It's ridiculously legalistic and since I was saved in Sept. 2001 and came to KNOW Jesus instead of a set of rules called religion, I feel that He is included in every second of every day and I don't need to set aside a specific day.  I read my bible every day and study and pray and it's because I want to and not because I have to.  For me Jesus replaced my legalistic mindset and became my Sabbath Rest, so I have a spiritual Rest that I never had before.  I don't think one day a week is enough.  When I specifically asked God what He wanted me to do about this Sabbath issue a year and a half ago, the Holy Spirit told me, "In all you do, do it to the glory of God."  If someone else wants to observe the Sabbath I think that is fine.  I hope you understand what I am saying, Suzanne definately does not get my explanation and I don't know how else to say it.  My conviction is that I am not under the law but led by the Holy Spirit dwelling in me, helping me and keeping me from evil and deception.

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

He abolished the commandments contained in ordinances which I understand the 4th to be.

Again I ask:

Are you then openly saying we are "not to obey them"?

In His Love,

Suzanne

Is that a "yes"?

Dear Wordsower,

I understand that you are bitter towards SDA, and I will not expose things any further.  I would just simply ask that you examine yourself and find out "why" you cannot answer my question.  For if you come into the Truth, you will find that you will not have problems answering that question clearly and distinctly.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Suzanne,

I answered your question.  I am under the new covenant, the 10 commandments do not pertain to me.  I am not Israel.  I am a sinner in need of a Savior, not a list of rules.  I do my very best to obey the 2 commandments that Jesus left, to love Him and my neighbor and I am covered by His blood.  My righteousness is as filthy rags and I am only righteous through Christ's blood.  What more do you want me to say???? :read:

Yes or No?

:read:   I can't be any clearer can I?

In His Love,

Suzanne

yo Blindseeker

I'm a worm dunker myself.

As for the graven images I dont think ive done enough study to say much about it.But I got rid of all in my house. Nor will I let my children wear any crosses or even have them.

Do you know of any other images made from trees other than a wooden cross? I couldnt think of any. But at the beginning of this scripture the WORD speaks of our Redeemer. And I do know who HE is. But like I said before I havent studied enough about this to really say anything.

Hello Waldans Mountain and fellow "worm dunker,"

That's ok BlindSeeker,

I am finished for I know wordsower has no intention of answering my question.

Suzanne,  You might note that the Pharisees posed this same question to Jesus over and over and He always pointed them to love.  Love fulfills the law.  If you want a yes or no answer, then, yes to 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10 because they pertain to love, yes to 4 only in Spirit, not in the ordinances of a list of do's and don'ts.  If you think we should sit in our "tent" all Friday night and Saturday and do nothing, then you go ahead.  The Holy Spirit has not convicted me of any such thing.  If you think you are keeping the Sabbath by not going shopping or eating on Sunday, you'll have a hard time proving that Sunday is the Sabbath by the bible.  

Blindseeker,  If any man says he does not sin he is a liar and the truth is not in him.  I interpret all of those verses to say that we are changed from glory to glory not by might or power but by the strength of Jesus.  We are called to righteousness and holiness and we should be making progress in this area constantly.  If we think we are doing a great job of being holy, pride is in the way.