IGNORED

The 10 commandments

Catsmeow

Guest Waldans Mountain

Hi Wordsower

I wrote"To tell ya the truth Wordsower its easier to keep the letter of the law than the spirit of the law". I would like to explain this a little better. Jesus said if you look on a woman to lust youve already committed adultry in your heart. This is the spirit of the law. If you keep the spirit of the law in the case of adultry you cannot break the letter. The actual act of adultry.So in a way,if your keeping the spirit of the law,you are not subject to the letter. Im not very good at explaining things but i hope ya see what im trying to say.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Yes Suzanne, I attend church on Sunday and about 99% of the time I invite 9-15 people over for lunch if they come to church with me.  These are people who work for my husband and are not churched and 2 of them have answered an alter call.  Every week we have great fellowship and they usually leave in the evening sometime.  These are people most would consider outcast and wouldn't think of asking into their homes.  I honestly can't remember the last time I ate out on a Sunday.  I do feel, however, that if any Christian doesn't want to work on Sunday God is able to provide them the day off.  

Waldeans, in the letter of the law you were stoned if you were caught committing adultery, in the Spirit you sin if you even think of it.  In like manner, I believe in the letter you observe one day and in the Spirit you do all to the glory of God everyday.

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Wordsower

I wrote"To tell ya the truth Wordsower its easier to keep the letter of the law than the spirit of the law". I would like to explain this a little better. Jesus said if you look on a woman to lust youve already committed adultry in your heart. This is the spirit of the law. If you keep the spirit of the law in the case of adultry you cannot break the letter. The actual act of adultry.So in a way,if your keeping the spirit of the law,you are not subject to the letter. Im not very good at explaining things but i hope ya see what im trying to say.

Amen WaldansM!

to brother blindseeker, and all who read his response to wordsower  just above:

dear brother,  i want to admonish you regarding your condemning tone toward wordsower.  i think the worst thing you said was ..."you commandment breakers..."   perhaps you have forgotten what SPIRIT you are of?   when we debate the WORD, it should always be with kindness, and sympathy, especially if we are convinced that the other person errs.  GOD does not speak to us by HIS SPIRIT the way you spoke here.   this is a difficult topic to have all your ducks in a row regarding, in this particular forum, rather than in an academic setting, where you would methodically list points of dispute.

christians often say the same things using different language.

i have not noticed any libertines on this website advocating commandment breaking.  to this issue i would say the following:

the original question of whether it was the 10 commandments nailed to the cross...no.

to the points about what the law's purpose...galatians says it well....it can't justify, or sanctify, but teaches us we need a saviour.

it is GOD'S desire we be holy, and to walk by the spirit...means to always lend ourselves in obedience to GOD and to his word.  since we are indwellt by the holy spirit, we now have victory over sin, instead of being slaves to it.  to walk in victory is to walk by the spirit.  Romans 8 and Galatians 5 are wonderfully clear.

i would like to see a written apology for this matter.  you are very often helpful with what you write.  i am sure you are appreciated by all the brothers and sisters, here, and for the gift the LORD has put in you.  

i hope i have not demonstrated arrogance in trying to point out yours.   we all are in humble relation to our LORD and SAVIOUR, and HIS BODY.  amen.

respectfully,

inhim

Boy, that sure took the focus off topic didn't it.  (timing)

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Waldans Mountain

inHIM

If your not keeping the commandments, your breaking the commandments. Pretty simple. Politically correct? Who cares.

Romans 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring CHRIST down from above:) 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up CHRIST again from the dead.)

Deut 30:11 For this COMMANDMENT which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. 30:12 IT is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring IT unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 30:13 Neither is IT beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring IT unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

Any comments?

In His Love,

Suzanne

dear good walden,  a libertine is a person who has disregard for moral prohibitions.. wild, and ungodly in every sense.  i have not noticed anyone here like that.

the point to our lives is to obey GOD and live holy lives.

regarding good suzanne's further request for comment, the section of scripture, deut 30:11-18 ( i take it this far) shows that, life comes with union with the FATHER through obedience, but even though moses implies they should be able to do this, no one but JESUS has been able to.  so, the destruction that awaited them referred to in v 18 has passed over us, and was taken by JESUS.  i know we all know that.  the dispute arises over, whether destruction comes with breaking the law now, and the answer is no, we have forgiveness through a better and living covenant.  does a christian go on and on sinning?  i believe a real christian does not.  i think we all have faults that we struggle with.  but the  HOLY SPIRIT has given us a new heart that wants to obey, and can have victory.  i'm sorry if this is too simplified, or if i have omitted something, but that will just give us a chance to talk more.  i hold you all in high esteem.   respectfully.  inhim

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

In Him,

Thank you but I don't need an apology from Blindseeker.